Hacking Discussion SX EmuNAND is not real EmuNAND.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is bordering on malicious compliance.

There's no benefit to this. One would presume you want emuNAND to run a clean sysNAND but this is impossible in this configuration because, while they may patch out their cloned-NAND creport, they cannot patch it out of the clean sysNAND. By the basic definition of a clean sysNAND you now have a 16GB NAND reporting to creport.

Repartitioning the NAND is also mind-numbingly stupid because now you DOUBLE the chances of failure and catastrophic screw up because you have to update both NANDs constantly.

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, Nintendo has already had a system in place to detect this since 3.0.0, erpt includes a NANDTotalSize parameter in error reports, very very easy for Nintendo to detect this the second you boot into stock FW.

Be patient and wait for actual emunand people, not this dual boot dangerous nonsense.

Although TX actually made something original this time, its a mess and will cause more issues than it attempts to solve.

Thank you for the clarification. The very first thought I had reading the news was "wait what....same NAND different partition? Thats instantly detectable and instant-ban"

While I too am happy to see TX progressing, it was really stupid of them to release this supposed "emunand". Calling it emunand is already stupid because it doesn't emulate anything, it simply creates a dual-partition single-nand setup, essentailly mirroring the OS into 2 partitions, one partition for backups the other for online play. Except nintendo will know immediately that you've modified your system partition with a exploit....because otherwise how would you do that?

The only argument that could be made is as if there was a theorhetical way to create a 2nd partition in normal system use. Which AFAIK there is none?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
No, it's you who missed the keyword "if" in my post.
Uhhh, what? How is that a keyword?
Additionally, they're legally not allowed to ban users based on what their SD card looks like.
Pretty sure they reserve the right to ban for any reason. They're not destroying data, which is what would be illegal. Detecting illegal use and banning accordingly isn't.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ExFat is a file system format, it has nothing to do with the way people expect emunand to work.

Why not? You paid good money for that feature, surely it was worth every penny! :creep:

I've had my pennies worth many times over in the last 3 months, everything else TX do now is a bonus :D

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And I've had... Not pennies worth? Not sure what to say when I didn't pay for the software I use! :ha:

and all the XCI files I have I didn't pay for, you know $50 might be alot to you, and I under stand to some people it is, but to some people it's not a lot when you've paid $300 for a switch, to me its worth every penny and more. my kids dont have a problem using SX OS, simple and easy to use, with a excellent dongle and RCM jig.

wether you like it or not thats your problem not mine :D

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well, I'm not a fanboy of anyone. I've tried all the cfw now and to be honest - I'm pretty happy with os ox. It was worth spending £20 on as I have been able to play lots of xci games for a couple of months now. Now I can dump my nand+restore it, get online updates to os ox, use emunand, play xci (without converting), mitigate the ban risk......and it was easy to do with no messing about trolling the net looking for new files/updates etc.

No other cfw has that or makes it as easy. Sure some people hate paying for stuff - but if os ox was free, most of you guys complaining would not be. I would recommend os ox over any other cfw just now without a moments hesitation.

Reactions: JoeBloggs777

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I'm not a fanboy of anyone. I've tried all the cfw now and to be honest - I'm pretty happy with os ox. It was worth spending £20 on as I have been able to play lots of xci games for a couple of months now. Now I can dump my nand+restore it, get online updates to os ox, use emunand, play xci (without converting), mitigate the ban risk......and it was easy to do with no messing about trolling the net looking for new files/updates etc.

No other cfw has that or makes it as easy. Sure some people hate paying for stuff - but if os ox was free, most of you guys complaining would not be. I would recommend os ox over any other cfw just now without a moments hesitation.

Just a correction: YOu don't have EmuNAND as this is not EmuNAND nor do you mitigate your ban risk, if anything this update increases it. also a nand dump right NOW is pretty pointless after you've been running CFW for so long

Reactions: SaffronXL

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A lot has changed since SX-OS has come out.

ReiNX for example allows you to:

- Update via a toolkit.
- Nand Dump + restore (Hekate also offers this).
- Update games (all CFWs allow this).
- Play XCI without converting (technically cheating as it auto-converts for you but it's still playable).
- Creport from Atmosphere (available as a kip) does an amazing job helping mitigate the ban risk (I'd say more so than TX's DNS blocker only).

The gap between SX-OS and free, open source CFW is closing and is continuing to do so at a surprisingly quick rate as well (development has exploded in the last couple of months).

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot has changed since SX-OS has come out.

ReiNX for example allows you to:

- Update via a toolkit.
- Nand Dump + restore (Hekate also offers this).
- Update games (all CFWs allow this).
- Play XCI without converting (technically cheating as it auto-converts for you but it's still playable).
- Creport from Atmosphere (available as a kip) does an amazing job mitigating the ban risk (more so than TX's DNS blocker).

The gap between SX-OS and free, open source CFW is closing and is continuing to do so.

The tool you state lets you play without converting does, in fact, convert it. It takes an XCI and installs it to the system. It does not mount the XCI as a cart and allows you to play it that way - you can't use a legitimate cert this way. No online play for you.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
and all the XCI files I have I didn't pay for, you know $50 might be alot to you, and I under stand to some people it is, but to some people it's not a lot when you've paid $300 for a switch, to me its worth every penny and more. my kids dont have a problem using SX OS, simple and easy to use, with a excellent dongle and RCM jig.
Oh yeah! Been installing those NSPs over my network that I can download straight from CDNSP and can easily be launched directly from the homescreen without having to wait for them to mount, or wait through longer in-game load times that come with XCI loading! Oh, and my excellent quality $1 Chink jig and $7 modchip I installed make using a dongle completely irrelevant! I know, modchips are scary to install for people with small brains, totally understandable! :lol:

I hope you're doing alright with yourself, showing off spending $50 sounds like something a poorfag would say! Save up your cash if you're going through hard time!^_^

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solid update. Looking forward to SD emuEMMC redirect.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh yeah! Been installing those NSPs over my network that I can download straight from CDNSP and can easily be launched directly from the homescreen without having to wait for them to mount, or wait through longer in-game load times that come with XCI loading! Oh, and my excellent quality $1 Chink jig and $7 modchip I installed make using a dongle completely irrelevant! I know, modchips are scary to install for people with small brains, totally understandable! :lol:

I hope you're doing alright with yourself, showing off spending $50 sounds like something a poorfag would say! Save up your cash if you're going through hard time!^_^

Mounting is nicer in some use cases, like 'this is an actual backup, I want to play online using my real per-cart cert'.

renes2

~New World~
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, where is your Proof for this theory?

Maybe the fake something Like, 15Gb of Pics and Videos folder and use this for their "emunand"?

Idk lol

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Mounting is nicer in some use cases, like 'this is an actual backup, I want to play online using my real per-cart cert'.
>He paid $20 for online
>He paid for his games
>He paid for SX OS
>He paid to have slow in-game load times
>He paid to get banned
At least you're not poor, right? ;)

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>He paid $20 for online
>He paid for his games
>He paid for SX OS
>He paid to have slow in-game load times
>He paid to get banned
At least you're not poor, right? ;)

This isn't 4chan. Don't green text.

Not sure what you mean by 'slow in-game load times' refers to. Carts load slower than high end micro SD cards. I don't like having to carry multiple game cartridges around, but I don't trust Nintendo's network services (as shown by their extensive history of being awful about purchases and the like).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0