• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The Israel and Palestine conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You wonder why positions of power come with an expectation of transparency attached...really? Seems kinda self-explanatory.

You expect politicians to be more honest than you?

Yah, I do wonder why. Has it ever happened?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You expect politicians to be more honest than you?
I expect more public and legal scrutiny of politicians' statements than I do of some random Joe Schmoe's, yes.

Yah, I do wonder why. Has it ever happened?
Have there ever been any honest politicians on any level of governance? Yes, quite a few. The bigger issue is that a lot of people don't like to hear honesty unless it's wrapped up in a flashy/sensationalist package, if at all.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I expect more public and legal scrutiny of politicians' statements than I do of some random Joe Schmoe's, yes.

Unless you are Joe Schmoe, you aren't answering my question. Are you a random politician?

Have there ever been any honest politicians on any level of governance? Yes, quite a few. The bigger issue is that a lot of people don't like to hear honesty unless it's wrapped up in a flashy/sensationalist package, if at all.

Examples?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
the tone shifts from one American media person to another, the message still is the same:

"both sides are wrong there in the middle east, but let's not talk too much about the USA or the imperialistic capitalism"

Are you talking about the show?

Idk how far you watched, but "everything is made in America".

America is heavily implicated in their support of Israel, and therefore Israel's use of that support.

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
Muslims across the world dance and celebrate that Hamas are being destroyed, Here's some happy east end muslims on hearing the news that another 50 Hamas terrorists have been buried alive in their tunnels today.

I wonder what acting school this "victim" went to?

Aside from the first video being:
1. very old
2. has nothing to do with any wars

You could've saved yourself the embarrassment from the second video had you actually had eyes + actually knew Arabic instead of trusting some random tweet's text.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Aside from the first video being:
1. very old
2. has nothing to do with any wars

You could've saved yourself the embarrassment from the second video had you actually had eyes + actually knew Arabic instead of trusting some random tweet's text.

LOL, the first link was satire - it's funny as hell, I take it humour is not your strong point! As for the second link - there's been loads of cases of people in palastine acting to show fake setup/scenes and then the media reporting on it. As for arabic - no I don't speak it and have zero intention of learning it.

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
LOL, the first link was satire - it's funny as hell, I take it humour is not your strong point! As for the second link - there's been loads of cases of people in palastine acting to show fake setup/scenes and then the media reporting on it. As for arabic - no I don't speak it and have zero intention of learning it.
You want fake stuff? Here you go:

Actually, just go directly to the IDF's twitter account and you'll find plenty of "proof" (aka fake media made by Isntreal to try and garner support):
https://twitter.com/IDF

How about the allegations Isntreal claimed Hamas did on Oct. 7th? Oh, they were also fake? Fitting for a fake state I guess.
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/intern...es-israel-hamas-war-inflame-social-rcna119902

Here, maybe if you can pay attention to a 6-minute video using Isntreali sources, you can see how they themselves attacked their own people.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
You want fake stuff? Here you go:

Actually, just go directly to the IDF's twitter account and you'll find plenty of "proof" (aka fake media made by Isntreal to try and garner support):
https://twitter.com/IDF

How about the allegations Isntreal claimed Hamas did on Oct. 7th? Oh, they were also fake? Fitting for a fake state I guess.
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/intern...es-israel-hamas-war-inflame-social-rcna119902

Here, maybe if you can pay attention to a 6-minute video using Isntreali sources, you can see how they themselves attacked their own people.

Guess what's not fake news? 1200+ innocent Men/women/children/babies brutally murdered by Hamas terrorists last month. 200+ innocent people stolen and held as hostages by Hamas terrorists last month. 10's of thousands of rockets being fired into Israel by Hamas Terrorists. Hamas terrorsist stopping the civilian population from fleeing south and using them as human shields, Hamas terrorists using schools/hospitals/mosques to hide in and hide weapons in.

Let's face facts here - these Hamas terrorists are the scum of human life and the the world will be a better place once they are all dead.

Last edited by mrdude,

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
Guess what's not fake news? 1200+ innocent Men/women/children/babies brutally murdered by Hamas terrorists last month. 200+ innocent people stolen and held as hostages by Hamas terrorists last month. 10's of thousands of rockets being fired into Israel by Hamas Terrorists. Hamas terrorsist stopping the civilian population from fleeing south and using them as human shields, Hamas terrorists using schools/hospitals/mosques to hide in and hide weapons in.

Let's face facts here - these Hamas terrorists are the scum of human life and the the world will be a better place once they are all dead.
Did you not watch the last video I sent or could you not process someone calling out Isntreal using its own sources? Aside from the fact that Isntreali attacked and killed its own citizens, the 1200+ innocent men/women/children/babies is clearly a lie. Isntreal themselves revised the toll down to 1200, and most of the people who died were soldiers.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023...ll-from-october-7-hamas-attack-to-1200-people

You wanna know what's not fake news though? The 10K+ innocent men, women, children, babies, and even animals that were killed thanks to Isntreal and the IDF's random bombing.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/06/middleeast/gaza-10k-deaths-intl/index.html

https://nypost.com/2023/11/06/news/...on-ramps-up-as-gaza-death-toll-surpasses-10k/
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/israel...-reported-death-toll-exceeds-10-000-1.6632406

Reactions: EthanB

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Unless you are Joe Schmoe, you aren't answering my question. Are you a random politician?
I am a Joe Schmoe in the context of this discussion, yes. My decisions don't affect anyone except myself and maybe some close friends/family. A politician's words and actions affect thousands, if not millions of people. If you expect nothing of your representatives, that's exactly what you'll get, assuming they don't make things even worse.

Examples?
John Fetterman comes to mind, who's honest even in his appearance when wearing the hoodie and basketball shorts. Michael Bennett is also a very straightforward guy, just doesn't have the personality or media presence to make a real run at president.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am a Joe Schmoe in the context of this discussion, yes. My decisions don't affect anyone except myself and maybe some close friends/family. A politician's words and actions affect thousands, if not millions of people. If you expect nothing of your representatives, that's exactly what you'll get, assuming they don't make things even worse.

John Fetterman comes to mind, who's honest even in his appearance when wearing the hoodie and basketball shorts. Michael Bennett is also a very straightforward guy, just doesn't have the personality or media presence to make a real run at president.

I don't know if you understood my question. It was rhetorical. Maybe the wording was off. It is not reasonable to expect a dishonest person to elect a more honest politician.

If, by and large, the American population is dishonest, the resulting leadership is going to reflect their values.

The rhetoric also supports your reasoning that people don't like to hear the truth--that they aren't being honest with themselves. It's not a contradiction.

If you think you can guage a politician's honesty, even by their attire, good for you. I simply disagree.

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Muslims across the world dance and celebrate that Hamas are being destroyed, Here's some happy east end muslims on hearing the news that another 50 Hamas terrorists have been buried alive in their tunnels today.

I wonder what acting school this "victim" went to?

These are videos of soufi muslims chanting and dancing from muslim regions in russia or the neighbouring region and its decades old .why are you spreading lies? Are you petty?

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unhinged.
AF5B382F.jpg

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If, by and large, the American population is dishonest, the resulting leadership is going to reflect their values.

The rhetoric also supports your reasoning that people don't like to hear the truth--that they aren't being honest with themselves. It's not a contradiction.
Well, it's about a third of the population that definitively prefers bombastic lies to "boring" truths, and I don't believe the other two-thirds of the population deserve to suffer for their disconnect from reality. Since they don't view lies told by their leaders as consequential in their own bubble, perhaps they should be sent to live in Russia for a month or so to experience the effects of absolute governmental corruption firsthand. Might give them a new perspective on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan