The End Of GBATemp

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is a joke, it's a very nasty one. It should either be confirmed valid, the OP should say "Ha Ha! Just kidding!", or this whole thread deleted. I would take things like this very seriously.

I hope we get a confirmation soon on this. Too many think this is a prank.

Souperman9

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If this is a joke, it's a very nasty one. It should either be confirmed valid, the OP should say "Ha Ha! Just kidding!", or this whole thread deleted. I would take things like this very seriously.

If GBATemp was indeed shutting down it wouldn't be posted on the EOF. And really, did you think OP was serious?

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If GBATemp was indeed shutting down it wouldn't be posted on the EOF. And really, did you think OP was serious?
First of all, this is not a staff member posting this, so it could end up literally anywhere. Secondly, we've already got responses from Shaun and Chary about this being fact. It's really a no-brainer, however we won't know entirely for sure until an official announcement is made, if one is made. I say give it until October; if nothing happens, then this really was a dirty joke. I, for one, am not entirely convinced that this guy just made it up.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
everyone knows the EOF has only truth and facts. never jokes. ever.
A definition of a joke is "a thing that someone says or does to cause amusement or laughter", and by that definition, there are no jokes in the EoF.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

If you're not laughing it's obviously real.

Honk honk

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very real -Shawn

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is very real -Shawn
People saying this is fake have to be new here? We got Cherry, Minox, Vehoho and Shawn confirming this. They are mods for a reason!

I was sad too but we all have to leave someday

all hail 3dstemp.rf.gd

Last edited by DRAGONBALLVINTAGE,

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I am in the server room right now ready to pull the plug, it's been an honor, glad I was able to hit my 10 year mark on the site before this happened. You know we had to do it to em. Cheers lads. We are going to use NeoGAF now, will be fun, I promise.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mfw plug gets pulled

5kuavjmbnhz11.jpg

The folks need to know: will those Pateroen bux get added to the NG site?

We're converting Pateroeion dollarydoos to R4ruples, a currency based on how many R4 Revolution for DS carts are currently owned by people. And since 99% of the ones in ownership today are clones, R4ruples are essentially worthless due to the currency being so easy to counterfeit. Sorry not sorry.

Edit - hate to see it happen.

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Just got back from shawn and I got some bad news...

He said that there is away to keep GBATemp running a little while longer and thats hosting rom's (with bit.ly links) and NSFW content. and every thread will redirect to a bit.ly link so click=money.

He said we can post ron's so I'll get started on that with a dump/rip of Pokemon Let's Go Both Evee and Pikachuu

http://bitly.com/98K8eH

Hey got to get that money somehow lets prey the Four Blue Letters of Doom don't sniff this out

Last edited by DRAGONBALLVINTAGE,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

http://nastyimagesoobabydukenukemapproves.io

Sent from my DS using Tapatalk

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dangit my DS is malfunctioning, sorrry for triple posting.

http://nastyimagesoobabydukenukemapproves.io

Sent from my DS using Tapatalk

I've been thinking it over, what are we going to host the servers on?
The DS has two ARM processors, both are single threaded so that's the minimum requirement's to at least run the EOF, and the registration form. But with only 4 mb of ram the two might indeterminably fuse together and people legitimately signing up will have their forms EOF'D.
Should I use a Gamecube instead?

My buddy FANDROID_SWIMBOIS knows what's up when it comes to PHP, maybe he could port the code over to the gamecube.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol