JeX-

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
well we know what happened to the other thread.

i'm just going to continue as if it never happened, thats the best way.

If you did'nt gt what i said here it is again.

Hi ya all,

I was thinking, since the the other sig competition we had, we could launch another one.

To encourage more people in entering and taking part, we could have some sort of badge for the winner, like there is for a Admin, and super mod and the news paper for us magazine staff. The winner could have some sort of icon to wear until the next sig competition, and if s/he loses the winner of that competition gets it. There could be a Sig competition every two months or something, so it gives people time to improve their skills and the winner to wear its medal.

If you agree i'll search for some good icons, and other people can also make them if they wish to and then post them here.

so what do you guys think?....think its a good Idea?

D2_

Weee!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o i dont know, maybe because i dont see the words "sig making forum" anywhere around here.
wink.gif

JeX-

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
How do you know?
Do ppl need to have your taste to be good judges?
Sometimes you make some really lame statements
Who are you talking to?

quote the members speech so other people know who your talking to....

I think D2 is right. Say if one entry took alot of hard time and effort and it showed, and the judge (being an exspert, an' all) would know how difficult it was to pull off....but someone with out that knowledge would not know that, there for over seeing that aspect.

A or Some judges would be better, if we dont get any then it may have to come to the poll idea, unless someone else has some sort of other idea.
wink.gif

-T J

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Most of the people who post here are left-brained logic nuts (I put myself in this category as well), and as such would have trouble judging. I'd like to, but I doubt I could spot half of the subtleties and nifty artistic effects over the holistic impression. If you can think of any of our artists who're NOT in this competition already, then ask them.

One solution, though -- have the competers judge each other. There looks to be over five of you here, so this will work. Let each person assign a score from 1-10 to each sig. The highest and lowest individual scores will be removed, and the others added up to provide a point scale. Polls will be used to clear up ties. You'll need to assign an adjucator, though -- a neutral guy to do the totalling, a guy you'd PM the scores to and he'd do the math.

What do you think?

-Tempest out.-

D2_

Weee!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about this? we all sign up in a sig making forum i know. make a thread called "gbatemp competition". than the ppl there can judge. just dont go crying to me if they dont go easy on ur sigs.

|{urt}{ecti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well - i think i will participate, too - But i don't have much time for it during the week (I have to work).

Another thing is, that we need rules for this like:
"you are only allowed to post one sig a day"
or
"height and weight must be at least...or maximum..."
etc.

anyone who agree with me?

JeX-

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Most of the people who post here are left-brained logic nuts (I put myself in this category as well), and as such would have trouble judging. I'd like to, but I doubt I could spot half of the subtleties and nifty artistic effects over the holistic impression. If you can think of any of our artists who're NOT in this competition already, then ask them.

One solution, though -- have the competers judge each other. There looks to be over five of you here, so this will work. Let each person assign a score from 1-10 to each sig. The highest and lowest individual scores will be removed, and the others added up to provide a point scale. Polls will be used to clear up ties. You'll need to assign an adjucator, though -- a neutral guy to do the totalling, a guy you'd PM the scores to and he'd do the math.

What do you think?

-Tempest out.-
If we then judge each other, then anyone of us could de-grade the other person.....just like King02 & Inuyasha...Do you think King02 would judge inuyasha's sig truthfuly? **loughs uncontrollably**

any way you get my point.

-T J

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Most of the people who post here are left-brained logic nuts (I put myself in this category as well), and as such would have trouble judging. ÂI'd like to, but I doubt I could spot half of the subtleties and nifty artistic effects over the holistic impression. ÂIf you can think of any of our artists who're NOT in this competition already, then ask them.

One solution, though -- have the competers judge each other. ÂThere looks to be over five of you here, so this will work. Let each person assign a score from 1-10 to each sig. The highest and lowest individual scores will be removed, and the others added up to provide a point scale. Polls will be used to clear up ties. ÂYou'll need to assign an adjucator, though -- a neutral guy to do the totalling, a guy you'd PM the scores to and he'd do the math.

What do you think?

-Tempest out.-
If we then judge each other, then anyone of us could de-grade the other person.....just like King02 & Inuyasha...Do you think King02 would judge inuyasha's sig truthfuly? **loughs uncontrollably**

any way you get my point.

-T J
I see you found a better solution. Good luck, everyone.

TJ, that's why I said the lowest and highest would be cut out, to account for self-awarded 10s and insults like that one. However, the sig forum is a better idea.

-Tempest out.-

R

ruffmeister

well i didnt make the sig but ill enter mine here and give my prize to the geeza who made mine

torN

OMGWTFLOLBBQSAUZ
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not funny, but they'll go extremely hard on you. But so far my work has gotten 7-8's from some of teh best taggerz
biggrin.gif

*Edit*

Hehe when you see this Inu, I'd like to see you copy this
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?