The Sims 5 early playtest has reportedly been cracked by using Denuvo token workaround

adsasdasddasdadadasdad.png

According to an insider source, hackers have been able to crack the newest Sims game, before it's even gotten a chance to leave the beta stage. Right now, EA is playtesting "Project Rene", an early version of what will likely become The Sims 5, giving a small handful of players the chance to try out the next generation Sims entry. One of those players with access to the playtest has done some digging around in the files and has managed to "crack" this build of the game. The user who made this claim is staying anonymous in order to protect themselves from any ramifications of cracking the playtest, but reached out to Insider-Gaming, reporting that they used a Denuvo DRM token generator to allow access to the game, even when offline, which isn't available normally.

The hacker says that cracking the game was an easy process, due in part to the fact that The Sims 5 beta runs on Unreal Engine and has zero encryption. It's not known if the pirated version of the playtest will be made available online.

:arrow: Source

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I hope we'll see some footage and also that it'll be better than The Sims 4.
Seriously 4 was such a downgrade compared to 3. The removal of the open world alone was such a backwards move.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously 4 was such a downgrade compared to 3. The removal of the open world alone was such a backwards move.
what id like to see is a mix between ts3 and ts4
open world big like ts3 (or even bigger if possible) but to make it also possible to travel to other maps like ts4

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The irony of a game being cracked open because it's utilizing Denuvo is not lost on me.
Post automatically merged:

what id like to see is a mix between ts3 and ts4
open world big like ts3 (or even bigger if possible) but to make it also possible to travel to other maps like ts4
What I would really love, is if you can control the micro like Sims games have traditionally done, but also if you could then zoom out and do intricate macro city management, essentially merging The Sims with Sim City. Perhaps that isn't on the cards with Sims 5, but I do think that eventually this will be an inevitability.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honesty why not just make the game online only like GTA Online? 4 is basically pay to win already.
They certainly could, it is EA after all, though they're already nickle and diming everyone with an absurd amount of 'expansion packs' that from my understanding, mostly just add objects and features from previous Sims games that weren't in Sims 4 at launch.

Also, how do you 'win' in The Sims? I've played very little of 4, did they add some sort of end game goal or something to the experience?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They certainly could, it is EA after all, though they're already nickle and diming everyone with an absurd amount of 'expansion packs' that from my understanding, mostly just add objects and features from previous Sims games that weren't in Sims 4 at launch.

Also, how do you 'win' in The Sims? I've played very little of 4, did they add some sort of end game goal or something to the experience?
there's no "winning"
the only "win" i see in sims is accomplishing a sim life-aspiration, i guess?

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
Denuvo: A hassle for who brought the game, an annoyance for who developed the game, a cost for who produced the game, a fun challenge for hackers and, in the end, yet another free game for the pirates.
Unfortunately the last part isn't true. Recent Denuvo games haven't been cracked and released. Not sure of the reasoning, but as far as I'm aware only Empress does it and won't do it free of charge.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already confirmed that this is going to be a live service title. Which already seems like a downgrade.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...