• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Texas Democrats who fled elections bill vote get COVID Fully vaxxed.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'AP reports Democrats fleeing Texas to avoid voting on election integrity contracted Covid. Luckily they were fully Vaccinated, therefore the symptoms were negligable.'

Fixed it for ya.

Making things up and lying is why people justifiably do not trust the current recommendations.

"All three were fully vaccinated against the disease, according to Martin, who declined to release their names or conditions."

Reactions: Immortallix

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ah frig, I get it now. I'm wasting my time talking to a child who's been brainwashed by their dingus uneducatted American parents.

I won't hold it against you that you made a mistake with the word "us", when you clearly made a typo for the word "is". But here's a point to keep in mind for the future: When you try to shame someone for making a typo, don't make a gramatical mistake when using the word "Your" vs "You're". Seriously, that's one of the most basic and simple mistakes that are CONSTANTLY being made fun of on the net for making, and yet... here you are.

Also, to say that their symptoms were negligible wouldn't be a lie. It would be an assumption based on mountains of evidence. There's a reason why 99.7% of all covid deaths are from unvacinated people.

Reactions: zxr750j

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is this news? Breakthrough infections are still possible among people who are vaccinated, particularly if they interact with a lot of unvaccinated people. The good news is they are unlikely to suffer serious illness because they are vaccinated, and their viral loads are likely to be lower (thus making them less likely to spread disease) because they are vaccinated.

We are also only talking about three people.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is this news? Breakthrough infections are still possible among people who are vaccinated, particularly if they interact with a lot of unvaccinated people. The good news is they are unlikely to suffer serious illness because they are vaccinated, and their viral loads are likely to be lower (thus making them less likely to spread disease) because they are vaccinated.

We are also only talking about three people.

That was engaging in unnecessary interstate travel, unmasked, meeting with the VP and leadership while infected with Covid because they needed to throw a public tantrum over voter ID.

Reactions: Immortallix

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was engaging in unnecessary interstate travel, unmasked, meeting with the VP and leadership while infected with Covid because they needed to throw a public tantrum over voter ID.
They didn't violate any laws, regulations, nor guidance, as far as I'm aware. Despite the guidance from the CDC that vaccinated people can generally go maskless, breakthrough infections do occur, albeit rarely. This isn't news.

There's also a very good argument that their travel wasn't "unnecessary."

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"There condition is unknown."

Dude! You corrected "us" to "is", but you left "There" instead of "Their"? You also left "Your" and didn't change it to "You're"!? I gave that one to you on a silver platter. Why even bother making the single change?!

You need to go back to elementary before you can try to talk politics. Crawl before you run, child.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you made a mistake with the word "us", when you clearly made a typo for the word "is". But here's a point to keep in mind for the future: When you try to shame someone for making a typo, don't make a gramatical mistake when using the word "Your" vs "You're". Seriously, that's one of the most basic and simple mistakes that are CONSTANTLY being made fun of on the net for making, and yet... here you are.

Also, to say that their symptoms were negligible wouldn't be a lie. It would be an assumption based on mountains of evidence. There's a reason why 99.7% of all covid deaths are from unvacinated people.
"There condition is unknown."

Dude! You corrected "us" to "is", but you left "There" instead of "Their"? You also left "Your" and didn't change it to "You're"!? I gave that one to you on a silver platter. Why even bother making the single change?!

You need to go back to elementary before you can try to talk politics. Crawl before you run, child.

Still a liar willfully spreading disinformation you pull out of your ass, just like most people claiming to be a vax expert.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just because it's fun to prove my assumtion right, here's a quote from one of the three people infected, Celia Israel.

“Thankfully I am doing well and hope to get over the infection with mild symptoms. I am currently quarantining until I test negative. I urge anyone not vaccinated to do so as soon as possible to help stop the spread.”

One proven, two to go.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didn't violate any laws, regulations, nor guidance, as far as I'm aware. Despite the guidance from the CDC that vaccinated people can generally go maskless, breakthrough infections do occur, albeit rarely. This isn't news.

There's also a very good argument that their travel wasn't "unnecessary."

Isn't there still a federal mask mandate during air travel, vaccinated or not? Not that I care, nor do I think it had anything to do with any of them testing positive. But just 'fact checking' your suggestion that they 'didn't violate any laws, regulations, nor guidance ...' They definitely did, then tried to waffle-language their way around it by saying it was a charter flight (irrelevant), that they all knew each other (irrelevant), and that they were all vaccinated (irrelevant). I think all of those are reasonable explanations for why they shouldn't have needed to wear masks on a bus or on an airplane, but the federal mask mandate for transportation is still in effect and doesn't have any such exceptions.

iJWqycB.jpg

Reactions: jimbo13

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there still a federal mask mandate during air travel, vaccinated or not? Not that I care, nor do I think it had anything to do with any of them testing positive. But just 'fact checking' your suggestion that they 'didn't violate any laws, regulations, nor guidance ...' They definitely did, then tried to waffle-language their way around it by saying it was a charter flight (irrelevant), that they all knew each other (irrelevant), and that they were all vaccinated (irrelevant). I think all of those are reasonable explanations for why they shouldn't have needed to wear masks on a bus or on an airplane, but the federal mask mandate for transportation is still in effect and doesn't have any such exceptions.

iJWqycB.jpg

But photo-ops and grandstanding during political stunts while you violate the will of the voters is super super serial business.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

iJWqycB.jpg
Those of us responsible adults who got fully vaccinated aren't going to keep waiting for the anti-vax dipshits to get with the program. We'd literally be waiting until the end of time. The possibility of catching COVID after being fully vaccinated is very slim, and the possibility of exhibiting severe symptoms is even slimmer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1