Hacking Team-Xecuter Announces SX OS v1.8 with improved Switch Firmware v6.0 compatibility

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job, Team-Xecuter. Now please bring an easy and safe method to update our firmware for us superbanned people.
If you're itching to play newer games on a superbanned console you can currently use ChoidujourNX to update.

Honestly the hardest part about using it was waiting for my games to dump and extracting the updates, which is thankfully pretty easy to begin with.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

cookies420_yum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If latest release games require the latest firmware to launch even in CFW does a homebrew solution exist to bypass this? is this a security reason or necessary to play.

does 1.0 firmware have any value use currently or should I update to latest, of course want to be able to play latest games....
read 1.0 requires some Japanese game that is 60$ to exploit softmod but what good is that is if stuck in the past lol.

considering it has most security vulnerabilities, but are you limited to games only compatible with XXX version?
not that I can exploit any of this at mercy of devs and waiting for public release if they do so.

Last edited by cookies420_yum,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
good qa: webapplets are still broken.

18.png

hmmm, i have a questiom, what is this exactly? can be run on other update?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
If latest release games require the latest firmware to launch even in CFW does a homebrew solution exist to bypass this? is this a security reason or necessary to play.

does 1.0 firmware have any value use currently or should I update to latest, of course want to be able to play latest games....
read 1.0 requires some Japanese game that is 60$ to exploit softmod but what good is that is if stuck in the past lol.

considering it has most security vulnerabilities, but are you limited to games only compatible with XXX version?
not that I can exploit any of this at mercy of devs and waiting for public release if they do so.
8bitwonder wrote a great reply to your question just before you posted.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm, i have a questiom, what is this exactly? can be run on other update?
The launcher that TX "borrowed" doesn't make webapplets work however a fix was already implemented and yet TX decided to jump the gun and release V1.7. For the poor souls (except people who knew what they were doing such as Ave) who updated and used an exFAT formatted SD card, SX OS V1.7 didn't work with 6.0. Now they released V1.8 and the initial problem is still there. Expect a V1.8.1, 1.9, or even 2.0 very soon.

Reactions: tinbs and ItsKipz

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're itching to play newer games on a superbanned console you can currently use ChoidujourNX to update.

Honestly the hardest part about using it was waiting for my games to dump and extracting the updates, which is thankfully pretty easy to begin with.
...or just grab the updates from CDN

-snip-

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed deleted post quote

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1036476221666689025The launcher that TX "borrowed" doesn't make webapplets work however a fix was already implemented and yet TX decided to jump the gun and release V1.7. For the poor souls (except people who knew what they were doing such as Ave) who updated and used an exFAT formatted SD card, SX OS V1.7 didn't work with 6.0. Now they released V1.8 and the initial problem is still there. Expect a V1.8.1, 1.9, or even 2.0 very soon.
i meant what exactly is webapps?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This honestly such a comedy of errors.

I am convinced now, that they're supposed solution to unackable Switches is derrek's brownout glitching. Because they're clearly unable to actually develop anything and that solution has been public for months.

Last edited by V-Temp,
Reactions: ByteBite

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

The belief that XCIs are safer is what drives this and, frankly, its nonsensical given our data. You can look through @Draxzelex 's thread and see that SX OS has led to as many bans now as just about everything else.

Ya some people think that injecting certs has kept them safe, but some people are also inexplicably not banned despite having forge-filled ticketblobs which are absolutely routinely sent to Nintendo. Reality is it's really just a placebo effect applified by the vocal few unbanned rather than the army of banned people who can't really contribute after getting banned.

It's a self-biasing population sample. The simpler solution is that Nintendo's metrics for banning are randomized and designed to cause this sort of confusion.

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed deleted post quote

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Any info on which day will firmware 6 will be realeased and wich it will be the furst gane to required that firmware ?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The belief that XCIs are safer is what drives this and, frankly, its nonsensical given our data. You can look through @Draxzelex 's thread and see that SX OS has led to as many bans now as just about everything else.

Ya some people think that injecting certs has kept them safe, but some people are also inexplicably not banned despite having forge-filled ticketblobs which are absolutely routinely sent to Nintendo. Reality is it's really just a placebo effect applified by the vocal few unbanned rather than the army of banned people who can't really contribute after getting banned.

It's a self-biasing population sample. The simpler solution is that Nintendo's metrics for banning are randomized and designed to cause this sort of confusion.
Most bans are online usage related with pirated games regardless if its XCI or NSP. XCI's do not alter our nands like NSP games is what grants us this belief for them to be safer if used properly "Offline"

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what's more important than adapting SX OS to 6.x fw is to create a solution for lower Fw in order to allow them to play future games requiring a higher fw (not just in terms of removing restrictions but to access new features too) . As I bet no one with SX installed will dare to update to 6.0 as they are affraid of ban. On another note, TX keep working on updating their software which is a good thing, they kept their promise and until there's another XCI alternative SXOS is the best due to the NSP risk of ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work