• Replies 1,366
  • Likes 88

L0v3daddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a current unlocked build of this? I want to run 921mhz on gpu on my lite while using a charging grip (battery never goes under 100%), but the max I get is 768mhz.

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all, my tesla overlay is not working. I have installed tesla overlay, sys-clk and emuiibo. When pressing L+DPad-Down+R-Stick nothing happens.

I have a modded Switch OLED.

Atmosphere: 1.5.2
Hekate: 6.0.3
HOS: 16.0.2
sys-clk: 1.0.3
ovlmenu: 1.2.1
emuiibo: 0.6.4

Any suggestions?

Ajukad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi all, my tesla overlay is not working. I have installed tesla overlay, sys-clk and emuiibo. When pressing L+DPad-Down+R-Stick nothing happens.

I have a modded Switch OLED.

Atmosphere: 1.5.2
Hekate: 6.0.3
HOS: 16.0.2
sys-clk: 1.0.3
ovlmenu: 1.2.1
emuiibo: 0.6.4

Any suggestions?
I had the same issue, in my case the problem was that the screen usage in switch settings wasnt set to 100% but 96%, after i set it to 100 it worked right away.

Reactions: MSco

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to get higher mem frequencies than 1600 MHz? Do I have to patch atmosphere for this? If yes, where to get the patch and how to apply it?

Some months ago, I bookmarked this repo to do this in the future https://github.com/KazushiMe/Switch-OC-Suite
But this repo has been removed. Is there a good alternative way?

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: MSco

Desconocido90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you have any negative experience regarding overclocking CPU/GPU/RAM to the MAX or close?
Have any of you damaged a console by overclocking? Beyond the 18W consumption level?

JCL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to enable memory clock higher than 1600? I need higher clock for TOTK, I saw someone has 1862mhz as option but mine capped at 1600mhz

krakotay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Did you have any negative experience regarding overclocking CPU/GPU/RAM to the MAX or close?
Have any of you damaged a console by overclocking? Beyond the 18W consumption level?
With 4Ifir - no, 4ifir eats just 10w
Post automatically merged:

Or 4ifir =)
Use Swich OC Suite instead.

ICKILLA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My case is... I can't use the dock without disable 4IFIR, if the app is active when I put the console on the dock, crash atmosphere and reboot in to Hekate.
How did you disable it I'm having the same issue
Post automatically merged:

My case is... I can't use the dock without disable 4IFIR, if the app is active when I put the console on the dock, crash atmosphere and reboot in to Hekate.
How did you disable 4ifir I have the same issue when being docked it crashes my switch on TOTK

huyincai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
To provide context to unfamiliar readers on 'loader' referred to in subsequent paragraphs; most overclocking patching on Switch is done via a modified version of Atmosphere's loader process, which is responsible for loading processes into memory, since IPS patches cannot be applied to Nintendo's pcv (Power Clock Voltage) process unlike most other processes. As such all of the clock/voltage modifications take place in this modified loader.

I reverse engineered most of the pcv related parts of Cooler's loader from the latest package he posted. It does not match the source code posted on the previous page, those sources are based on an older version of Switch OC Suite and/or a paraphrased version of my source code depending which folder you look at, the loader binary in his latest pack is based on latest Switch OC Suite (which is vastly diff compared the older version). Thus unless he has other shit elsewhere he's violating Atmosphere's and Switch OC Suite's GPL.

As mentioned above, his loader is based on the sources from Switch OC Suite, with *very* few changes. Looking at all the changes relating to pcv patching I could find (which are in a diff attached to this post), it should be apparent all of the changes are either very simple or do not work and were made out of cluelessness and/or incompetence. For those who do not wish to look at the source edits and/or do not understand them, they're as follows:
  • Changed the mariko CPU boost clock from 1785MHz to 2397MHz. This is "fine".
  • Changed erista memory clock form 1.8GHz to 1.9GHz and voltage from default (1125mV) to 1225mV. This is fine.
  • Changed the max CPU voltage on Erista from 1300mV to 1400mV. This has no impact on anything, as he doesn't do anything that can result in the CPU going above 1.3V.
  • Added 2193MHz and 2295MHz CPU clocks for Erista using the coefficients for 2091MHz. This shouldn't cause any more harm to a user's device compared to 2091MHz, but it's behavior will be misleading. The console will claim the CPU is running at those frequencies , however the voltage calculated from the blindly copied coefficients will be two low to support those frequencies and the CPU will silently drop its frequency, hang, and/or spew out errors reducing performance.
  • Messed with GPU voltage coefficients a bunch, copying coefficients for lower frequencies to higher frequencies. This is likely what he was trying to do to improve power consumption, however according to CTCaer if this actually worked (it won't) in a hypothetical perfect scenario you'd get at most 12% power saving, which is nowhere close to his 300% claim. Also according to CTCaer the actual result is going to be the same as the increased CPU frequencies, the system will claim it's running at X frequency but calculated voltages will be too low and the GPU will drop frequency, hang, or spew errors. But here it's actually worse than with the CPU because it'll impact already existing official clock speeds.
To reiterate, all of these changes are very simple or straight up don't work likely due to him not having a clue as to what he's doing. Lastly according to CTCaer overclocking the LCD to any notable degree isn't possible without quickly frying it, he has worked on drivers and such for these displays.

I hope this is enough to get some to stop entertaining Cooler's bullshit and realize he's lying through his teeth or trolling.

If anyone has any questions or wants clarification on anything feel free to DM me on discord at ZachyCatGame#6421 or ping me in #oc-discussion on the RetroNX discord server. This offer is open to all including Cooler (once you learn how to listen).

Edit: Fix MHz -> mV typo
I am curious about why he can overclock ram to 2666.Whatever I do to pcv_mariko.cpp,it does not work.

Last edited by huyincai,

Palleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Switch V2 Overclock Handheld(no charger) 1224/614/1600. Is it safe to keep this overclock? I noticed that the power consumption, temperature and fan did not change compared to stock.
I intend to use this overclock only on The Witcher 3, the dynamic resolution with this GPU clock makes the game crisp and clear. I noticed that the energy consumption went from 4.5(stock) on average to 4.9(oc). There was a peak of 5.3w in one second

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch V2 Overclock Handheld(no charger) 1224/614/1600. Is it safe to keep this overclock? I noticed that the power consumption, temperature and fan did not change compared to stock.
I intend to use this overclock only on The Witcher 3, the dynamic resolution with this GPU clock makes the game crisp and clear. I noticed that the energy consumption went from 4.5(stock) on average to 4.9(oc). There was a peak of 5.3w in one second
Yeah for a V2 thats safe, you could push higher if you wanted

Reactions: Palleon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol