Status
Not open for further replies.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Baseless accusation.

I'm literally citing m4xw from earlier in the thread here, who cited his communications with TX.
what they said is basically give is the code and we'll integrate it into sx-os and in the "future" you can port it over to switch ...so it was never going to exclude retroarch from being used on other cfw.. not such a big deal.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
what they said is basically give is the code and we'll integrate it into sx-os and in the "future" you can port it over to switch ...so it was never going to exclude retroarch from being used on other cfw.. not such a big deal.
Um... the only case in which "future" is used is that porting Qt and other things would be nice features for SX OS. There's nothing for "you can port it over in the future" in there.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
This is what I could not understand so what was the big issue?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is what I could not understand so what was the big issue?
They literally tried to bribe a dev into doing something illegal, that's kind of a big deal and should make people concerned as to what they are willing to do. They've already shown that they are willing to steal code, use shills, and now even bribery is on the table, this should be a concern for the community. Sure, you may not be concerned by this, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't be concerned.

Last edited by The Catboy,
D

Deleted User

Would you people still defend TX if your lives depended on it even if they put brick code on their software? Wait.

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Desppite all whining TX still has best product out there.

Haters: You steal code and emunand support is not good bla bla bla.
TX: I am sorry, is my product not as good as your product? You probably got way better product...NOT!

Reactions: andyhappypants

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They literally tried to bribe a dev into doing something illegal, that's kind of a big deal and should make people concerned as to what they are willing to do. They've already shown that they are willing to steal code, use shills, and now even bribery is on the table, this should be a concern for the community. Sure, you may not be concerned by this, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't be concerned.
My view on it.
They made an offer to a developer trying to persuade him to work for them and cut ties with the homebrew community.
In doing so, they were trying to apply the oldest Sun Tzu divide and conquer strategy.

I.e. (and this is the worrying part), they were doing what they could to undermine and weaken the homebrew community, impair sharing of knowledge and thus make it impossible for other projects to grow and benefit from it. Out of greed they were trying to become a monopoly and halt progress.

Yeah, that is very bad and a reason to distrust TX... But I still don't see the word "bribe" matching that.

Reactions: Kioku

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States

TX: I am sorry, is my product not as good as your product? You probably got way better product...NOT!
People aren't hating on the quality of the product (though there are some serious questions about it, between their emunand implementation and their homebrew compatibility), but instead on the morals of the company.

Monsanto makes damn good herbicides, but they're also responsible for killing bees and putting the environment in danger because of that. Deet is highly effective at stopping mosquitos which eat crops but also puts birds and other wildlife in danger. Just because the quality of a product is good doesn't mean you should overlook the morally questionable things done by businesses.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

After all the whining still the USSR made and detonated the most powerful hydrogen bomb in history....

And I don't see the good part about that.

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
People aren't hating on the quality of the product (though there are some serious questions about it, between their emunand implementation and their homebrew compatibility), but instead on the morals of the company.

Monsanto makes damn good herbicides, but they're also responsible for killing bees and putting the environment in danger because of that. Deet is highly effective at stopping mosquitos which eat crops but also puts birds and other wildlife in danger. Just because the quality of a product is good doesn't mean you should overlook the morally questionable things done by businesses.

What? This is not the right comparison.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After all the whining still the USSR made and detonated the most powerful hydrogen bomb in history....

And I don't see the good part about that.

Also not the right comparison.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My view on it.
They made an offer to a developer trying to persuade him to work for them and cut ties with the homebrew community.
In doing so, they were trying to apply the oldest Sun Tzu divide and conquer strategy.

I.e. (and this is the worrying part), they were doing what they could to undermine and weaken the homebrew community, impair sharing of knowledge and thus make it impossible for other projects to grow and benefit from it. Out of greed they were trying to become a monopoly and halt progress.

Yeah, that is very bad and a reason to distrust TX... But I still don't see the word "bribe" matching that.
The thing is, that's a bribe. You literally defined what a bribe is and that is what they did. They tried to pay him to cut ties with the open source scene, but also keep using the same GPL code. That action is literally trying to pay him to do something illegal and that's a bribe. You are trying to split hairs when the action already has such a clear cut definition.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Huntereb

OP
Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
From what I recall, 2.0 is a buggy unusable mess with a fake, brick-causing "emunand" solution. Meanwhile, on any other alternative piece of software, 6.0 is working flawlessly without a single hiccup. Playing all the backups and homebrew you can stomach.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
What? This is not the right comparison.
It's definitely a more extreme example, but it's more designed to draw a point. TX's product is "good" but their morals are highly questionable and their actions damaging towards the homebrew community, hence the complaints of the "haters." Having a "good" product does not make you free of criticism.

Last edited by astronautlevel,

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
From what I recall, 2.0 is a buggy unusable mess with a fake, brick-causing "emunand" solution. Meanwhile, on any other alternative piece of software, 6.0 is working flawlessly without a single hiccup. Playing all the backups and homebrew you can stomach.

Did TX forced you to use their product? If there is any better product then why bother using TX right?

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's definitely a more extreme example, but it's more designed to draw a point. TX's product is "good" but their morals are highly questionable and their actions damaging towards the homebrew community.

Homebrew community is mostly "anti piracy". Many of us want piracy and not some 20 years old port of unfinished zelda game.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dude, i wonder HOW TX fanboi got triggered when i said they steal codes from other HB devs.... lol those trashed just make another shameless attempt to screw this community in the name of BOTTOMLESS GREEDY!!

Fuck Team xecuter, Fuck Tx dongles.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew community is mostly "anti piracy". Many of us want piracy and not some 20 years old port of unfinished zelda game.
Except the homebrew community has plenty of piracy solutions, such as signature patches with ReiNX. I don't really see what your point is, if there were no sigpatches maybe you'd have an argument but you really don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjocrCuXN-w