OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah hemmm...

The menu loader clone, menu patcher and all those craps allow backup running through disk channel when u load the system menu using IOS249.

Either WiiBlaster did something wrong, or the program doesn't work, or it's not as simple as we thought...

EDIT:
WiiBlaster said:
All i can say is that its definitely running off of IOS249 and i notice no difference at all nothing.

Posts merged

wait I just stuck in wii music burned and it now asking for a update let me install starfall real quick and i'll see it will play

huh? so a backup is working?

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
Yeah hemmm...

The menu loader clone, menu patcher and all those craps allow backup running through disk channel when u load the system menu using IOS249.

Either WiiBlaster did something wrong, or the program doesn't work, or it's not as simple as we thought...

Read his previous post, Wii Music burned is asking for an update.

He did it correctly, because touching the System Menu causes Starfall to be uninstalled. And since its a backup, its being read.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used starfall to block the update, The wii music ICON shows up in the Disc Channel but when i try to play it i get a Error occurred

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try a different disc.

EDIT:

Wait, a different solution!

Try using the plain old GeckoOS to launch the game. (lol, it might be back to using a loader...)

P.P.S.

If it does happen to work, its still going to run at 3X Speed right?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I tried a few different games none of the others will even show up in the Disc channel But Wii Music, But i'll try though Geckos,

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well geckos was a no go. any or benfits from having IOS249 System menu, cause i dont think its going to play backups, Close but still a no go, If anyone whats to test it out also, Just PM me

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Tichinde925 said:
If it does happen to work, its still going to run at 3X Speed right?
Yes it will still run at 3x

Infact, originals might run only at 3x too... im not sure.

The advantage i see to this is brick protection (if we can autoboot discs using the recovery menu, we cant know if this works yet), and backup launching through disk channel without using menuloader.

Of course we could then use menuloader to reboot the system menu back to a normal IOS for other purposes
smile.gif

Wii music banner showing is something positive at least.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One last request:

Patch IOS30 to use IOS249

I do not fully understand how IOS30 is being used by the System Menu, but if this doesnt work, then I guess we can let other people take over.

You may or may not have to reinstall Starfall all over again, I am not sure.

EDIT:

If it works, then we are going to have to reinstall IOS30 again but under a different IOS #. That way Menuloader could be used to patch the system menu to that IOS# to run original games / do other functions.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if i did patch the IOS30 to IOS249 i'm pretty sure i would get the same results, Does anyone know exactly what the menu patcher exactly patches before i log off i'm going to see how it play originals real quick, I'm going to try Wario i know the videos in it play like crap.lol

Edit-Well the Wario Land ORG Wii game stills plays like it should videos in all

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i really hate to say it but i dont think this is going to work, But heres what i know
I got wii music banner to show up and play its music and Banner when i enterd the Disc channel
Starfall i can still install it, and Org Wii Games play like they always did, Other than that i see no difference running the IOS249 CIOS rev 7 than i did run it was running IOS30, But Atleast I can Say I didn't brick.lol I was really worried about that when i installed it.lol I was almost sure it was going to brick, Well The Idea has Been Tested. and i'm really getting tried it 2:09 AM here So Good night

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well good morning
tongue.gif

I'm still interested in what happens when you patch IOS30 to use IOS249
tongue.gif

Who knows, we dont know what the menu patcher patches exactly, but we know it patches the system menu and the system menu does use IOS30...

Perhaps you patched the systemmenu to IOS249, its able to see backups, but the backups wont run due to IOS30 not being patched to IOS249.

Well we will figure all of this out fully later on.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before i log off, I just do this make sure the System Menu was running off of IOS249
i went into Anytitle deleter in my system titles and it let me remove the IOS30, i tried to see if i could delete IOS249 but its now saying that IOS is being used by the System. So thats all the prof i need

breakdaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, IOS249 has a DIP patch to allow MenuPatcher 1.0 and Gamma to work. Since the SystemMenu doesn't use an IOS to do this, why should patching it to use IOS249 work?

The System Menu would need to be permanently patched with a MenuPatcher also.

Obvious, no?

That's all, thanks, good night.

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Tichinde925 - I don't get how you can patch an IOS to use another IOS...

breakdaze - "The SystemMenu doesn't use an IOS" to do what exactly?
It does sound like you know what you are talking about, but it doesn't really make clear sense to me, so i hope you can rephrase it.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
Before i log off, I just do this make sure the System Menu was running off of IOS249
i went into Anytitle deleter in my system titles and it let me remove the IOS30, i tried to see if i could delete IOS249 but its now saying that IOS is being used by the System. So thats all the prof i need

Deleting ios30 is a brave move - very easy to brick a wii that way :S

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I'm up now, and I just came to tell you, what you've already find out
tongue.gif
I thought about it in my sleep and I knew it can't brick the Wii (I was like 75% sure) and I knew it wasn't going to work the way we expected about the backups (100% sure) cause is the launcher the one forcing the disc to be readen by IOS249, if we normaly use IOS30, any game wants to be readen by IOS36 - IOS33 - IOS35 and so on, with this is the same thing, we need an IOS supporting the SysMenu and telling him at te same time that any DVD has to be readen by IOS249 (cIOS36_r7), you all know I don't know anything about coding (beyond the hello world example) but this was what it make sense to me last night....!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1