Hacking System Menu questions/thoughts

• Thread starter OSW
  • Start date
  • Views 153,223
  • Replies 1,572
D

Deleted User

digitydogs said:
Bootmii will not help backup loaders, only future bricks. All bootmii is intended for ATM is to allow you to boot directly to a program other than the system menu. Marcan made it clear he doesnt plan on releasing anything in the future that will help pirates bypass security features. So anyone hoping bootmii will allow 6x speed or native backup loading... keep dreaming.

Doesn't crediar loader allow us to do the same thing?
Also they said that bootmii will not allow piracy, so i'm assuming no backup loading...

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
credair's loader doesnt work on all system versions (u e k j) and nothing allows full speed backup playing short of a chip also bootmii will allow you to choose what program to load at boot instead of the system menu, credairs is just a patched system menu

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
that is wonderfull, but still need to patch to IOS249 the autobootable disc, we (I mean the coders) need to check the source of the rebooter function, on Gamma and menu loader, cause all of them can, what is the difference???

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone PM me the patched System menu wad, that I need?

I'm 3.2U.

also, just to make sure I know what Im doing. I just have to download the wad and patch my ISO's to 249 right?

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have clearly said a couple of times that BootMii will unlock the Wii.

Remember when they released DVDX and they said it will be hard to create a backup loader from it?

BTW, Whats up with hackmii.com?

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
That sounds right to me.... This is definately something cool...yet repatching every iso is not what any body with a large collection of burned games should do unless they have the time and discs.

There has to be some kind of way though... any chance we can use the multi-cios by Wiipower for this????

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
We still had to patch every IOS in our Wii's..!!
unsure.gif
, we need to reproduce and execute the .dol from "Menu Patcher" into the IOS249, or the IOS30 (wich this is a terrible and dangerous idea)

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
IronMask said:
That sounds right to me.... This is definately something cool...yet repatching every iso is not what any body with a large collection of burned games should do unless they have the time and discs.

There has to be some kind of way though... any chance we can use the multi-cios by Wiipower for this????

i wonder if wiipower could recode his multi cios installer to patch all currently installed ios automaticly

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
truballr said:
They have clearly said a couple of times that BootMii will unlock the Wii.

Remember when they released DVDX and they said it will be hard to create a backup loader from it?

BTW, Whats up with hackmii.com?

kwijibo // Oct 14, 2008 at 7:12 am

So… is anyone going to discuss the possible disadvantages of running with full Starlet access? Doesn’t this make writing a backup loader pretty trivial?

11 marcan // Oct 14, 2008 at 9:37 am

@kwijibo:
Not any more than it is today, at least not with BootMii-Core. Writing a copy loader is more about hacking IOS and less about getting access to the console.

As you can see bootmii will not enable 6x. someone will have to either re-write the firmware to allow 6x dvd read speeds, or someone will have to re-write the IOS to trick the wii into believing its a real wii disc. Granted bootmii will make this easier since it will basically eliminate the threat of bricks, but if it was as simple a software hack like everyone believes then wii or wan would have already managed this.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More news on the project i'm also able now to load autoboot disc like Wad Manager ISO and others autoboot disc
I just tried it out, This will really come in handy I had to also patch them to IOS249 in order to get them to work
Now i'm pretty sure the backup loader couldn't do that.lol

D

Deleted User

This is good, maybe i wouldnt go about to re-burning every game, but if i havnt burnt a game yet, i will patch it to use IOS249.
I still have no idea how to do it, but sounds good.
Maybe you could right a tut if after a week your not bricked
wink.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have tought that if we can get the menu_patcher.dol like 00000001.app into an IOS (248) and redirect the SysMenu to that IOS (248), that could work, but the .dol is 135KB and I would need to write the title.tmd to let me install it...!!!
tongue.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WiiBlaster said:
More news on the project i'm also able now to load autoboot disc like Wad Manager ISO and others autoboot disc
I just tried it out, This will really come in handy I had to also patch them to IOS249 in order to get them to work

but the Gamma Launcher still works with all of your non-patched-to-IOS249-backups, right???

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
I have tought that if we can get the menu_patcher.dol like 00000001.app into an IOS (248) and redirect the SysMenu to that IOS (248), that could work, but the .dol is 135KB and I would need to write the title.tmd to let me install it...!!!
tongue.gif

Install the cIOS normally, then do a Wii FS Dump.

Extract the dump then pack the IOS into a wad.

Then replace the 001.app in the wad with the menu_patcher and repack.

Then use Wad Manager to install.

Will it work?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
WiiBlaster said:

but the Gamma Launcher still works with all of your non-patched-to-IOS249-backups, right???

Yes it still works the same has always with patched and non patched games, and now being able to use the wad manager autoboot iso i really like that

Why doesn't someone else try this out, Its easy to do, i feel like the only one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...