Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Attempted to Bribe RetroNX Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@lolboy
Open source solutions catched up quite a while ago. There is nothing left they can't do except XCI loading and buggy "emuNAND".

Catched :D

Think Huntereb is just gutted that this shit didnt make front page news. The whole arguement is pure litter! its been an entertaining afternoon watching people squabble over what they think bribery is.

Reactions: NeoSlyde

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did TX forced you to use their product? If there is any better product then why bother using TX right?
Well actually by attempting to bribe a dev, they were attempting to force the community to use their product. They wanted to pay a dev to exclusively work for them and thus require users to shift over to their product to continue future updates for retroarch.
As for the argument of what is better, personally I believe open/free software is better than software behind a closed/pay wall. This is on top of the fact that the close software is made up of that very same free/open source software. There's no reason to pay for something that is just a repackage of already free software.

Last edited by The Catboy,

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Except the homebrew community has plenty of piracy solutions, such as signature patches with ReiNX. I don't really see what your point is, if there were no sigpatches maybe you'd have an argument but you really don't.

That came after TX.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well actually by attempting to bribe a dev, they were attempting to force the community to use their product. They wanted to pay a dev to exclusively work for them and thus require users to shift over to their product to continue future updates for retroarch.
As for the argument of what is better, personally I believe open/free software is objectively better than software behind a closed/pay wall. This is on top of the fact that the close software is made up of that very same free/open source software. There's no reason to pay for something that is just a repackage of already free software.

Is that the same as instead of stretching up and picking an apple from a tree for free I can go to a shop and pay for those same apples that someone has picked already?

Convenience?

Last edited by andyhappypants,

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As for the argument of what is better, personally I believe open/free software is objectively better than software behind a closed/pay wall. This is on top of the fact that the close software is made up of that very same free/open source software. There's no reason to pay for something that is just a repackage of already free software.

Bribe? Did Sony bribe Santa Monica Studio for God of war for PS4 only? Please.

Last edited by lolboy,
Reactions: andyhappypants

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bribe? Did Sony bribe Santa Monica Studio for God of way for PS4 only? Please.
And we're back at this again.

Bribe = unfairly giving someone an advantage (usually the briber) in exchange for money.

What they did was objectively a bribe. They offered m4xw money in exchange for making retroarch TX exclusive, which would be unfair since retroarch has no reason to be TX exclusive outside of taking money from TX and it's not legally allowed since several emulators are under non-commercial licenses and TX offers a commercial product.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bribe? Did Sony bribe Santa Monica Studio for God of way for PS4 only? Please.
Is that the same as instead of stretching up and picking an apple from a tree for free I can go to a shop and pay for those same apples that someone has picked already?

Convience? Ease of use?
You are comparing two completely different ideas here.
First, selling a product that I made and or harvested is not the same as bribing someone.
Second, paying or commissioning a game to be exclusive to a system from a person/team who exclusively own the copyright, idea, and everything involved with that product isn't the same as bribing someone.
Neither example of what you two gave are examples of bribery.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And we're back at this again.

Bribe = unfairly giving someone an advantage (usually the briber) in exchange for money.

What they did was objectively a bribe. They offered m4xw money in exchange for making retroarch TX exclusive, which would be unfair since retroarch has no reason to be TX exclusive outside of taking money from TX and it's not legally allowed since several emulators are under non-commercial licenses and TX offers a commercial product.

Who is getting an unfair advantage? Your not making any sense.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You are comparing two completely different ideas here.
First, selling a product that I made and or harvested is not the same as bribing someone.
Second, paying or commissioning a game to be exclusive to a system from a person/team who exclusively own the copyright, idea, and everything involved with that product isn't the same as bribing someone.
Neither example of what you two gave are examples of bribery.

It seems like more of a cash incentive than a bribe :D

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's not legally allowed since several emulators are under non-commercial licenses and TX offers a commercial product.

Legal? Lets ask Nintendo about what they think of CFW and Emulators running on their console shall we? Many of us don't care for licenses.

Last edited by lolboy,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
@lolboy
All open source CFWs are in form of payloads. It makes no difference. The boot.dat even slows down boot time because of the massive amounts of obfuscation and encryption.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Xecuter would gain an unfair advantage by forcibly making a product exclusive to them.
Did they want to make it exclusive? Ive seen conflicting things about this part. I see that they wanted to source code to put it in their SX menu, but not too much about being exclusive now.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did they want to make it exclusive? Ive seen conflicting things about this part. I see that they wanted to source code to put it in their SX menu, but not too much about being exclusive now.
That part by itself is illegal already, you want more?

Reactions: The Catboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Reminds me of a similar game called "Neko Atsume", similar to Nintendogs but you look after cats.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, wasnt there an official nintendogs game with cats for the 3ds?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ill have no wifi for a bit so see ya later
    +2
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Gross. lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Ok seeya.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man goes to the doctor because his boner wont go down. As he is laying in the hospital bed, with his thing propped up in the air, a fly is flying around and landing on the tip and bothering him, so he calls in the nurse. The nurse comes in, swats at the fly but can't quite reach it, so she climbs his boner to get better aim. After a few tries of swatting and sliding back down, she says sorry I cant get it. He says keep going, a few more tries, and I can shoot the fly down.
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Can I get his ☎️ # :shy::blush:
    +2
    oowpf What a work out it would be to help the guy get back down to normal :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't know why pizza hut has fries now
    You're joking right?
    But also by the same token, I wouldn't mind if they had potato wedges instead :)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Taco bell, and Mcdonalds both sold pizza, so its fair
    I knew of Taco Bell doing so, but Mickey Dees?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    yea years ago, small personal pizzas
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    McDonald's pizza was pretty good 🥰
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pepsi owns Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, so that made since Pizza hut pizza was sold in Taco bells.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pepsi, and it's companies, did not pull out of Russia like most did, even tho they orig said they would, so I boycott them. (Except when drunk at 2am and Taco bell is only place open.)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking 4 wings and a small pan is $9
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Plus delivery, tip, and tax...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I go and get it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I wish there was a Sonic near me. I see the commercials all the time on TV, and the milkshakes sounds so good, esp the Oreo Cheesecake milkshake.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I wish there was a Sonic near me. I see the commercials all the time on TV, and the milkshakes...