Team Rebug Announces plans for a SwitchMe external dongle

On the heels of their massive success on pre-orders for their SwitchMe internal dev board, plans are in works for a dongle:

RebugDongle.jpg

Team Rebug has been overwhelmed with the support they have been getting for the pre-order launch of their SwitchMe internal dev board, as such they have just recently announced plans on their Twitter for an upcoming SwitchMe external dongle, which they are calling an Xecuter SX PRO on steroids. :)
So we decided to make a dongle as well, but with a battery and some break out pads for future development. This way you wont have a problem needing to recharge your injector ever few days or caps going bad making your tx sx dongle useless :D

Pre-Launch Product Features:
  • Male usb C, female micro usb on the bottom, and a cr2032 coin cell on the bottom.
  • 3d print one, because tooling a case takes too much time and you need a huge order to even make it worth while.
  • Coretex m0+
  • Battery
  • On/Off switch
  • 2 USB ports
  • Easy drag and drop payload flashing
@evilsperm is saying they are about a month away from launching the 'dongle' version, but so far its looking great, and with the massive support and quality they are putting into the internal version that will be landing with resellers in few weeks, we can't wait to see how amazing their dongle version will be, plus they are saying it will be 'cost priced' affordable like their internal dev board is. :)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

rrocha

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
no ,it's not
that post makes no sense what so ever, especially this part
"This has the added advantage of not having to carry extra adapter cables (in my case micro-usb -> usb-C)"

care to explain you you are plugging it into your switch's USB C then?
it has a female micro USB on it and the switch has a female USB C so how are you using this on your switch without any cable?
does it work on magic?
i have looked all over aliexpress for a small micro USB male to USB C male adapter or even a short micro USB male to USB C male cable and none exist
so how are you going to connect the female micro USB on the trinket to the female USB C on the switch with out a cable?
in your post it says "plus USB C adapter" but in your pic there is no USB C ,just a female micro USB on the trinket, then you say you don't use any USB C cable
so it is not making sense unless there is another picture where you have desoldred the micro usb femal and soldered on a USB type C male

Please ease your tone and research a little bit more.
Search for USB-C OTG, hence the adapter. All the magic is in the trinket itself. The way you get from a micro-usb to USB-C is not rocket science.

https://pt.aliexpress.com/store/pro...5183-42d9-a49f-9ed90c32fcf9&priceBeautifyAB=0

Last edited by rrocha,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please ease your tone and research a little bit more.
Search for USB-C OTG, hence the adapter. All the magic is in the trinket itself. The way you get from a micro-usb to USB-C is not rocket science.

https://pt.aliexpress.com/store/pro...5183-42d9-a49f-9ed90c32fcf9&priceBeautifyAB=0
yes i actually have that exact same OTG in silver that i bought on aliespress
but you said you do not need to use any cable in your post ,but you obviously do and not just a cable but an OTG adapter as well

no , what i was searching for on there was a tiny adapter less than 1" long that has a male micro USB on one end and a male USB type C on the other end
and i was surprised they did not have one since i have found all kinds of obscure adapters on there before
such as mini USB female to full size USB A male
and mini USB female to micro USB male
but no micro USB male to USB C male

too bad no such adapter exists for your trinket it would make it much more compact and no need to carry around a USB type C to type A cable with an OTG

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
excuse me if this has been answered but is jig included?

From last page.
This has a battery not caps, so you wont have the issue with the garbage caps TX used. Also you don't have to recharge this every day...
The battery will last years and its replaceable. It will cost under $15 and were are looking to include the jig as well.

Reactions: Garou
D

Deleted User

This has a battery not caps, so you wont have the issue with the garbage caps TX used. Also you don't have to recharge this every day...
The battery will last years and its replaceable. It will cost under $15 and were are looking to include the jig as well.

What makes them qualify as "garbage" caps ? I have some electrical knowledge so I'm intrigued what you will answer without bias

Last edited by ,

evilsperm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rebug.me
XP
Country
United States
What makes them qualify as "garbage" caps ? I have some electrical knowledge so I'm intrigued what you will answer without bias
What makes them garbage is they are using the cheapest caps they can find on the mark, so in turn a high # of people have been reporting the caps buzzing and than going POP. And why they didn't use a supercap is beyond my understanding of logic other than making buckets of $ with cheap parts.

The devices we make use high quality components and they aren't cheap, If I show you our BOM you will be like wtf are you thinking because you'll make no $
But we don't care about that as we take pride in what we produce.

Also the TX dongle is not a cortex m0+ as far as I'm aware. Ours is so it will function like any m0+ dev board, we are even breaking out pads on it to be used as a dev board as well and not limited to the switch.

For those you you asking if you can store payloads on it, sure why not ;)
When you plug it into your computer and put it into bootloader it opens up a little hard drive with 3.5mb of free space.
Also once chain loading is finished up you will be able to just use the internal or external SwitchME to load other payloads off of the sdcard if you choose.
Yes we will be including a jig with it.

As for paypal... we will never do business with them again and if you do you might want to run not walk away from them, as they are the biggest scumbags I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with as a credit processor.
You can use Credit Cards or Amazon Pay currently on our site.

This time around we are in talks with our fab house to handle our shipping needs if they can deal with the volume.
I have been told that shipping times would be fast if we let them handle it but I will have to see first hand.
We are also in talks with a few resellers to get these in their hands as soon as they come off the assembly line.
That way we can hopefully help keep shipping costs down overseas. I just don't want to see them try to double the price because that's just not cool.

Well have more info in a few day. We just need to get the protos in our hands and than well put in the order to the fab house if everything looks good.

Last edited by evilsperm,

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
@evilsperm thanks a ton for all of the work! Are video installation guides and photo documentation in the works? I'm unaware of how the multiple installations differ... Does the 4 wire install that uses AutoRCM only need soldering to test points, or does it also need to be attached to that one capacitor I see in the Trinket M0 installation? This will be my first soldering project, and I plan to practice heavily before doing this installation, but soldering to that one capacitor seems like a toughy!

evilsperm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rebug.me
XP
Country
United States
@evilsperm thanks a ton for all of the work! Are video installation guides and photo documentation in the works? I'm unaware of how the multiple installations differ... Does the 4 wire install that uses AutoRCM only need soldering to test points, or does it also need to be attached to that one capacitor I see in the Trinket M0 installation? This will be my first soldering project, and I plan to practice heavily before doing this installation, but soldering to that one capacitor seems like a toughy!

(referring to the internal chip)
We are in the works of putting out all the solder points. The easier solder points are on the bottom of the motherboard. I would never solder to the cap you are referring to, it's way too risky for my liking.
We are also looking at a much easier auto rcm other than pin 10 joycon. More info coming in the next few days.

Last edited by evilsperm,

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Waiting for more info and news...

Right now the SwitchMe dongle plus SX OS license is my go to mod for the Switch but I still haven't decided just yet.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
@evilsperm any updates on the dongle?

I hope there isn't any issues.
he just got a photo from the factory for the internal board

so, i am excepting it will be another month for the external payloader.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Easier way buy one with a preadded heatsync pop the heat sync open
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some nerd at Amazon warehouse may tell the end of the colors off
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'd like a 990 pro tyvm <З
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gen 5s going to be crazy expensive at like 10k transfer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $300for 2tb
    don't have anything that can take PCIe5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's still m.2 form just the next gen
    ew crucial
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB