‘The Last Of Us’ HBO live-action series main cast actors revealed

tolu.jpg

Last year, TV network HBO announced that it will adapt The Last of Us video game into a TV series with Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann attached to the production. In a recent exclusive report, The Hollywood Reporter revealed that Ellie will be played by Bella Ramsey, known for her role as Lyanna Mormont in HBO’s Game of Thrones.

ellie.jpg

Shortly after, Deadline revealed in an exclusive piece of its own that The Mandalorian's Pedro Pascal will star as Joel in the live-action adaptation.

joel.jpg

Craig Mazin, creator of HBO’s Chernobyl series, is responsible for the script and executive production along with Neil Druckmann. The pilot will be directed by Russian filmmaker Kantemir Balagov.

:arrow: SOURCE 1, SOURCE 2

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really was hoping for Hugh Jackman for Joel but I guess that was wishful thinking. To be honest, Pedro Pascal doesn't have the same presence as Hugh but tbf I've only seen him in The Mandalorian and The Kingsman.

I'm more worried about how they portray Ellie though, I can see them messing up her likability. The chemistry between the two is pretty important too.

The perfect choices would have been Hugh Jackman and Elliot Page but Hugh is too expensive and Elliot is too old (and well, a guy now)

Much better cast than Tom Holland as Nathan Drake at the very least.
While I agree, he does look like the younger Nathan in Uncharted 3 which is promising enough

Last edited by GoldenBullet,

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Live action series? Of The Last of Us? On HBO? Oh good lordy....

First game was good but everything after was a train wreck and although HBO can sometimes have decent live action shows, well, other times not so much, and combine that with this series, it could be a hot pot of disaster.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ellen Page:
images

• Looks like Elle.
  • She's lesbian too.
HBO just ruined this adaptation. This could be the very first time where choosing Ellen Page as Elle would've be politically correct and perfect in every single way.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Let's hope they go back to how awesome TLOU1 was and focus on telling a good story instead of teenagers drama and daddies issues.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Ellen Page:
images

• Looks like Elle.
  • She's lesbian too.
HBO just ruined this adaptation. This could be the very first time where choosing Ellen Page as Elle would've be politically correct and perfect in every single way.

She doesnt look anything like this anymore. Shes like 35 and looks 45 and balding. The character is 14.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol