Team-Xecuter announces future-proof Switch exploit

Team-Xecuter revealed in a teaser a method to bypass all Switch security in a manner that they claim will never be patched by Nintendo and is compatible with every firmware available!

In the video, they show a custom boot image and have publicly posted the Stage2 Bootloader key (package 1.1) which has been confirmed to be legit as proof of their pwnage over the device.

This solution will work on ANY Nintendo Switch console regardless of the currently installed firmware, and will be completely future proof. This is *the* solution for opening up CFW (Custom FirmWare) on the Nintendo Switch. We want to move the community forward and provide a persistent, stable and fast method of running your own code and custom firmware patches on Nintendo's latest flagship product. And we think we've succeeded!

Below you can find a quick video showcasing a Nintendo Switch booting up, but there s something funny going on, can you spot it?

This is expected to be a DRM/paid "device", speculated to be a tx1 glitch style modchip that will enable CFW and full access to the system, which unfortunately(?) includes piracy.

A T-X forum admin expects release around Spring of 2018

:arrow:Source

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sir needs to get out of the Nintendo Community. Go to Playstation or X-Box. You are not needed here for your complaints. If you think that homebrew is just for piracy, thats incorrect. I'm also glad they went ahead and renewed Mario Kart 8 Deluxe instead of creating a new one. Its one of those games to actually push the sales for the Nintendo Switch when it was new and Mario Kart is a big hit for Nintendo.

I'm already on Xbox one.
The complaints are legit and I can back them up, as I have with the library differences. They arent meant to annoy "fan boys" or anything like that, but to make others that agree, speak up and request good games and lots of them to choose from, like we had as kids in the 90's n 00's

And they're charging for online soon right? So on switch I have to pay to race online In Mario kart?? No thank you

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sir needs to get out of the Nintendo Community. Go to Playstation or X-Box. You are not needed here for your complaints. If you think that homebrew is just for piracy, thats incorrect. I'm also glad they went ahead and renewed Mario Kart 8 Deluxe instead of creating a new one. Its one of those games to actually push the sales for the Nintendo Switch when it was new and Mario Kart is a big hit for Nintendo.

Most of the homebrew developers flocked to the phone scene as it's easier to develop for and there's money to be made. This current generation of console homebrew is mainly emulators with little to no original content being developed. Emulators themselves are used to play pirated software so they fall into the same boat as the game loaders/3DS scene rips. I doubt we'll see much of any original content on the Switch either. We'll probably just see a few (not many) ports of open source software (like the Vita has a little of), emulators and game loaders. I hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited by cots,
Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I think I'll keep buying games and wait for games being too expensive or less and less interresting before hacking my console, just to have all features with 100% original content and to encourage Nintendo

Reactions: Kioku

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to see TX again. Very much enjoyed their 360 efforts. Would be nice to have a permanent class of mods, even if it ultimately ends up being for older hardware revisions. Though that could get interesting when the heat deaths start happening.

Also I eagerly await the butchery to be done with soldering irons... still remember the wii stuff. If this is going to be finer pitch then even better.

This is the first time a Mario kart has been recycled, it should of been a brand new game and it was cheap of Nintendo do recycle it IMO.
Switch may never get my custom unless more grade A Nintendo quality games are made, and I'm not sure they're capable of making a truly awesome, complete library any more.
As time goes on we're getting much less nintendo quality games than we used to.
My evidence:
Look at the ds library & look at the 3ds library, BIG difference

The 3ds came after the rise of IOS and android. I have said several times when doing the game of the week series I would often check up on devs of games I was listing for a "where are they now" type bit and time and time again they were on android. When IOS rose up (and android then took over later) it completely gutted the DS homebrew scene -- loads of the top devs moved to IOS immediately, ported things right over, sometimes even downplayed their DS efforts (PuzzleManiak being among the more notable there).

On Mario Kart we could consider the retreading of levels (I know they called them classic cups and some would tell me it is a homage to older games but hey) and abysmal selection systems (why is my mario kart setup not as customisable as my smash brothers one?) but I would prefer to first look at the flop of the wii u and thus this could act as a first go for some, possibly similar to how some late stage Japanese games make it to the successor systems/successor handhelds.

This is not to say I don't have serious doubts about Nintendo (see elsewhere but I have long maintained now they would be better as a third party and their systems don't allow you to really experience gaming of a given period these days) but the selected quotes have issues.

cagycee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already on Xbox one.
The complaints are legit and I can back them up, as I have with the library differences. They arent meant to annoy "fan boys" or anything like that, but to make others that agree, speak up and request good games and lots of them to choose from, like we had as kids in the 90's n 00's

And they're charging for online soon right? So on switch I have to pay to race online In Mario kart?? No thank you
Its actually your "argument". People can either agree to disagree from whatever you post online sir. Give Nintendo a chance man. They have been successful right now and Nintendo isn't the only console doing "remasters" of old titles and its actually a good way to get those in this new generations and chance to play for the old generations LIKE we had in the 90s and 00s. PlayStation even did this with titles like Kingdom Hearts and Crash Bandicoot.

kenryuakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...If you guys pay attention to the video, at boot we will see the logo of "xecutor". If this is true, that means more or less they could run some custom code. As for Nintendo, they should be pretty proud of the Nintendo Switch being hacked because that means the console is a big success and has a lot of potentials, which could be unearthed and piques hackers' interests.

Wii is the console that gets hacked within half a year and this is the second one, if again it is true, gets hacked within a year, which is really amazing.

gotta pay respect to all the hackers hard at work. :lol:

Reactions: weatMod

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I predicted that the bootloader would be the first to be hacked. Or at least as a primary exploit.

This is actually good progress; sadly it supports piracy (Which I don't think will happen anyways; since Nintendo revamped the encryption and ticket system used in the firmware.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I predicted that the bootloader would be the first to be hacked. Or at least as a primary exploit.

This is actually good progress; sadly it supports piracy (Which I don't think will happen anyways; since Nintendo revamped the encryption and ticket system used in the firmware.)
But with bootloader being hacked for all FW, what stops hackers from reverse engineering the encryption keys for all titles now?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

That was the mindset. People also thought we wouldn't have access on higher firmwares. So, we'll see.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm already on Xbox one.

People were salty that Sony went to a paid online platform. What makes Nintendo the enemy in this light exactly?

Also, your point involving the library of games? Really? The DS to 3DS... The 3DS has some note worthy games. The Wii vs Wii U? Really? The Wii U was a lost cause. You're whining just to whine.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: cagycee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn