The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Get this when available looks 100 times better then RCMLoader

https://dragoninjector.com/products/dragoninjector-payload-injector
Ehh, it looks good, but not *that* good. It's about on par with RCMLoader, the one thing it has going for it is size.
i bought sxos ^_^
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when i dload a xci does it come with dlc and upd already or do i have to do it manually? and does it work even if im banned or do i have to use the nsp upd/dlc?
I would not bother with XCIs. You know sooner or later SX OS is going to be abandoned just like what happened with Gateway 3DS and using XCIs just means it will be more work to switch later. For that reason I would also not pay for SX OS at this point. I bought it because it was the only solution for emuNAND at the time but now it makes very little sense, I've since switched :switch: to Atmosphere and never looked back. Installing nsps over USB doesn't take much longer than copying over a XCI anyway - and doesn't require you to turn off your Switch or boot into Hekate so that you can remove the MicroSD. Sure you could transfer the XCI over FTP or USB but that would be as slow or slower than just installing a NSP over USB.
Also another thing is that Atmosphere is way more stable than SX OS. For one a buggy homebrew won't crash your entire system, you'll be able to close out of it with nothing bad happening.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The downsides are far bigger. Lack of updates, broken updates that made systems unusable and led to bans. OP, just get an RCMloader ONE or an R4S Dongle and you have all you need for CFW. Something hacked up together from free things can't be better. Don't pour your money down the drain.

lack of updates and broken updates ?, sure they might take longer than Atmos but you can't say lack of updates when they are supporting the latest version of firmware, as for the broken updates, how many people have been banned ?

having XCI files and usb loading far outway the delay in updates for me.

Skirlez

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
do i just google xci splitter?
I've never used them personally since I don't own SX OS, but yeah you should easily find one by googling it. If you want a safe source for them google gbatemp after xci splitter.

lack of updates and broken updates ?, sure they might take longer than Atmos but you can't say lack of updates when they are supporting the latest version of firmware, as for the broken updates, how many people have been banned ?

having XCI files and usb loading far outway the delay in updates for me.
Broken updates iirc means that some people bricked themselves when updating to what was the first sx os version that supported 9.0.0

Josshy0125

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The downsides are far bigger. Lack of updates, broken updates that made systems unusable and led to bans. OP, just get an RCMloader ONE or an R4S Dongle and you have all you need for CFW. Something hacked up together from free things can't be better. Don't pour your money down the drain.
What? No theyre not. Stop fanboy-exaggerating. Lack of updates? What? Broken updates? What the fuck are you on about? Youre full of shit. Put your bias aside.

Skirlez

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
What? No theyre not. Stop fanboy-exaggerating. Lack of updates? What? Broken updates? What the fuck are you on about? Youre full of shit. Put your bias aside.
I'm pretty sure he meant that SX OS only gets updates when it needs to. But doesn't atmosphere do that as well?
Broken updates means the thing that happened with the first version of SX OS that supported 9.0.0. people bricked, you can see it in its thread a couple of times.
it took Xecuter a while to fix. Also stealth mode was reportedly broken at one point, but I don't know about that one

Reactions: Lumince

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
broken updates is true and calmn tf down and stop to insult others..

sx os 2.9 was broken...if u had 8.1 or lower and used 2.9 to update to 9.x via coudojour nx ur switch bricked due it froze in the middle of fw install

@Josshy0125 you are exaggerating.....why insult someone because he talked a bit negative about your so loved sxos?

Reactions: Lumince

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I mean... It can sometimes take them a lot longer to add stable support for the newer versions... So the lack of updates most likely comes from there.
Also breaking updating to 9.0 and requiring people to switch to Atmosphere to fix the issue SXOS caused? Id say that is a broken update... Also breaking compatibility with certain xci files on said update?
or how about the anti card reader update failing and updating peoples card readers?

This isnt fanboying this is just info I have been given about said updates. Dont come at me with this "biased" BS as well because I bought SXOS when it came out and used it over ATMOS for quite a while.
Each CFW has their ups and downs. Each has their preferred user base? Each has things people like and want out of a CFW. If you want to buy SXOS most people wont FORCE you to not do so but they will provide their "opinion" on whether you should or not. We all have the free will to ignore said advice/opinion. Ignoring issues in a CFW and getting pissed when people talk about those issues to support why they might not think said person should buy SXOS is just being biased as well...

@Skirlez @Sora Takihawa EXACTLY

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you really not aware of all of the issues due to SX OS version 2.9? If you're going to sweep it under the rug of a "beta", there is a huge difference between releasing something that partially works and something that can damage your console. This isn't even the first instance where they've released a broken update. SX OS versions 1.7, 1.8, and 1.9 were all bugfixes for trying to support the unreleased firmware 6.0 which didn't even matter in the end since the real firmware 6.0 broke the support they tried so hard to implement in advance. There is no bias, there are the facts.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you really not aware of all of the issues due to SX OS version 2.9? If you're going to sweep it under the rug of a "beta", there is a huge difference between releasing something that partially works and something that can damage your console. This isn't even the first instance where they've released a broken update. SX OS versions 1.7, 1.8, and 1.9 were all bugfixes for trying to support the unreleased firmware 6.0 which didn't even matter in the end since the real firmware 6.0 broke the support they tried so hard to implement in advance. There is no bias, there are the facts.
Let's not forget the early versions of SX OS too that didn't even protect your efuses from burning.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
true

i switched from sx to ams (use mostly ams but have both because i have a hdd full games for playing at home)

ams fatal crash handler..that is one big reason i switched...i hate to reboot my console if something fks up

Josshy0125

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"all the issues" = an issue with one update that happened once. Stop that.

And that doesn't change the fact of the ORIGINAL comment, of SX having actual uses over Atmos.

Stop trying to turn the conversation to fit your silly bias. Smh.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"all the issues" = an issue with one update that happened once. Stop that.

And that doesn't change the fact of the ORIGINAL comment, of SX having actual uses over Atmos.

Stop trying to turn the conversation to fit your silly bias. Smh.
Good job only responding to my post meaning everyone else's posts are valid since you have no defense for them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc