The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been leaked almost 2 weeks from release

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date, and as usual, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception, more so given the anticipation of the sequel to the highly acclaimed Breath of the Wild, released 6 years ago.

The game seems to have been dumped today, May 1st, and shared online already in the familiar NSP and XCI formats, with many already playing it through Ryujinx and Yuzu, though how good compatibility is there with the title is not known yet, but some have cited good performance compared to Switch, which seems to still share the same shuggy gameplay and performance drops that its predecessor had as well in real hardware.

As usual, remember that we don't allow sharing links to ROM sites of any kind, so please avoid posting them.

Zinnwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want to play it so bad, my friend borrowed my Switch and he's playing the game right now.

I tried emulating via Ryujinx and the game runs at 20fps with weird glitched graphics. Yuzu doesn`t even boot the game.

Is there a secret way to play the game at 60fps with emulators? :wtf:

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play it so bad, my friend borrowed my Switch and he's playing the game right now.

I tried emulating via Ryujinx and the game runs at 20fps with weird glitched graphics. Yuzu doesn`t even boot the game.

Is there a secret way to play the game at 60fps with emulators? :wtf:
Your friend should get their own switch then you won't have to bother with emulators

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is one of the major Nintendo releases. I hope it lives up to the hype. But then again, at least in my case, Nintendo has never let me down through my 32yrs old gaming life.
shall i show you to the buggy mess (still is about 1/2 a year later called Gen 9? even though it isn't first party gf works close enough to nintendo that they practically are first party

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Playstation and Xbox first party games are also $70
Playstation and Xbox aren't two generations behind in terms of both hardware and software. Actual next-gen AAA games take exponentially more time and manpower to develop, regardless of resulting quality. At the least they're also expected to include both a performance and quality mode, 60 and 30 FPS respectively, whereas even first-party Switch games can dip into the 20s or teens.

It's also not an every-studio type of thing, Elden Ring launched at $60, as will Armored Core 6, so people should rightfully set a high bar for the $70 price point.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shall i show you to the buggy mess (still is about 1/2 a year later called Gen 9? even though it isn't first party gf works close enough to nintendo that they practically are first party
They can be called first party since nintendo owns majority of Game Freak parts, meaning they own the company

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playstation and Xbox aren't two generations behind in terms of both hardware and software. Actual next-gen AAA games take exponentially more time and manpower to develop, regardless of resulting quality. At the least they're also expected to include both a performance and quality mode, 60 and 30 FPS respectively, whereas even first-party Switch games can dip into the 20s or teens.

It's also not an every-studio type of thing, Elden Ring launched at $60, so will Armored Core 6, so people should rightfully set a high bar for the $70 price point.

That doesn't really matter too much if people is willing to pay for it, that why you don't see first party Nintendo games at like full price.
Post automatically merged:

Pokemon is first party.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't really matter too much if people is willing to pay for it
True, the vast majority of Nintendo's fanbase will always be willing to pay the Nintax, performance be damned. Tunes will eventually change, however, when emulators are good enough to get a locked 60 FPS at 1440p or even 4K, and with mods to boot. At this rate, that will all be doable before Ninty decides to finally release the Switch successor.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's also not an every-studio type of thing, Elden Ring launched at $60, as will Armored Core 6, so people should rightfully set a high bar for the $70 price point.
every day I'm shocked at people who don't understand inflation

Solipund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its pretty forbidden to ask for websites but the one I've been going to is ad hell everytime I go to it now and I literally cannot proceed with it. Anyone else having those issues too?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inflation does play a role that I can agree.
At $70 Zelda TOTK is actually cheaper than BOTW in 2017

We are paying the equivalent of $56.54 in 2017 dollars

1682976900150.png

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
every day I'm shocked at people who don't understand inflation
Right...it costs everyone a certain amount more to operate than it used to, but it costs Xbox and Playstation a lot more on top of that than it costs Nintendo thanks to next-gen hardware. I doubt their staff size has changed much at all from the Wii U days outside perhaps marketing and lawyers.

Inflation has also been a thing forever while games remained $60, because it remains a good-sized profit margin regardless. Funny enough it's generally the companies who could most easily absorb that slight loss in profit that are choosing not to.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date, and as usual, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception, more so given the anticipation of the sequel to the highly acclaimed Breath of the Wild, released 6 years ago.

The game seems to have been dumped today, May 1st, and shared online already in the familiar NSP and XCI formats, with many already playing it through Ryujinx and Yuzu, though how good compatibility is there with the title is not known yet, but some have cited good performance compared to Switch, which seems to still share the same shuggy gameplay and performance drops that its predecessor had as well in real hardware.

As usual, remember that we don't allow sharing links to ROM sites of any kind, so please avoid posting them.
HOW THE FUCK

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right...it costs everyone a certain amount more to operate than it used to, but it costs Xbox and Playstation a lot more on top of that than it costs Nintendo thanks to next-gen hardware. I doubt their staff size has changed much at all from the Wii U days outside perhaps marketing and lawyers.
They sure have looooot of lawyer

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1