The End Of GBATemp

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason why I have not been posting (lurking) is because I have been talking to the mods. And they told me that GBATemp is going to shutdown!

They said they have been droping hints since the switch release back in 2018 and when nintendo released the switch lite release they have been teasing it but nobody said nothing about it.

The mods told me that in 10 days there is going to be a shutdown thread. the shutdown date is going to be 10/20/19

They said they are just gonna leave these images on the site after shutdown
PicsArt_07-13-11.28.00.png
PicsArt_07-13-11.31.00.png
PicsArt_07-13-11.33.00.png

Last edited by DRAGONBALLVINTAGE,
D

Deleted User

The reason why I have not been posting (lurking) is because I have been talking to the mods. And they told me that GBATemp is going to shutdown!

They said they have been droping hints since the switch release back in 2018 and when nintendo released the switch lite release they have been teasing it but nobody said nothing about it.

The mods told me that in 10 days there is going to be a shutdown thread. the shutdown date is going to be 10/20/19

They said they are just gonna leave these images on the site after shutdownView attachment 172993 View attachment 172994 View attachment 172995
At least we have Reddit and discord Reddits going to be probably the direct replacement and it doesn't have maintainince fees

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ooooooooo, he went there.
Don't worry, there's always GBAtemp 3.0 You Can (Not) Shitpost Here + GBAtemp 1.0 You Can Suggadik (beetches).

Although, you're going to have to read the manga, wait a few years, then get a ten-minute preview of the new site, but it's going to be in moon-speak.

images

PS, I'm the -1st child and you're all fucked (in the butt) 8.5".

KnightRiderX420

The Anigmatic Anomoly
Trophies
Website
www.beyondwindows10.com
XP
Country
United States
I am lost.... is this for real???? I was just about to get a patreon for 10 usd a month should I not do it as the sites gonna go down? or is this a hoax? if so I think this thread is very bad for business. I like it here and hope all isn't lost and this is false. can I get clarification or should I look elsewhere forn my gaming hb needs?

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Breaking News: Just got done talking with mods they said there working on a new image for the shutdown based off of the bleem website R.I.P. image
bleemTomb.jpg

There going to post the gbatemp version soon :sad::sad::sad:

I also talked to shawn and he said part of the shutdown was due to lack of traffic saying

"The Hacking Community is the survival of the fittest and after 17 years we became prey"

I'm guessing Discord, Reddit and other newer hacking sites is the cause of the downfall of the temp

I'm gonna have more updates soon :(

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Breaking News: Just got done talking with mods they said there working on a new image for the shutdown based off of the bleem website R.I.P. image View attachment 173113
There going to post the gbatemp version soon :sad::sad::sad:

I also talked to shawn and he said part of the shutdown was due to lack of traffic saying

"The Hacking Community is the survival of the fittest and after 17 years we became prey"

I'm guessing Discord, Reddit and other newer hacking sites is the cause of the downfall of the temp

I'm gonna have more updates soon :(
Totally true guys. I just got confirmation from "Shawn" too. Sad days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1