• Replies 1,572

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe if WiiBlaster still have the SysMenu hang on IOS249, could try a patched to IOS249 disc....!!!
smile.gif

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
ether2802 said:
Maybe if WiiBlaster still have the SysMenu hang on IOS249, could try a patched to IOS249 disc....!!!
smile.gif

Thats not very good news...what if you have a stack of burned games and have to reburn them all when a simple 10 second loader would suffice?

Well not everyone Has to do change their IOS.

I for sure am watching this, I hope you guys do this successfully.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ofcourse this wouldnt boot backups as the system recorginises the disc but the game uses like ios33 and that way it gives an error just like you would reboot the system menu with menuloader 0.5 into ios249 (before backup llaunching linkimworm posted a video of that)it sees the disc and shows the banner but thats it

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well the only thing missing in this scenario I guess the extra system menu patching done by rebooter... Actually it has benefits since those on backup launchers probably don't use the disc channel... so you can possibly use the recovery mode and run homebrew discs patched to the custom ios that way...

Quite an accomplishment but all those bootmii and preloader stuff actually was for this... This is much more a step into the easier backup loading actually...

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i'm only going to try a few more things, right now i'm downloading a game, and i'm going to patch it to the IOs249 also, and see if theirs any luck on that. After that, I'm done, And i'll try the recovery mode.
And i realized why the wii music was the only game showing up in the wii menu, it was because it was the only game i didn't have patched.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
If someone tells me exactly what would make the most since and possible success... I would be interested in testing this out on my Wii.

Are we able to actually add the the system menu while unpacked to add the menupatch to that "combining" them together and repacking them to a wad? I have no idea how to do this of course.. but is it possible?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Listen Up Everyone I've got it Working Playing Burnt Games No Backup Loader or Menu Patcher
Haaaaaaaaa it works. Having the system menu patched to IOS249 and having the Wii game patched to IOS249 at the same time works, I'm playing wii music Right now, no backup loader no menu patcher, just using the Wii Disc Channel

Use Is the Instructions
First Install the CIOS Rev7 on your Wii Then get the System Menu wad and patch it to run off of IOS249 you can get the program on the first page, then patch your system menu wad to IOS249, but first make sure to have CIOS rev7 Installed use anytite deleter to make sure its installed after that install the System menu Patched Wad with Wad Manager,
Then download a wii Game i tested this Wii Music non patched take the Wii ISO and patch it to run off of IOS249, I used the program IOSpatcher 1.1 and burn I used Nero8 at 4x speed Thats It, Works like a charm.

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is interesting. I'm pretty new to the forum, been reading a lot of post's lately and this is what got me into homebrew. This is my first post however so this might be an option for me since I have not even burned any games yet. So what is the advantage of this, is it to just load games directly with out the use of loaders?? Also, would this make any difference in the compatibility of games working vs using a loader?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No difference in the compatibility and if your a new user i dont recommend it, cause one mistake made will lead to a full brick, Just use the Backup Loader

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you dont have to patch the games to ios249 you just need a cios at the ios the game uses like if the game uses ios33 install a cios to ios33 and the game will play without gamma,ios patching but wiipower and i dont think its a good option but it is possible i have cios 55 and cios 33 at 55 and 33 and it works fine but this is not a good solution

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yah, maybe you guys are right...I'll probably skip this for the moment, it sounds cool though
smile.gif

I've pretty much just been using emulators right now, not really interested in backups at the moment. Still would like to see a GC loader though

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicksasa said:
you dont have to patch the games to ios249 you just need a cios at the ios the game uses like if the game uses ios33 install a cios to ios33 and the game will play without gamma,ios patching but wiipower and i dont think its a good option but it is possible i have cios 55 and cios 33 at 55 and 33 and it works fine but this is not a good solution

Thats a good idea thata way you wouldn't have to patch every wii titles just your IOS's

D

Deleted User

YES YES!!!!!
Could you just reuse cIOS r7 and make it install on IOS33, 55 etc?
Or would you have to code a new one for each individiaully?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling this is part of what CSM is.. only with code altered to force games to default to 249 regardless of what they request. No way to know until CSM is released. But in the meantime its very usefull info for any who dont want to bother with rebooters.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii will not help backup loaders, only future bricks. All bootmii is intended for ATM is to allow you to boot directly to a program other than the system menu. Marcan made it clear he doesnt plan on releasing anything in the future that will help pirates bypass security features. So anyone hoping bootmii will allow 6x speed or native backup loading... keep dreaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1