Hacking tale of two sx lites....

Cvondra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One glitches to green light in a few seconds....the other takes 45+ seconds to glitch to green. All solder points look good. Reflashed chip with latest firmware. Is it possible there is a damaged capacitor or what would cause such a delay in glitch times. OG it was over a minute and I believe the ai has gotten it down to about 45 sec. Still slow AF in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Cvondra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I appreciate that answer it doesn't help narrow down my issue. I assume that specific points create diff. actions/outcomes. Just like arching to another capacitor on SP1 or SP2 will throw a red light. There has to be at least a theory as to how far it gets to be able to make a full loop and attempt to glitch but the timing be off. Which IC's/pads are most relevant when it comes to the timing of the glitch. My solder job isn't half baked but I did have to rework several times to rid the system of a blue x3 to white. That came down to SP1/SP2. At some point the full circut is happening to give me the blue light for the glitching of the vulnerability to begin. I assume at that point the timing may be thrown off by bad solder joint or damaged ic. I am skeptical of the ic right next to the SDCard. During rework it may have become damaged. I saw in another thread where someone had botched that capacitor to the point where it was off the pads. Someone said just solder to the pads and call it good. Is there any validity to that cap not being neccessary for the overall system or negatively affect the SD card performance if damaged or bypassed?

I guess I'm looking for a deeper discussion than 'bad solder job.' Not the first system I've chipped. I've been chipping since the PSX days and am using the proper soldering equiptment/flux etc and am working under a 20x microscope so its not like I'm fat fingering the the shit all up.

Thx.

Cvondra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep no need to learn anything just be drones who spot bad solder joints. I don't do this to pirate shit I don't need to do that I do it to learn. If everyone wants to be childish about it I'll just move on. Glad the mods take shit serious around here. Peace.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: