Gaming The surge costs sixty dollars for 5.5 gigabytes???? Is this a fucking joke????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol, from gameplay to graphics and now giga bytes. What's next up that defines a "good" game? How cool the company name sounds? :D

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Okami is only 2.9 gig and costed 60 quid when new.
New super mario bros Wii is only 250 MB and costed 60 quid when new.

You really should stop believing gigabytes = money.

Reactions: VinsCool

jsa

Trophies
Website
muffinti.me
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Size doesn't matter.
Case in point: Mac OS X macOS needs only 5 to 6 gigabytes of disk space - wouldn't most say it's a much better OS than Windows Vista which takes up around 12? (Both figures once fully installed)

Reactions: Procyon

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
lol, from gameplay to graphics and now giga bytes. What's next up that defines a "good" game? How cool the company name sounds? :D
2/10 stars game, the graphics are so realistic it look like the game was made in 2019, audio so clear it looks like it was recorded on the moon, but takes a fucking 5 minutes to load

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need to open your eyes to thee real trash out there. I mean hey, have you seen the newest Harvest Moon game? £25! That's like $30! And what do you get for that!? 80MB!? What a joke! It's not even a real Harvest Moon game!

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Man, what a time we live in that games that are several gigabytes are tiny, and those with gameplay of under a month are short.

I feel like Bill Gates saying no one's ever gonna need more than 640k RAM

Reactions: jsa

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
2.) Since the game is short most likely there is no replay-ability after beating the game
Where do you gain that conclusion from? The Mega Man series is one of my favorite series and each one for me at least is like an hour at most and I've replayed them a ton of times.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Let's not blame the guy, I think he just meant that 5.5GB looked a bit small for all the content he was supposed to get, so it was either there wasn't that much of content or it was missing some of the data. Thing is it doesn't really work that way, like many said, compression rates can explain that, and big size =/= more content. A bigger size can mean a lot of things (high res textures, bad compression rate, etc...) but it's clearly not an indication of quality.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Is this some sort of joke?

OP might be a troll in disguise.

Also, there are other games that are far smaller (in size) and cost around half the price. I know a lot of PC games that are around 500MB - 1GB in size and cost anywhere between 15.99 and 29.99 and they are some of the best games I've played in a long time.
Game size =/= Game Quality

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess minecraft should be gifted fo free then and should have a ridiculous playing time looking to the size...

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the xbox store it says the game costs sixty dollars and its 5.5 gigabytes. For fuck sake I hope its a typo and instead the game is suppose to be 55 gigabytes.
I guess you never played any game considered retro, or even a 3DS game, or Wii games. Or most Wii U games. Or indie games. Or dos games, etc.

Reactions: AmandaRose

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Don't make me give you examples of shitty games that are over 20-30+ GBs now. Don't you dare make me. Please, think before you type. I thought size mattered(god end me) when I was like 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpxvzFnWCu0