• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The paradigm of False Dichotomy - If you aren't 100% in, you are an enemy. How can we break this?

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Fan service is missing from what you are quoting. Was that a personal spin?
Maybe he's talking about beef Jesus?
1689323317424.png

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh it's in the (second) link I provided at the bottom, the three passages are quoted there. Not only is the word "homosexual" a mistranslation, the context of the passages are also warped to some extent.

All of those verses are generally seem to condemn gay sex, but not at the expense of hiding pedophilia. Sex has always been regulated, and especially then. It's hard to tell what was "the law of the land" vs "what God actually said". I believe it is in between where Moses speaks. Keep in mind, that these people came out of Egypt, from under the rule of "authoritarians" (?) as slaves.

I can only consider that these people, needing some kind of structure, fell back on structures that they were familiar with, and at the same time, may have been relatively progressive.

Perhaps the sex thing was about prioritization of increasing the tribe, and death threats is the only language they knew.

I'm trying to make the most sense of it. Maybe the idea was to not waste precious resources and stamina on self-indulgence?

I don't see how it relates to now, or how how pedophilia encouragement has been censored from the Bible.

Maybe he's talking about beef Jesus?
View attachment 383285
I'm torn between mecha jesus and buddy christ.

Last edited by tabzer,
  • Haha
Reactions: titan_tim

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Perhaps the sex thing was about prioritization of increasing the tribe, and death threats is the only language they knew.
That tracks. They only made suicide a sin in 1562. They realized that people would go in to ask for forgiveness, and then kill themselves while they were sinless. Can't increase the numbers when they're dying.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That tracks. They only made suicide a sin in 1562. They realized that people would go in to ask for forgiveness, and then kill themselves while they were sinless. Can't increase the numbers when they're dying.

I'd be careful about the implication that Moses approves of the Catholic Church, but I agree. Considering the time and the capability of people, I'd consider it anti-progressive. Regressive?

The Catholic church tried to *do* what Moses did, but in the direction of trying to control instead of trying to promote the prosperity of the living. It really wasn't inspired at all (Cain's sin?).

By the time it established itself, the "Official Church" was already outdated, because it couldn't possibly keep up with the dynamic word-of-mouth, which is closer to the definition of the "word of god" than the Bible, itself, is. That's why they sought dominance by killing their competition (Oh, Cain again). Everyday people were realizing that they were "divine", and they couldn't have that.

It is my belief that this "word of god" exceeded the Roman Church, so they started "persecuting" real enthusiasts (followers) of Christ in favor of their fake NPC "Christians" (still real, scared, people).

The Roman Catholic Church murdered real people just so that we can have our hypocritical, ignorant, Christians of today. An institutionalized church, trying to "murder God", created an intellectual plague that would last for millenia. It's an epic. It's also why I'm a big FF fan.

Sorry for turning this into "Bible Study".

Last edited by tabzer,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You should be. I hope it’s over now, because it’s mind numbing.
Indeed, the stories and gods of the old religions are so much more interesting and original. There's a good reason so many video game worlds are based on their themes, and even gamers who know nothing about them have most assuredly experienced the Taoist concept of "flow."

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Indeed, the stories and gods of the old religions are so much more interesting and original. There's a good reason so many video game worlds are based on their themes, and even gamers who know nothing about them have most assuredly experienced the Taoist concept of "flow."
Not at all what I meant, but okay.

Reactions: tabzer and Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto