Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's definitely not for you or even for me. More for getting the higher level devs in the right direction.

He laid the foundation and now others must put up the walls and roof before the public can move in and furnish the place.

I dunno, I mean, yes, I know there are tools for developers to use for homebrew apps and all that, I just hope the scene doesn't die off in an ignominious fashion.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, I mean, yes, I know there are tools for developers to use for homebrew apps and all that, I just hope the scene doesn't die off in an ignominious fashion.
Nice word usage. I don't think it's quite dead yet; probably a few surprises to come before NX. And my VC Creator tool if life didn't keep pulling me away from it.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing work here, big thanks to everyone who did all the hard work to get this scene kickstarted. I am currently selfhosting the 5.5.x exploit from my server and my Wii U is running homebrew perfectly.

I am just waiting for some emulators to hit the net, a decent SNES & MD/Genesis would be amazing.

Quick noobish question if you guys don't mind. Is USB loading going to need an IOSU exploit or is it possible with just a Kernel Exploit? Do you guys ever think we will get to a place where you can have a USB HDD with the games on them and be able to boot from them? (I'm not requesting this feature BTW, just asking if its theoretically possible?)

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing work here, big thanks to everyone who did all the hard work to get this scene kickstarted. I am currently selfhosting the 5.5.x exploit from my server and my Wii U is running homebrew perfectly.

I am just waiting for some emulators to hit the net, a decent SNES & MD/Genesis would be amazing.

Quick noobish question if you guys don't mind. Is USB loading going to need an IOSU exploit or is it possible with just a Kernel Exploit? Do you guys ever think we will get to a place where you can have a USB HDD with the games on them and be able to boot from them? (I'm not requesting this feature BTW, just asking if its theoretically possible?)
I'm as much of a noob as the majority, but based on what I know, yes it is possible. Don't ask when though, you'll get dragged off a cliff here.

It'll probably come along with IOSU among several other features; probably online play and save dump/inject built in.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, an IOSU exploit is required, and yes, I think that will happen eventually.

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: 7Robins

Effi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi again,

I'm so sorry if this one's a stupid question, but I have to ask:

1) What's Kernel Exploit for 5.5.X?

2) what's the difference between this and ordinary Loadiine use?

3)does it have access for online game?

Thanks in advance

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again,

I'm so sorry if this one's a stupid question, but I have to ask:

1) What's Kernel Exploit for 5.5.X?

2) what's the difference between this and ordinary Loadiine use?

3)does it have access for online game?

Thanks in advance
Did you even read the op? That's what this guide is for.

Effi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I read it, I'm just trying to figure out if it got anything to do with the iosu or it's just the loadiine. I got a bit confused.

I already followed the instructions and have loadiine, just tried to put some light and understand a bit more.

Thanks anyway

Last edited by Effi,

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read it, I'm just trying to figure out if it got anything to do with the iosu or it's just the loadiine. I got a bit confused.

I already followed the instructions and have loadiine, just tried to put some light and understand a bit more.
IOSU hasn't been released yet. All we have for 5.5.X is the kexploit.

As of yet, we can only run Homebrew Launcher, and a handful of homebrew, the most popular of which is GX2. We can also dump games from discs and saves, inject those saves, and do the same with DLC. We can also spoof firmwares, and use cheats.

The kexploit doesn't modify the WiiU in any way, so there's no risk of bricking; this also gives us lots of limitation so we are really waiting on IOSU. Don't ask when it'll be out, it'll be ready when its ready.

There's several things being worked on, and every day new things are being announced. Right now everything is silent.

Last edited by 7Robins,

batmanscape87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! Just loaded this up yesterday and place Hyrule Warriors in my SD card. When i run the game it says "loading file ._jrojectz.rpx" and just hangs there.

Effi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
IOSU hasn't been released yet. All we have for 5.5.X is the kexploit.

As of yet, we can only run Homebrew Launcher, and a handful of homebrew, the most popular of which is GX2. We can also dump games from discs and saves, inject those saves, and do the same with DLC. We can also spoof firmwares, and use cheats.

The kexploit doesn't modify the WiiU in any way, so there's no risk of bricking; this also gives us lots of limitation so we are really waiting on IOSU. Don't ask when it'll be out, it'll be ready when its ready.

There's several things being worked on, and every day new things are being announced. Right now everything is silent.
Thank you so much for your help, I get it now :)

Reactions: 7Robins

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! Just loaded this up yesterday and place Hyrule Warriors in my SD card. When i run the game it says "loading file ._jrojectz.rpx" and just hangs there.
You must be using a Mac? It creates all of those "._" files that cause problems. Check out BlueHarvest Lite. Each new removeable drive requires you to go in and select it (in the Lite version), but will clean it up upon ejecting every time after that.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

batmanscape87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must be using a Mac? It creates all of those "._" files that cause problems. Check out BlueHarvest Lite. Each new removeable drive requires you to go in and select it (in the Lite version), but will clean it up every time after that.
Yeah that's exactly what I'm using.. Thanks for the heads up! I'll give it a shot tonight.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mike_2

Trophies
XP
Country
This may seem like a really stupid question but I have a 64GB SD card, can I use this to install the HaxServer Kexploit and then for Loadiine or do I need a smaller size (2GB) for the Kexploit and a separate one for everything else?

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
This may seem like a really stupid question but I have a 64GB SD card, can I use this to install the HaxServer Kexploit and then for Loadiine or do I need a smaller size (2GB) for the Kexploit and a separate one for everything else?

Everything on the 64gb :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1