Hacking The Definitive vWii Hacking Guide!

Sagento

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already have the homebrew channel setup in vwii and wiiu, and haxchi on wii u with a hdd for wii u games. How can i use the same drive for USB Loader GX, I imagine setting gx with that hdd will wipe it? is there another method if i have only one hdd, maybe load from the sd?

Don't quote me on this but I believe at this point it's simply impossible to share the same HDD for both Wii U content and anything else other than Wii U games.

EDIT: Yes, I believe you can use an SD card of decent size to run every other content other than Wii U games.

Last edited by Sagento,
Reactions: XC-3730C

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What file format are WiiU games? Can they be stored on SD like the Loadiine form at games? can I still use .wbfs games in vWii?

Sagento

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What file format are WiiU games? Can they be stored on SD like the Loadiine form at games? can I still use .wbfs games in vWii?

@XC-3730C Yes, if you use Wii U Helper it does the rest for ya. Whether you decide to install to the NAND(wii u helper method) or run using loadiine(SD card method-FAT32 format under a folder named WBFS using "game name [game id]" format) it's up to your personal preference. I personally self-host the exploit for Mocha CFW/HBC using Wampserver64 and although it freezes more often than not, it's not the method you use that causes the freeze, it's the exploit itself that sometimes just doesn't run as intended so you have to try a few times. Sometimes I hit the mocha on my first try whereas other times it has taken me over 10 times to make it run! I'm not sure what is the trick here but overall it works fine without the need to connect to the exploit websites.

EDIT: The latest CIOSes let you run all Wii games in .wbfs using a FAT32 HDD or SD card.

Last edited by Sagento,

Sagento

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So CIOSes with an sd should sort it?

For your specific scenario yes. Again, the only limitation is the size of the SD card as it will fill up rather quickly vs HDD which are inexpensive and you can fit EVERY game you can legally purchase and make a copy of :rolleyes: :yaywii::yayu:

I personally prefer the Wii U games on a HDD, then a second HDD formatted in FAT32 for vWii/GCN/Homebrew using Ustealth (free). You decide what's the best option for you.

On a contrary, if you are like me which already have 2x HDDs and want to use a 3rd USB device for music games(Rockband. etc..), you have to do the SD card method as USB loaders will crash if you try to load a game while the wireless dongle is connected to the Wii. The only way to go around it is by loading these specific games from and SD card, and then connect the wireless dongle for the musical instruments afterwards.

spotfek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I decided to move away from from Wii and use vWii for usbloader_gx, I went through the guide to the letter, going with d2xv10-beta52-vWii for the cIOS's. I simply unplugged my perfectly working USB drive from the Wii that is only USB powered, this is working fine in Wii, but plugged into WiiU top USB port it refuses to be picked up by usbloader_gx, could this be lack of power from the WiiU USB port? the drive works fine on the Wii without a Y cable.

Also the guide mentions using Bootice to create 4 partitions, why is this? my existing drive from Wii wasnt setup in this way. Should my drive from working Wii be fine to work from vWii as is? Also I had USB LAN adaptor + USB drive for WiiU plugged into rear USB ports, I understand beta52 cIOS means only top port can be used for vWii, so I guess I'll need to move the LAN Adaptor to one of the front USB ports?

Reactions: XC-3730C

Sagento

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I decided to move away from from Wii and use vWii for usbloader_gx, I went through the guide to the letter, going with d2xv10-beta52-vWii for the cIOS's. I simply unplugged my perfectly working USB drive from the Wii that is only USB powered, this is working fine in Wii, but plugged into WiiU top USB port it refuses to be picked up by usbloader_gx, could this be lack of power from the WiiU USB port? the drive works fine on the Wii without a Y cable.

Also the guide mentions using Bootice to create 4 partitions, why is this? my existing drive from Wii wasnt setup in this way. Should my drive from working Wii be fine to work from vWii as is? Also I had USB LAN adaptor + USB drive for WiiU plugged into rear USB ports, I understand beta52 cIOS means only top port can be used for vWii, so I guess I'll need to move the LAN Adaptor to one of the front USB ports?

@spotfek I went through the same issue ;luckily for me my USB HDD makes a chirping sound when it needs more power to spin so yeah, you WILL need a Y-cable adapter to use that A/C powered USB HDD on the WiiU. For some odd reason the WiiU does not push enough power via their USB ports. Same as you my a/c powered USB HDD works fine with only one single connection on the Wii, but will chirp on the Wii U.

darren870

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this guide!

Have a question though! I am having issues with Mario Kart Wii via USB Loader on vWii. Seems its freezes whenever it feels like it. Any thoughts on what may be causing this? It worked fine on a regular wii.

Cheers!
Darren

Sagento

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this guide!

Have a question though! I am having issues with Mario Kart Wii via USB Loader on vWii. Seems its freezes whenever it feels like it. Any thoughts on what may be causing this? It worked fine on a regular wii.

Cheers!
Darren

My guess is a bad dump. I haven't had any issues with any games other than rockband. It could also be bad physical sector block on your hdd.

darren870

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seem to be having the same problem with Donkey Kong. I plugged my hard drive into my modded wii and don't have any problems with these two games. Only on vWii. I haven't tested every single game out. Seems mostly Nintendo first party though. Any thoughts? Maybe something with cIOS? I used the guide in the OP.

These are disc rips also.

Shadow Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a large sd card that I have both my gamcube and wii games on, but I just learned USB Loader GX can't load wii games from an sd. Does that mean I have to use Configurable USB Loader? If so how do I set it up for vWii?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi
how to download USB_loader_GX.wad for wii & vWii that not be forwarder and not be run from SD memory

i want install usb_loader_GX as channel on Wii and dont need to SD memory

thanks
why ?

If you don't want SD, just use USB instead.
You NEED an USB to load games from USB, so if you don't even want USB then there's no use of that loader. if yuo use it, you at least have an USB.
just format the device to FAT32 and use it to store the boot.dol in the usual place : usb_partition_1_as_FAT32:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

There's no "full channel version" of the loader, for multiple reasons, mainly due to WiiU release !
- the wad are not compatible between Wii and WiiU, so releasing a new WAD would mess the loader's channel update engine. (the update engine was released before WiiU existed, so it doesn't know it has to download different files based on console type).
- Editing/installing to NAND is dangerous, you better prevent doing it often.
- For the same reason, NAND editor has been removed completely from the loader, there's no more possibility to install or update a WAD files to the console.
- it's WAY easier to update to new releases (both automatic and manual : download and replace one file; no WAD install involved)
- You NEED an external device to store the settings anyway (even if you use the loader only for NAND installed channels without any SD or USB games), so just use the forwarder and load the dol from wherever you have it.

I think the full channel should have never existed, it's good only for homebrew which are working fine "independently" (games, apps, which doesn't need SD or USB access to work)
a full channel which require external devices is as good as a forwarder.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: mostafa

war1o1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SysCheck v2.3.1 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6432).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v609)

Drive date: 07.12.2012
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 614090311
Console Type: vWii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v0
Found 57 titles.
Found 35 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stub.

vIOS9 (rev 1290): No Patches
vIOS12 (rev 782): No Patches
vIOS13 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS14 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS15 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS17 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS21 (rev 1295): No Patches
vIOS22 (rev 1550): No Patches
vIOS28 (rev 2063): No Patches
vIOS31 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS33 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS34 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS35 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS36 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS37 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS38 (rev 4380): No Patches
vIOS41 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS43 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS45 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS46 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS48 (rev 4380): No Patches
vIOS53 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS55 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS56 (rev 5918): No Patches
vIOS57 (rev 6175): No Patches
vIOS58 (rev 6432): USB 2.0
vIOS59 (rev 9249): No Patches
vIOS62 (rev 6942): No Patches
vIOS80 (rev 7200): No Patches
vIOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
vIOS512 (rev 7): No Patches
vIOS513 (rev 1): No Patches
Report generated on 06/14/2017.

Hey I am looking for any advise or help that I can get. I have searched far and wide for a solution but haven't found anything that has solved this problem. I followed this guide and started with the issue of USB_loader freezing when trying to load my usb drive. Long story short I have found through trying multiple hard drives and setups that I can get gamecube games to work when I have the alt version of d2x installed and the drive plugged into usb port 1. Now any other combination Nintendont gives me this error CheckForMultiGameAndRegion() = failed. If I try to load a wii game I get a black screen that sends me to back to the wii menu. I assume from looking at my report that ios 249 isnt getting usb access for whatever reason and is causing the error. This makes sense since gamecube games work through using ios58. My question is am I right about my assumption and anything to try to fix the issue. Thank you so much to anyone who reads through this, I have spent the last week trying to figure this out :(

gaga24

Trophies
XP
Country
Try format your current usb stick with bootice tool, find the guide or try different usb stick, yours is not supported.

war1o1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got some stuff kinda working. I have found out that that if I unplug my hard drive with wiiu games and my gamecube and wii hard and boot the wiiu, go to the wii menu then plug my HD in everything works like magic. I then tried just leaving the wii/gamecube HD in without anything else, got the freeze error on usb loader. Then finally tried loading with just wiiu HD in the system get to wii menu plug in the wii/gamecube HD, this time usb loader loads fine wii games work but Nintendont throws CheckForMultiGameAndRegion() = failed error. I unplugged the wiiu hard drive again after this error and tried again and everything worked again. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this?

Rubos

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I got a similar problem. At first my HDD stuck on initialization, but setting loader IOS to 58 helped and now usb loader GX can detect my HDD and show games placed in \wbfs\... folder. But when I try to launch a game - if I launch a game on IOS 251 then I just go back to the homebrew channel menu, if I launch a game on IOS 249 or 250 I got black screen and console not respond. I tried to launch gamecube game with nintendont and game run without problems. Launching games from SD card through wiiflow also works good. HDD was old notebook IDE 2.5" drive with IDE to Y-USB adapter (something like this). Can anyone help with my problem?

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on vIOS58 (rev 6432).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v610)

Drive date: 06.28.2011
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 607404825
Console Type: vWii
Shop Channel Country: Russia (100)
Boot2 v0
Found 53 titles.
Found 35 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stubs.

vIOS9 (rev 1290): No Patches
vIOS12 (rev 782): No Patches
vIOS13 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS14 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS15 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS17 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS21 (rev 1295): No Patches
vIOS22 (rev 1550): No Patches
vIOS28 (rev 2063): No Patches
vIOS31 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS33 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS34 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS35 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS36 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS37 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS38 (rev 4380): No Patches
vIOS41 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS43 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS45 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS46 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS48 (rev 4380): No Patches
vIOS53 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS55 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS56 (rev 5918): No Patches
vIOS57 (rev 6175): No Patches
vIOS58 (rev 6432): USB 2.0
vIOS59 (rev 9249): No Patches
vIOS62 (rev 6942): No Patches
vIOS80 (rev 7200): No Patches
vIOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
vIOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
vIOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
vIOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
vIOS512 (rev 7): No Patches
vIOS513 (rev 1): No Patches
Report generated on 06/17/2017.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox