• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The paradigm of False Dichotomy - If you aren't 100% in, you are an enemy. How can we break this?

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1689307420970.png

Man..... The Pie got eaten...

MDP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not personally in favor of removing the first amendment. I'm not saying it's wrong to support someone for something you believe is right. I'm saying that it seems you are trying to make your pride in him, as a Nazi, a bigger point than getting him into the white house, it is hurting his chances. You aren't showing real strategy, just similar impulsive self-indulgence that I accused of @tiny_tim.
What part of "stolen election" does your stupid pea brain not understand?
The only solution is to get rid of the commies since they are corrupt and in control of the government.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What part of "stolen election" does your stupid pea brain not understand?
The only solution is to get rid of the commies since they are corrupt and in control of the government.

A stolen election means that your feeling validated as a Nazi needs to take a back seat to getting actual results. Good luck with that. Unfortunately I can not do anything to support you other than help you weigh out moral philosophical conundrums and help you find humane strategies to communicate your message. If you are interested in chatting, I'll be around.

Well yes, but I can always make another if I'm feeling the desire. ;)

You are going to $%@& that pie.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Last edited by tabzer,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Please support this claim. AFAIK the Bible was "completed" in the 5th century.
The English translation of The New Testament has been revised six times, most recently in 1971.

https://www.bible-researcher.com/rsv.html

Regarding homosexuality, though, this might be interesting of a read
Homosexuality comes from nature, same as heterosexuality. Christianity needed a scapegoat to distract from all its own scandals though, and nobody was gonna dare to voice a defense of gay people in 1946, despite the fact that there were plenty of "Brokeback Mountaineers" behind closed doors even then.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The English translation of The New Testament has been revised six times, most recently in 1971.

https://www.bible-researcher.com/rsv.html

That's the "Revised Standard Version", a specific translation of the Bible, and your link mentions nothing of "pedophilia".

Homosexuality comes from nature, same as heterosexuality. Christianity needed a scapegoat to distract from all its own scandals though, and nobody was gonna dare to voice a defense of gay people in 1946, despite the fact that there were plenty of "Brokeback Mountaineers" behind closed doors even then.

You aren't interested in reading it, are you? "Homosexuality comes from nature" the same way that the bible does.

Last edited by tabzer,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's the "Revised Standard Version";a specific translation of the Bible, and your link mentions nothing of "pedophilia".
It's literally in the name, "standard." Odds are any copy of The New Testament you've seen were this one. The link compares the passages before and after the edits, and "man shall not lie with another man as he does a woman" (paraphrased) was not added until 1946. It replaced other passages about pedophilia, though it never used that exact word.

You aren't interested in reading it, are you?
Not interested in reading any more of the Bible than I already have, certainly. I attended a Christian middle school after too many kids were picking fights with me in the zoo of a public middle school we had in the area.

Would be best for humanity to move on from Abrahamic religions altogether before they destroy us. Nature is the one and only omnipotent and omnipresent force which must be respected at all times, lest we end up like a billionaire in a carbon fiber tube about to be squeezed out like the last bit of toothpaste.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's literally in the name, "standard." Odds are any copy of The New Testament you've seen were this one. The link compares the passages before and after the edits, and "man shall not lie with another man as he does a woman" (paraphrased) was not added until 1946. It replaced other passages about pedophilia, though it never used that exact word.

Lol, you thought it was the "The Official Bible" because of the marketing? Anyone interested in etymology or meaning behind what the Bible says already knows that "The Official Bible" isn't the source.

Even your "as he does a woman" isn't accounted for in your link.

You are making claims. Where are the receipts?

Not interested in reading any more of the Bible than I already have, certainly. I attended a Christian middle school after too many kids were picking fights with me in the zoo of a public middle school we had in the area.

"The Revised Standard Version (RSV) of the Bible is an English translation of the Bible that was first published in 1952. The intention behind the RSV was to provide a modern and scholarly revision of the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible, which was considered by many to be outdated in terms of language and textual accuracy.

The translators of the RSV aimed to produce a translation that would be faithful to the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts of the Bible while also being more accessible to modern readers. They sought to strike a balance between literal accuracy and readability, making the biblical text more understandable without sacrificing the integrity of the original languages.

Additionally, the RSV aimed to address some perceived shortcomings of the KJV. For example, the translators of the RSV consulted more ancient manuscripts and incorporated the insights gained from biblical scholarship that had emerged since the time of the KJV. They also aimed to use gender-inclusive language where appropriate, seeking to provide a translation that was relevant and inclusive in its expression.

Overall, the intention of the Revised Standard Version was to provide a modern, accurate, and accessible translation of the Bible for English-speaking readers, incorporating the best available scholarship and linguistic understanding at the time of its publication."

I'm failing to see where you were, at all, correct with your original assessment.

Your logic follows like this: "Kids were mean to me when I was a child, so therefore anything bad I can say is true."

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Even your "as he does a woman" isn't accounted for in your link.

You are making claims. Where are the receipts?
Ah shit you're right, I thought it'd be a more complete chronicling. Here it is straight from a conservative source sheepishly admitting that homosexuality was not mentioned in the Bible until 1946, and prior to that the passages were forbidding pederasty instead.

https://thethink.institute/articles...-didnt-condemn-homosexual-behavior-until-1946.

Overall, the intention of the Revised Standard Version was to provide a modern, accurate, and accessible translation of the Bible for English-speaking readers, incorporating the best available scholarship and linguistic understanding at the time of its publication.
Funny how that translates to, "whatever is most convenient for the ruling class of the era." I suppose that's always been Christianity's gimmick though, and Animal Farm is proof that I'm not the first to notice.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ah shit you're right, I thought it'd be a more complete chronicling. Here it is straight from a conservative source sheepishly admitting that homosexuality was not mentioned in the Bible until 1946, and prior to that the passages were forbidding pederasty instead.

https://thethink.institute/articles...-didnt-condemn-homosexual-behavior-until-1946.

Yeah, I think we agree, and that was the similar topic as what I posted in my link, that you did not read. Our relationships is so one-sided.

The hiding of pedophilia you alleged is still wanting.

Funny how that translates to, "whatever is most convenient for the ruling class of the era." I suppose that's always been Christianity's gimmick though, and Animal Farm is proof that I'm not the first to notice.

Right. Protestant Christianity, the bulk of most Christianity (besides you know) are all derivatives of Roman Catholicism, a state government posing as a religious institution (in an effort to snuff out humanitarian activists inspired by public "spiritual" movement led by Christ).

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The hiding of pedophilia you alleged is still wanting.
Wrong, the correct translation would've named pedophiles instead of homosexuals in Leviticus and Romans. Since it doesn't, and the topic isn't brought up anywhere else in the Bible either, pedophilia runs rampant in churches of all denominations to this day. I don't know about you, but I'd certainly prefer a bunch of openly-gay priests to ones that touch kids behind closed doors.

Right. Protestant Christianity, the bulk of most Christianity (besides you know) are all derivatives of Roman Catholicism, a state government posing as a religious institution (in an effort to snuff out humanitarian activists inspired by public "spiritual" movement led by Christ).
Well yeah at this point we might as well be calling it "Trumpianity" in the US, they only call on the Bible to justify hatred, even if that means making up passages wholesale. Christ has nothing to do with any of it.

Things weren't quite as bad when I was in middle school, but I did still have to deal with a lot of "video games/Harry Potter/dinosaur bones are the devil" type stuff lol. Even that young I think most kids were smart enough to question the motivations behind that, though, especially because I personally confronted teachers on it a couple times.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wrong, the correct translation would've named pedophiles instead of homosexuals in Leviticus and Romans.

Again, actual reference is wanting.

An openly gay-priest is suspicious^2.

If this topic is actually interesting to you, and you aren't fronting, I'd expect you to be more forward about the details.

Christ has nothing to do with any of it.

Christ was replaced by Constatine ages ago, most modern "Christians" don't realize it.
Post automatically merged:

Things weren't quite as bad when I was in middle school, but I did still have to deal with a lot of "video games/Harry Potter/dinosaur bones are the devil" type stuff lol.

D&D and MTG were "safe"? Misread, lol.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If this topic is actually interesting to you, and you aren't fronting, I'd expect you to be more forward about the details.
I don't know how to explain it any better than that, the vast majority of scholars will tell you the same. The incorrect translation was a deliberate choice.

Christ was replaced by Constatine ages ago, most modern "Christians" don't realize it.
Nor would they care, because again, most modern "Christians" don't even read the Bible. Israeli storm troopers justify their hatred of Palestinians with religion, the Taliban justifies their oppression of women with religion, and redhats justify their hatred of everyone who doesn't conform to their standards with religion.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't know how to explain it any better than that, the vast majority of scholars will tell you the same. The incorrect translation was a deliberate choice.

Most people who are interested in understanding the meaning of passages do so by referring to an exact "address" of the passage, and note the words of interest, and the contention. You can start by telling me what word was replaced with "homosexual", and we can go from there.

Nor would they care, because again, most modern "Christians" don't even read the Bible. Israeli storm troopers justify their hatred of Palestinians with religion, the Taliban justifies their oppression of women with religion, and redhats justify their hatred of everyone who doesn't conform to their standards with religion.

I don't know if I agree. I may have been "lucky" but after 20 years of working at it, I finally got my parents to see that they were respecting the interpretations of fallible actors over their own, real, personal beliefs. I convinced them that they were doing a disservice by denying this aspect of "the holy spirit" (for all intents and purposes, that is what it was). Eventually, they found themselves directly clashing with the church, and ended up distancing themselves from the dogma (and the church) and love life with more confidence. This happened after giving them the space and doing my own thing, successfully, without trying to force their opinion.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: Xzi and titan_tim

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I may have been "lucky" but after 20 years of working at it, I finally got my parents to see that they were respecting the interpretations of fallible actors over their own, real, personal beliefs. I convinced them that they were doing a disservice by denying this aspect of "the holy spirit" (for all intents and purposes, that is what it was). Eventually, they found themselves directly clashing with the church, and ended up distancing themselves from the dogma (and the church) and love life with more confidence. This happened after giving them the space and doing my own thing, successfully, without trying to force their opinion.
Don't mind me lurking here. But that's just an awesome story.

My parents went from the protestant church, where their favorite pastor was kicked out for hitting on a woman. Then they went to a Catholic church where their favorite priest got in trouble using church money to gamble. No child molestations, so I guess that's a plus.

Now they do their own thing, but still love the bible. Well... not the parts about slavery and genocide, but those nice parts that make them happy. I'm just happy they didn't jump to a Pentecostal church. Those people are Cray-cray!

Reactions: Xzi and tabzer

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Most people who are interested in understanding the meaning of passages by referring to an exact "address" of the passage, and note the words of interest, and the contention. You can start by telling me what word was replaced with "homosexual", and we can go from there.
Oh it's in the (second) link I provided at the bottom, the three passages are quoted there. Not only is the word "homosexual" a mistranslation, the context of the passages are also warped to some extent.

I don't know if I agree. I may have been "lucky" but after 20 years of working at it, I finally got my parents to see that they were respecting the interpretations of fallible actors over their own, real, personal beliefs. I convinced them that they were doing a disservice by denying this aspect of "the holy spirit" (for all intents and purposes, that is what it was). They've since distanced themselves from the dogma (and the church) and love life with more confidence. Part of it was giving them the space and doing my own thing, successfully.
Yeah that's fair, divorcing spirituality from the organized religion is something I voiced approval of in another thread. I would also consider myself spiritual but not religious.

Reactions: tabzer

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Overall, the intention of the Revised Standard Version was to provide a modern, accurate, and accessible translation of the Bible for English-speaking readers, incorporating the best available scholarship and linguistic understanding at the time of its publication."
Like any work of fiction, it's important to bring it up to date for modern audiences but also give fan service.

You mean all the sexual degenerate furries on the streets with kids? You mean all the gay strippers in front of our kids spreading their idealogy like a disease? How about the school teachers who spread woke Jeff Bazo's talking points making it easier for Bill Gates to brainwash even more woke into our generation and aiding in the white replacement! Our country has gone communist, and the election was stolen. And nothing short of a coup and purge will fix it.

I get you don't like furries or drag queens, you might be letting your bias affect your judgement on that. It's the people who don't stand out that are more dangerous to children.

I don't know how Jeff Bazo and Bill Gates can be part of your reasoning that the country is communist.

You have no proof that the election was stolen, it's just the ravings of a man child. Though a purge of those brainwashed into thinking it was stolen, is probably the only option.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto