• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The Israel and Palestine conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Numbers coming from Hamas eh so take it with a grain of salt
Who knows?

https://news.sky.com/story/what-do-we-know-about-the-number-of-palestinians-killed-in-gaza-13006290

Examination of data from previous Gaza conflicts - the Hamas-run health ministry's counts compared with the post-war United Nations analysis - shows that the initial data is broadly accurate with, at most, a 10-12% discrepancy:
  • 2008 war: The Gaza Health ministry reported 1,440 Palestinians killed; the UN reported 1,385
  • 2014 war: The Gaza Health ministry reported 2,310 Palestinians killed; the UN reported 2,251
  • 2021 war: The Gaza Health ministry reported 260 Palestinians killed; the UN reported 256

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Who knows?

https://news.sky.com/story/what-do-we-know-about-the-number-of-palestinians-killed-in-gaza-13006290

Examination of data from previous Gaza conflicts - the Hamas-run health ministry's counts compared with the post-war United Nations analysis - shows that the initial data is broadly accurate with, at most, a 10-12% discrepancy:
  • 2008 war: The Gaza Health ministry reported 1,440 Palestinians killed; the UN reported 1,385
  • 2014 war: The Gaza Health ministry reported 2,310 Palestinians killed; the UN reported 2,251
  • 2021 war: The Gaza Health ministry reported 260 Palestinians killed; the UN reported 256
You do know that members of the UN (Unrwa) were involved in these terrorist attacks and that most UN buildings have been used to supply these terrorists with electricity and to hide arms etc, don't you. You can't take anything the UN say as the truth as many of it's members and leaders are constantly pumping out fake news to suit an agenda. The UN is one of the most corrupt organisations the world has ever seen in it's history. I also served in the UN in the late 80's and early 90's so I know this for a fact and it's only gotten worse since then.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who knows?

10-12% is statistically significant, if only for the families involved, leaving aside crackpot conspiracies about the UN

Reactions: ganons

EthanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You do know that members of the UN (Unrwa) were involved in these terrorist attacks and that most UN buildings have been used to supply these terrorists with electricity and to hide arms etc, don't you. You can't take anything the UN say as the truth as many of it's members and leaders are constantly pumping out fake news to suit an agenda. The UN is one of the most corrupt organisations the world has ever seen in it's history. I also served in the UN in the late 80's and early 90's so I know this for a fact and it's only gotten worse since then.
Put the pipe down, Gerald.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is telling, is it not?

3DED8151.jpg

• Haha

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is telling, is it not?

View attachment 421329
Well, that does say 'opinion', so I'd immediately wonder how much of that is opinion based.
Second, gathering specific and pointed opinions from tweets is questionable at best.
Respectfully, do you have an actual source to back this up?

Reactions: _47iscool

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Haha

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
People need to leave the Jews alone, they suffered enough loss in WW II. I can't really fault them for wanting to expunge the (current AND future) terrorists, and take their land back from Hamas.

Reactions: BigOnYa

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is still an opinion piece, lacking any real credibility aside from one journalist's take. Not necessarily a bad thing by itself, but absolutely not applicable to the entire situation.
People need to leave the Jews alone, they suffered enough loss in WW II. I can't really fault them for wanting to expunge the (current AND future) terrorists, and take their land back from Hamas.
This is an incredibly dangerous thought process, as it can lead to the validation of inhumanities/war crimes for the sake of "getting back" at a previous war. Two wrongs do not make a right. Also classing all of Palestine as terrorists is an oversimplification fallacy (if that's what you're referring to and I didn't just misinterpret that). Both sides in this war have blood on their hands. Validating one side based on previous actions is how people are misled.
Hell, it's how Germany was mislead in WWII! Hitler rose to power out of the economic crisis, blaming Germany's poor economy on the previous war! (Among other things, of course).
What a terrible irony.

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
I genuinely really want to believe that this is sarcasm. Please tell me you're actually joking.

gossip

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Not to mention attacking the USS Liberty.
View attachment 402435
Oh, brother, the Chinese say on this subject: Israel used to be a German observer, and now he has become an observer
Post automatically merged:

Oh, brother, the Chinese say on this subject: Israel used to be a German observer, and now he has become an observer
This was reported by China's "People's Daily".
Post automatically merged:

Last edited by gossip,

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Spoken like someone who has never read a single history book.

Reactions: _47iscool

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can and do fault Israel for not holding Netanyahu responsible for his failings. They were attacked on his watch, on a date which should've prompted a state of heightened alert across the nation. If he can only retain power as long as the war against Hamas continues, he'll soon be claiming Hamas is operating from Pluto.

Israel had the benefit of hindsight from the US' war on terror, and they've still made all the same mistakes plus some more. They most certainly do not deserve carte blanche in committing genocide.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
They most certainly do not deserve carte blanche in committing genocide.
Don't talk rubbish, if Israel wanted to commit genocide, they could easily have done so and could do that whenever they wanted. The facts are they aren't, they are just fighting a bunch of scummy twats that hide behind old women and children and are scared to lose power and be held to account for all the crimes they have commited against humanity. If Israel wanted to turn gaza into a glass carpark it could be done in less than 15 minutes. You've been watching/reading far too much lefty propoganda and anti semite shit. Mind you, you have always had mental issues so it's not surprising you think they way you do.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The facts are they aren't, they are just fighting a bunch of scummy twats that hide behind old women and children and are scared to lose power and be held to account for all the crimes they have commited against humanity.
The fact is that they've killed nearly 30,000 people in Gaza, and only maybe 10% of them were affiliated with Hamas, if I'm being generous. Moreover, they've killed foreign journalists and Israeli hostages in the process. Nutty-Yahoo is appropriately named, man should rot in prison for life for his war crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!