The Sims 5 early playtest has reportedly been cracked by using Denuvo token workaround

adsasdasddasdadadasdad.png

According to an insider source, hackers have been able to crack the newest Sims game, before it's even gotten a chance to leave the beta stage. Right now, EA is playtesting "Project Rene", an early version of what will likely become The Sims 5, giving a small handful of players the chance to try out the next generation Sims entry. One of those players with access to the playtest has done some digging around in the files and has managed to "crack" this build of the game. The user who made this claim is staying anonymous in order to protect themselves from any ramifications of cracking the playtest, but reached out to Insider-Gaming, reporting that they used a Denuvo DRM token generator to allow access to the game, even when offline, which isn't available normally.

The hacker says that cracking the game was an easy process, due in part to the fact that The Sims 5 beta runs on Unreal Engine and has zero encryption. It's not known if the pirated version of the playtest will be made available online.

:arrow: Source

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had Sims 4 installed on my laptop for months, with all expansion packs, and never once played it.

Is it even worth it? I LOVED Sims 2 and 3, and played both to the point where there was pretty much nothing left to do that I hadn't done already, multiple times. Even played them on DS and 3DS. Even the shitty Castaway on PSP. Big fan, but have never actually been able to bring myself to get sunk into Sims 4.

Should I even bother with it?

Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
ok i see
and 2002 was TS1 era, so i guess it was using 2d/iso graphics?

Yep. Back then the only videogame thing that was successful online was Flash games, Everquest and Phantasy Star Online.

And Phantasy Star Online was Dreamcast only and easy as heck to cheat on.

Last edited by raxadian,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have had Sims 4 installed on my laptop for months, with all expansion packs, and never once played it.

Is it even worth it? I LOVED Sims 2 and 3, and played both to the point where there was pretty much nothing left to do that I hadn't done already, multiple times. Even played them on DS and 3DS. Even the shitty Castaway on PSP. Big fan, but have never actually been able to bring myself to get sunk into Sims 4.

Should I even bother with it?
Even with nVMe drives, Sims 4 is HUGE (with expansions, of course) and takes forever to load the game in some cases. (Either that, or my friend is just really dumb and shouldn't own a computer, lol.)

• Haha
Reactions: k7ra

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even with nVMe drives, Sims 4 is HUGE (with expansions, of course) and takes forever to load the game in some cases. (Either that, or my friend is just really dumb and shouldn't own a computer, lol.)
he is dumb...
I have TS4 with all expansion, all game pack but one, all stuff pack, and a few kits, and loading screen between maps takes about 3-5 seconds
Unless I'm just soooo old (29) that i consider a 3-5 seconds loading screen as short,,,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Sims was good only up until 2, 3 was ok, 4 is utter trash, 5 will be more trash I bet your rear end.
remember windows?
when vista came out, everyone said xp was better
when 7 came out (ok this is exception) everyone said xp was better
when 8 came out, everyone said 7 was better
when 10 came out (another exception :D) everyone said 7 was better
when 11 came out, everyone said 10 was better

Well, it was exactly the same with the sims, and I speak from knowledge for having browsed lot of sims forum back then

When TS3 came out, everyone said TS2 was better
When TS4 came out, everyone said TS3 was better

People whine for whining, please stfu

Reactions: AWESOMEGAMER

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
remember windows?

Well, it was exactly the same with the sims, and I speak from knowledge for having browsed lot of sims forum back then

100% the same

• Haha
Reactions: AWESOMEGAMER

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
remember windows?

It was the opposite before XP though, nobody thought Win ME was better than XP :lol:

Reactions: Noctosphere

termico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
remember windows?

after windows 98, every other release is good,(or maybe the one before was soo bad that the new one looked good).

For the The Sims, every release is a side step. Make some things good, others bad.

About the loading time, yes it is fast if you don't use many mods, if you go to that rabbit hole, the loading take an exponentially longer times.

Reactions: Noctosphere

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after windows 98, every other release is good,(or maybe the one before was soo bad that the new one looked good).

For the The Sims, every release is a side step. Make some things good, others bad.

About the loading time, yes it is fast if you don't use many mods, if you go to that rabbit hole, the loading take an exponentially longer times.
I've heard about the CC making loading screen longer, but I dont have this problem while still having lot of CC
(i7-11700k helps though...)

Reactions: termico

termico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've heard about the CC making loading screen longer, but I dont have this problem while still having lot of CC
(i7-11700k helps though...)
Well, my cpu is good (R7 5600x), but a potato as gpu (gti 1050 ti), and a trimmed folder of 25GB of mods only.
When i started i got about the same loading time, but now it is visibly longer. Given that i saw people with over 100GB of mod folder, i think the loading can take a while if you have a full modded city.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not known if the pirated version of the playtest will be made available online.
Probably already is, in underground places like the Dark Web (I don't recommend finding out, though!). Publicly and openly? Maybe in the future, or in chat forums like Discord and Reddit, but I don't see a Sims 5 mod appearing pn GitHub as a free download unless they take out the game assets - even then, it might go down with YouTube-DL as piracy.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
remember windows?

his actually right 4 is utter trash on it's own. the only and i stress ONLY reason to play it now is because of WW. it's garbage on it's own. they were on thre right track with 3 the open world expect was awesome it had actual drivable cars and you could go to stores and buy stuff and take it home and even run your own proper store. but nope they got rid of all that and instead gave us basically the sims 2 with smaller neighborhoods and all the good stuff ripped out and re-added in overpriced expansions. and i expect 5 to be over 9000 times worse.

Reactions: ZeroFX

Lazyt

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
i remember when Sims 3 got leaked and it was so bugged (coz it was an unfinished version) that every time you called for a nanny she would steal your children. :D. Still better than The Sims 4 with all the current DLCs..

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
remember windows?

-No, "everyone" said Vista was a memory leaking hole with poor compatibility.
-No, no one said XP was better for Win 7, because when 7 got out everyone was already installing cracked XP 64bits version because 32bits was aging like fine milk and was struggling like crazy, adding that no one wanted Vista because of a PTSD of its launch they all were waiting for Win7 RC 64 bits to release to be able to enjoy DX10 and Crysis in better condition than on Vista (And that the time 7 got out Vista already was patched like crazy with a solid SP1)
-No, when 8 came out everyone freaked out about the start menu, this slowed the aadoption, and to this day, for exemple, Win8 still have the best file search engine Microsoft ever made, searching stuff in your computer feels like the snapiest shit ever.
-Especially no for this one, when 10 came out it was the Windows with the fastest adoption rate, even more than Win 7; still is the fastest Windows adoption to this day IIRC.
-Again, no, when 11 got released, they had problems with processors compatibility IIRC, so it installed a fear of Win11 in the head of many, it crashed the start of win 11 but no one was stating that 11 was worse than 10, now it's been more than half a year that Win 11 boomed and is getting there slowly, but still got a decent adoption rate for such a rough start.

When Sims 3 came out, no one said S2 was better, it was more like a "aw shit here we go again" to again having to rebuy everything and getting a "dull" Sims 3 compared to the full of expansion Sims 2, I bought Sims 3 day 1 right after Sims 2 day one and when playing, Sims 3 really felt like a great new installement full of new stuff and a AMAZING open world.

Reactions: ZeroFX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: