• Start date
  • Views 153,256
  • Replies 1,572

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading through this thread, and this is all pretty cool.

nicksasa said:
you dont have to patch the games to ios249 you just need a cios at the ios the game uses like if the game uses ios33 install a cios to ios33 and the game will play without gamma,ios patching but wiipower and i dont think its a good option but it is possible i have cios 55 and cios 33 at 55 and 33 and it works fine but this is not a good solution
Why exactly is this a bad solution? It would be pretty useful so that we wouldn't have to re-burn our backups.

Also, do original games still play at 6x speed?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:

nicksasa said:
you dont have to patch the games to ios249 you just need a cios at the ios the game uses like if the game uses ios33 install a cios to ios33 and the game will play without gamma,ios patching but wiipower and i dont think its a good option but it is possible i have cios 55 and cios 33 at 55 and 33 and it works fine but this is not a good solution
Why exactly is this a bad solution? It would be pretty useful so that we wouldn't have to re-burn our backups.

exactly i said that was a great solution atleast i liked it, and no your games will still play at 3x

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
ok I am trying it right now... I guess I will patch the wadmanger iso with 249 and burn that first... I gave most of my patched games away... but still have a few to test it on like mortal kombat armegeddon (aka the stubborn one) ...

1st attempt...ok none of the patched 249 iso's are showing up in the disc channel...

All I did was install system menu.wad that you sent me.

Anything else I need to do?

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
Matt93 said:

nicksasa said:

exactly i said that was a great solution atleast i liked it, and no your games will still play at 3x
That kinda sucks for originals then, but its pretty sweet that we can run backups natively through the disk channel. I don't think I'll be doing this until there is a way for it to run at 6x with original games though.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you patch the system menu wad to ios249 before you installed it I gave you a unpatched version and make sure to have installed the CIOS rev7 before installing

and No it doesn't hurt Orginals at all

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you read my question wrong, lol. So originals do work at 6x then? Thats all I asked before.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ironmask use the program on the first page to patch the system menu wad, Just drag the wad on top the Program and type 249 and hit enter first install the CIOS rev 7 and then install the Systemmenupatched.wad
and on your Wii ISO patch that to ios249 also I've tested this wii music and the wad manager iso

the games must be 1:1 ORG just patched to IOS249

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tichinde925 said:
ether2802 said:
I have tought that if we can get the menu_patcher.dol like 00000001.app into an IOS (248) and redirect the SysMenu to that IOS (248), that could work, but the .dol is 135KB and I would need to write the title.tmd to let me install it...!!!
tongue.gif
Install the cIOS normally, then do a Wii FS Dump.
Extract the dump then pack the IOS into a wad.
Then replace the 001.app in the wad with the menu_patcher and repack.
Then use Wad Manager to install.
Will it work?

I've already done that, but it gives me an error, first it install the title and then content #01 .......errr.....rr..r..r......pffff error 73458723 (don't remember
tongue.gif
) that's why I think I need either a modified title.tmd, or an IOS with an 01.app bigger than 135KB

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
ok... um.. yea... i am stoned and doing this which probably isnt funny... but hey..wtf?! right? anyways... i like the sounds of this...just thought you sent me a patched wad... my bad... lemme try again...here...goes

2nd attempt... haha
wink.gif

works perfect!

Mortal Kombat loads like 6x! (Just kidding not that I would know how the original loads)

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome. Someone should make an installer with all the ios patched so that it runs unpatched backups fine. And have an uninstaller that returns everything back to normal of course. I think that would be a great idea.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after you get it installed let us know what all works for you, Cause i dont have many burned games especially unpatched ones, and all you have to do is Install a unpatched system menu wad to restore your wii back to normally

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I am now making an attempt to a patched 249 Wad Manager autoboot DVD...

Here are results:

WOW... it says in order to use this I must do a system update.... should I reinstall starfall?

OMG! I just starfalled it and it worked great! Cool beans! I like this baby!
biggrin.gif

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
Well after you get it installed let us know what all works for you, Cause i dont have many burned games especially unpatched ones, and all you have to do is Install a unpatched system menu wad to restore your wii back to normally
But what about all of the other patched ios? Assuming you have all the ios patched to run unpatched 1:1 backups. I don't know how to do this though. An installer/uninstaller for this method would be nice, like I said before.

I know I could easily do it the same way as you and use the patched menu with patched disks, but all I have is unpatched backups.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For those who don't know how to do this.........JUST WAIT, it still is just an idea gettin' warm up, have patience and do not attemp anything stupid like delete an IOS or something, this could easily brick permanently your Wii..!!!
wink.gif

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hea ironmask have you noticed how the program anytitle deleter will no longer let you delete the IOS249, pretty neat
and hea if its not done right it will permanently brick your wii, So if you not sure on what your doing i dont recommend it, Buts its pretty easy to do, Also if you do, remember not to uninstall the CIOS though wad manager That will also brick you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH