Hardware The heck is going on with GPU sales?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah yes, look at those cheap, cheap prices. /s
These are normal prices. They stay the same even if stock goes down plus you're not taking in 2 fact how much people earn plus that the euro is like 1.5 dollar now just as the pound is a bit higher as the euro meaning prices are also higher there since people earn more, living expenses, taxes etc wich influence pricing across countries. You also have to know that tax is already included in our price. The price you are seeing is the final price

Last edited by kumikochan,

ginadajani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newegg Canada has dropped nearly all 1070 Tis and only has a few of the 1070s and any 1080s, all of which are out of stock. Newegg USA still has a few, but they are now $900USD for a 1070 Ti when it used to be $700CAD in Canada...

And i thought cryptocurrencies were crashing? or is everyone planning to make money through transaction fees?
With all the fuss going on with cryptocurrencies, GPU sales in my area has also been affected. Many graphics card like Nvidia Ti series, isn't available. Similarly, I've observed some massive price hikes too.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bitcoin. Fucking bitcoin. People with lots of $$ are buying up GPU's because they're morons and don't realize that special mining hardware has a much better cost-to-mining ratio.
Basically, bitcoin is every PC gamer's worst enemy. Luckily, I bought my Graphics Card right before it spiked, for $150.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Bitcoin. Fucking bitcoin. People with lots of $$ are buying up GPU's because they're morons and don't realize that special mining hardware has a much better cost-to-mining ratio.
Basically, bitcoin is every PC gamer's worst enemy. Luckily, I bought my Graphics Card right before it spiked, for $150.
How much is the card you would have bought now/a few weeks ago when it spiked?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone that bought Bitcoin-based cryptocurrency while it was in the quintuple digits is going to be really disappointed looking at any market graph right now

Would it be rude for me to say "fuck all those who are causing these issues and mining them, causing the prices of GPUs to go up"? Because that's what I want to say to those dumbasses who do this.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be rude for me to say "fuck all those who are causing these issues and mining them, causing the prices of GPUs to go up"? Because that's what I want to say to those dumbasses who do this.
I don't mind the people who passively mine (heck, I do it myself), but yeah, absolutely fuck the people who buy out entire stock of GPUs to build farms exclusively for mining

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind the people who passively mine (heck, I do it myself), but yeah, absolutely fuck the people who buy out entire stock of GPUs to build farms exclusively for mining

I was about to say that towards a certain foreign demographic who was solely responsible for this debacle, and I hope that the bitcoin/crypto currency market crashes hard, like complete and utter collapse. Oh how glorious and cathartic that will be. What a bunch of inconsiderate assholes. :gun: Fuckwits.

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The whole thing is a scam. Bitcoin was never designed to scale this far (except for the age-old tradition of we-will-figure-it-out-later-what-do-you-mean-people-refuse-to-upgrade?) and it's useless as a currency and far too unstable as an investment.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole thing is a scam. Bitcoin was never designed to scale this far (except for the age-old tradition of we-will-figure-it-out-later-what-do-you-mean-people-refuse-to-upgrade?) and it's useless as a currency and far too unstable as an investment.

All the more reason I await the day the market for this and all similar "eCurrency" dies an ignominious death.

"But muh bitcoin" they'll say, yeah, well boo hoo :lol:

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are altcoins that were designed to fix that issue (DASH, Ethereum and to an extent, Litecoin come to mind), but as a singular asset Bitcoin is a SUPER awful transactional format. At this point all it's good for is long-term investing, and that's a horrible idea for obvious reasons

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: