Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Attempted to Bribe RetroNX Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You know thats not theirs or even my choice.
Every author ever contributed to the project would need to give their permission.
Also they wouldn't accept that (and some cant even be found anymore)
I here you I cannot see it hurting in anyway.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, A scene of hackers, pirates and thieves.

No court on the planet would take any info from "us" as credible. Its all he said/she said bullshit and drama. Who fucking cares if TX wanted Retroarch? Sounds like they will take it anyway and rebrand it or whatever. There is no right or wrong and ethics go out of the window.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I am way too lazy to make that shit up haha

Well... I guess I should know better after lurking in your discord. :v You're too blunt and upfront about a lot of things. Which is not a bad thing, don't get me wrong.

Reactions: The Catboy and m4xw

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why TX shills are defending TX so hard and claiming that they didn't do it.

Like, is it that much of a surprise that a company which profits off of illegal activity such as piracy* would have dubious morals? It's not a stretch in the slightest and yet the TX shills act like it's the most unreasonable thing in the world.

*whether or not you agree with it, piracy is illegal in most of TX's target audience

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's entirely hearsay as you can say anybody said anything on the internet. Not to mention the Anti-TX stance a small group of members here seem to have. All we're asking for is definitive proof. M4xw is a very credible person, so a screenshot of the conversation would go miles and honestly shut us all up. The lovely "quote" we got isn't enough as it isn't defining a source. Just text.
I will agree with the notion that a screenshot would be nice. Personally I trust M4xw and libretro because honestly the SX team doing this is completely within character considering their history, but a screenshot would be a lot harder to argue with (even if some will anyways)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why TX shills are defending TX so hard and claiming that they didn't do it.

Like, is it that much of a surprise that a company which profits off of illegal activity such as piracy* would have dubious morals? It's not a stretch in the slightest and yet the TX shills act like it's the most unreasonable thing in the world.

*whether or not you agree with it, piracy is illegal in most of TX's target audience
Oh look, another person misunderstanding the entire context of the situation.

"Proof please"

"ehrmahgerd TX shills!" ........ I thought you of all people would have more integrity.

Reactions: DarthDub

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Oh look, another person misunderstanding the entire context of the situation.

"Proof please"

"ehrmahgerd TX shills!" ........ I thought you of all people would have more integrity.
I'm really not sure how I'm misunderstanding the situation? If you could elaborate more that would be great

Reactions: Ev1l0rd

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's entirely hearsay as you can say anybody said anything on the internet. Not to mention the Anti-TX stance a small group of members here seem to have. All we're asking for is definitive proof. M4xw is a very credible person, so a screenshot of the conversation would go miles and honestly shut us all up. The lovely "quote" we got isn't enough as it isn't defining a source. Just text.
even better show where actual money was offered and show his replies...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And the majority here questioning TX's "morals" have pirated software on their computers. So what part of that makes sense to you?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
even better show where actual money was offered and show his replies...

I just find it funny this "new" TX is coming under fire for their shady tactics. It wouldn't at all be surprising, honestly. Oh well.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
And the majority here questioning TX's "morals" have pirated software on their computers. So what part of that makes sense to you?
I mean, I can obviously only speak for myself, but I don't pirate things. In addition, that's a false equivalency - profiting off the act of piracy is, in my opinion, far more morally objectionable than pirating yourself.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just find it funny this "new" TX is coming under fire for their shady tactics. It wouldn't at all be surprising, honestly. Oh well.
I agree. But it also seems that by not putting out the whole conversation is that he's got something to hide. so basically
"let him who is without sin cast the first stone"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean, I can obviously only speak for myself, but I don't pirate things. In addition, that's a false equivalency - profiting off the act of piracy is, in my opinion, far more morally objectionable than pirating yourself.
That's a convenient rationalization for a pirate. lol

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I think this thread has been blown well out of proportion I’ve been told it has nothing to do with retronx exclusivity on sx operating system it’s to do with TX asking for a retronx help forum page on their website :wacko:

Last edited by Reecey,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Did you miss the entire first half of my post? I don't pirate software. Anyone who knows me can verify that.

And it's not a rationalization, I could debate you on ethics but that's not why I'm here, I'm here to make snarky comments and laugh at TX.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think this thread has been blown well out of proportion I’ve been told it has nothing to do with retronx exclusivity on sx operating system it’s to do with TX asking for a forum page on their website :wacko:
Haha. No.
Why do they need to rebrand it "RetroSX" if its just a forum post?

Reactions: Kioku

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Personally I am shocked that people would find this out of character of them and something hard to believe. This is the same team that has been caught countless times over doing shady things (like having an obvious shill on our boards,) and also caught just straight up stealing code (evidence has been posted of errors related to the stolen code.) Like their history only points to them doing shitty things like this.

I think this thread has been blown well out of proportion I’ve been told it has nothing to do with retronx exclusivity on sx operating system it’s to do with TX asking for a forum page on their website :wacko:
And who told you this information?

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Baseless accusation.

I think this thread has been blown well out of proportion I’ve been told it has nothing to do with retronx exclusivity on sx operating system it’s to do with TX asking for a retronx help forum page on their website :wacko:
Can you maybe expand a bit on what the current status of your retroARCH port is?
I understand you are ambitious to write a custom UI for reotroARCH from scratch,
but from a time-efficiency point of view this would set us back quite some months.
This also goes for porting Qt etc. to switch. They would be nice *future* goals
but for now we are mostly interested in getting an emulator frontend integrated ASAP.

You can either provide us with source code or an NRO and we will take care of the
actual integration into TX menu. Right now it seems easiest to me if we have some
button or menu inside our TX menu that will bring up the retroARCH frontend, and a
way to go back to TX menu from the retroARCH frontend.

The user interface, user experience and rom folder structure should be consistent.
Everything needs to be branded with Team Xecuter of course, please let us know
what graphics assets you need. (type of asset, limitations, dimensions, mockup UI screenshots)
I'm literally citing m4xw from earlier in the thread here, who cited his communications with TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?