The Political Compass

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
murkurie said:
I'm not too sure about that actually, depends more where there from I think, my college would be economically with me, but on the left. People in the Midwest and south are usually/stereotypically right winged. and the coasts are generally more left wing in my experiences of travel around this country.
I was surprised it didn't say I was more right. I've taken this quiz before, and its the same as last time.

Interesting. I always thought America was a more majority right country. It's the problem with trying to judge how people on the street think from reading/watching the press, news channels and the like. So I'm guessing the country itself, rather than the government, is alot more open to left-leaning thinking than the "vocal majority" and the press show?
On economic issues, I would say we are still right winged, and depending on the situation and usually social wise we can be left winged. A lot of is based on where you grew up and past family tradition. at my family reunion in the midwest, it was 'Merica, only American cars, and they were rednecks. I was in San Francisco last year and well, yea, that was interesting, no desire to ever go back.
My town is interesting, we are very much right winged, but there is constantly protester in our downtown (lol, picketing) protesting the war, asking for legalization on drugs, and on the other side of the street, there is the opposite of them, support the troops, etc.

Monkee3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.64

pcgraph.png

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Every wondered whether you're a left-wing or right-wing thinker when it comes to politics? Here is a quick test to show your leanings!

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

My results :

Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03

IYIJp.png

edit : Oops, almost forgot to add - thanks to CAS for reminding me about this test!
Ahhhhhhh so therrrrre are your results!
I love tests... self-improvement and learning things about yourself in general is just great!
Here are my results that will not be a surprise to a certain TrolleyDave...

009988.jpg

And wow! So many lefties
ohmy.gif
!

The Phantom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
What a bunch of lefties we all are. Still, it's preferable to the alternative.
I don't know about that. Look at how the lefties have trashed budgets an economies all over Europe and America. If it weren't for those excesses the social safety nets we have wouldn't be in danger of falling apart.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lol, nice! I just took it again two days ago (I do this yearly, kinda
tongue.gif
), and now I see this thread!
tongue.gif

sor4ag.png

Economic Left/Right: -6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77

EDIT: Added in the right values!
tongue.gif

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Phantom said:
Depravo said:
I don't know about that. Look at how the lefties have trashed budgets an economies all over Europe and America. If it weren't for those excesses the social safety nets we have wouldn't be in danger of falling apart.

Angela merkel
George Bush
Kostas Karamanlis
Geir Haarde

All politicians of Right wing parties who have budget deficits. Bush left a substantially unbalanced budget for Obama whilst teh latter two left their country's economy in absolute ruin. The financial system fucked up badly and politicians of both the left and right left thier economies in a weaker state.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Phantom said:
Depravo said:
I wasn't actually thinking beyond the 'temp. I just meant it was nice that on the whole we seem to be a bunch of liberal-minded, non-prejudicial groovesters.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Those who are able to work, and refuse the opportunity, should not expect society's support.
It is my opinion that there is a bias in how some of the questions are asked. Anywho...

Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
2vvvtjd.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I found it funny cause many many years ago, had a roommate in college that did this same dumbass...