lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We know most of you will buy a Wii console in the future, before you do I'll like to warn you that
Wii remote controller could cause us Danger in our future?

Reason:

1.you might get whack in the face or nut or breasts
2.mash the remote controller to a objects while playing in loose (without wrist attach)
3.you could get wrist injuries or arm pain

Problem I through:

1.the wii Nunchuk cable attachment to wii remote controller seem to short and easy to be rip apart (boxing,fighting game)
2.you more like play game while you stand then sit, specially if you have kids (fighting, sword, spots game)
3.holding the Wii remote controller in air level could get very tiring and ache (FTP game)

=============================
buying a Wii and Play Heath & Safety
lecture.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
1) Only if you're wreckless, and the sensitivity is dirt low
2) Possible, but only if you're in a small space
3) This is possible, but you could also get eye strain and RSI from regular VGing, too.

1) The Controller Tether is a lot longer then you think, the only way you could rip it out is by reall stretching it, which is unlikely.
2) That's only because it's been seen in demo booths so far, which from experience, you always stand while testing them out.
3) See the first #3.

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats why Nintendo put that health and safety screen on the DS... So that they would be covered if something did happen.

I dont know about you guys, but the cramps in my hands dont keep me from playing with my DS
yaynds.gif

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There will be a revision to the controller in about 3-6 months after release I bet. One of the features being the Nunchuk will be wireless also.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant wait to see the news reports of someone who accidently stabs themselves with a Wiimote.
It'll be f'ing awsome xD

"Man stabs himself with Nintendo Wii controller, family morns loss as they play Wario Ware."

Though I really wanna attatch stuff to Wiimotes. As some cool stuff to make it feel more weighted and make it really feel like a sword for sword games and what not.

Though no matter how long your wiimote might be, you should always know not to put expensive breakable items in the area.
Or to jump up and down and swing things around like a monkey gone nuts.
Its only common sense poeple.
The same goes for playing games too much and putting strain on yourself.
Its always good to take atleast a small break every hour and larger breaks every other.
Though since the play style incourages more active play, then it kinda makes poeple get tired and take breaks naturaly.
Though in this case I hope that nintendo adds in some instant save features in most games. That way those who get real tired of the game can save and take a break, then play later from where they left off.
Most poeple pllay games for extended hours becuase they CANT save the game until a save point comes by.
They should really do more instnat saving these days. Technology is more than capable for it these days.

Oh ya, dont forget another news reports,
"Entire family beats each other to death while playing Smash Bros game on the Wii video game console. Police were baffled and clueless onto the real cuases of death."

Surprised no one died from an Xbox/Xbox360 yet.
Things a fecking huge O-o

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This sure is a stupid topic nobody's going to do any of those things, and if it was possible it nearly would make for interesting conversation.

Are you stupid nobody's going to do any of those things - who know? and it a probability
and don be stupid, are you? stupid.
nyanya.gif

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mother: Father Killed Child Over Video Game

A 25 year old man from Philadelphia has been charged of killing his young daughter over a video game. He reportedly hit the baby in the face twice after the cable was un-plugged.

QUOTE said:
"His confession was she pulled the cords in the game, the system is -- the box itself -- fell, and he was upset and then responsible for paying for the game, so he hit her in her face twice," Turman said, adding that Spellman also allegedly slung the child over a chair.

Eight-months pregnant with another baby girl, Turman was struggling with how to cope. She said she fell in love with a man who had never been violent before, and she wanted to know what would possess someone to kill a child.

"You can't give me a good enough answer to say why you would kill your baby," Turman said.

The couple's second baby will be born with her dad charged with killing the sister she never met.

"I do not understand this. I will never understand this," Turman said.

News Source: nbc10.com

*nobody's going to do any of those things?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would love to see in a few months such a Topic like " The weirdest thing that happened to your Wii controller " or " The worse damage you've done to yourself or others while playing a Wii game " etc...
But now it's really to early to think about that.
I am sure though we'll hear a lot of funny stories!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out