‘The Last Of Us’ HBO live-action series main cast actors revealed

tolu.jpg

Last year, TV network HBO announced that it will adapt The Last of Us video game into a TV series with Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann attached to the production. In a recent exclusive report, The Hollywood Reporter revealed that Ellie will be played by Bella Ramsey, known for her role as Lyanna Mormont in HBO’s Game of Thrones.

ellie.jpg

Shortly after, Deadline revealed in an exclusive piece of its own that The Mandalorian's Pedro Pascal will star as Joel in the live-action adaptation.

joel.jpg

Craig Mazin, creator of HBO’s Chernobyl series, is responsible for the script and executive production along with Neil Druckmann. The pilot will be directed by Russian filmmaker Kantemir Balagov.

:arrow: SOURCE 1, SOURCE 2

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Seems like apt casting. This show could be good. I'm cautiously optimistic!

I just hope it doesn't turn into another Walking Dead and outstay its welcome. It would be good if they have a story to tell and commit to just that.
With shows like Chernobyl and Watchmen simply telling their story and moving on, I'm cautiously confident that this is still "the rule" at HBO, with Game of Thrones being the exception. We all know that this is a flexible rule if the money's good enough, though.

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
Joel is gonna die!
Prepare for the earthquake, people!
Regular Tv watcher are not as triggered by these things as ultra fan-people in gaming. This is made for the wide audience, to show a great story to the masses outside of the gaming community. The show runner said it himself, this story has to be experienced by more people than just gamers.

It will have impacts because it is designed to make you feel fury, loss, anger and hate towards Abbie and company. We were not prepared, for that loss and that is why it worked. Too soon, inglorious, no goodbye, no forgiveness from those who you have wronged. Simple, raw human death.

I am sure it will make headlines as most violent death in TV in the year it comes out. I hope they do not tone down any of the violence of the games. I like Pedro as Joel.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This story is perfect for the series medium because it is already so exploitative in how it wants everything to be ultra dramatic and sad every 30 minutes that it will work out just fine. Now whether people who are not gamers are willing to stand that convoluted mess of a plot... well, that's a different question.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Bella Ramsey is such a bad of an actor in "His dark materials". I can't see her pull Ellie of with what I saw from that series.
But I haven't seen her in any other project so she might be good.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__