• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The U.S. is more dangerously divided than any other wealthy democracy. Is there a way back from the brink? (Yascha Mounk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there actually was one? Sure, why not. I’m pretty sure it would sour international relationships should said uprising lose. For the record, when the United States rebelled against King George, Poles supported the founding fathers. Tadeusz Kościuszko was one of the more famous foreign Revolutionary War generals - he sailed over to the newfound States in 1776 along with a contingent of soldiers and enlisted with the Continental Army as a colonel, he was quickly promoted to Brigadier General. He was originally tasked with fortifying and defending the Delaware river, there’s a statue at Fort Billington commemorating his contributions to the war effort.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tadeusz_Kościuszko

There’s also general Kazimierz Pułaski, who’s considered the “father of American cavalry”. The title alone says it all as far as his contributions are concerned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_Pulaski

The government at the time didn’t take an official stance (on account of more relevant troubles at home), but individual military men spared no expense supporting the revolution against who they perceived to be an unjust king.
Maybe you should report it then.

The conversation ends here. You can all act like grown-ups and move along or you can test your luck some more - that would be ill-advised.
Thank you for the snip. This should be a forum where we can openly exchange ideas without personal attacks.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I DID report it and contacted a moderator, which is exactly what we are supposed to do. You just got done issuing a warning about this to everyone on the thread, and the behavior continued. I am doing exactly what the rules say.
There was no report at the time of writing my reply. There was one afterwards, and was acted upon. For the record, you can just make a report - you don’t have to announce it to the world that you did.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will find that it was plenty fixed before you added your two cents.

Can we act like adults now?
This is one of the reasons I wish that when you blocked someone here, they couldn't see YOUR posts, either. It would solve at least a few problems.

I like your style, though. At least you treat everyone the same. Good form.

Reactions: Foxi4

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will find that it was plenty fixed before you added your two cents.

Can we act like adults now?
My post was fiiiiiiiine, the guy's said it plenty of times in the past to other members. The instant he gets a joke about his ideology back, he cries wolf. Sad! Won't survive the winter! Low energy!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is one of the reasons I wish that when you blocked someone here, they couldn't see YOUR posts, either. It would solve at least a few problems.

I like your style, though. At least you treat everyone the same. Good form.
My post was fiiiiiiiine, the guy's said it plenty of times in the past to other members. The instant he gets a joke about his ideology back, he cries wolf. Sad! Won't survive the winter! Low energy!
I’m gonna institute levels of gender equality like you both ain’t ever seen if you don’t kiss and make up, then I’ll show how good my form is. B-)

In any case… division in American politics, yes?

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m gonna institute levels of gender equality like you both ain’t ever seen if you don’t kiss and make up, then I’ll show how good my form is. B-)

Part and parcel to the conversation, played out in living color.

When you decide that someone is your enemy, you disregard every single other possible facet or aspect of their character or person.

This is why there can't be any true lasting peace in America as long as we are a two-party system where each side demonizes the other and associates only the absolutely worst possible features with each opposing side.

There are good Republicans and Democrats. The extremists, though, are the ones who make the most noise and get the most coverage. Extremism comes in many forms, but all of them have one thing in common.

Intolerance.

No one who is that zealously, fanatically devoted to any specific ideology will ever reach across the aisle, or even try to make any compromise. It is the dictionary defiinition of a bigot.

To hold an idea so firmly that one refuses to even entertain or consider any idea to the contrary.

There are a lot of people like that, here, today, on this thread. Funnily, many of them are demanding the same tolerance they absolutely refuse to grant to others.

Which is why I am a Libertarian. "Leave me the fuck alone, and I will leave you the fuck alone". Everyone is happy.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The left thrive on division. Even in my thread about topics we can agree on, they go on there just to push division. They literally cannot help themselves.

In @CraddaPoosta 's defense, when Laina "quotes" you, they always change what you wrote to mean something you did not intend for it to mean. I wish the forum would lock comments so they can't be altered in replies. I don't like blocking people, but changing my words is inexcusable.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm saying that the source does not seem reliable. Oh and it isnt just one source, if you look at the screenshot you can see that it cites 5 sources just for the claim that it is white supremacist.
Just to resolve this thread of the conversation, Susan Rosenberg was indeed charged in the Washington Bombings case for aiding and abetting multiple bombings between 1983 and 1984, as well as supplying the group with firearms and getaway cars. Us common folk must say that those crimes are alleged, but considering she was arrested *while in possession of explosives* (750lbs of them, I might add) you can draw your own conclusions. Some of those charges were dropped as part of a plea bargain. Her sentence was commuted by Bill Clinton in 2001. The U.S. doesn’t really apply the moniker of domestic terrorist to its citizens, but considering the crimes she was allegedly involved in, the description is apt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Rosenberg

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The left thrive on division. Even in my thread about topics we can agree on, they go on there just to push division. They literally cannot help themselves.

In @CraddaPoosta 's defense, when Laina "quotes" you, they always change what you wrote to mean something you did not intend for it to mean. I wish the forum would lock comments so they can't be altered in replies. I don't like blocking people, but changing my words is inexcusable.
THIS. ALL DAY.

Worse, in most places, they know they can get away with saying things that if anyone on the right or the conservative side said, they would IMMEDIATELY be lambasted for, at the least, and cancelled or moderated, suspended or banned, at worst.

Look at Twitter. Look at how many people are either leaving, or threatening to, tearfully, because their leftist playground is finally getting a hall monitor during recess.

It's like a fucking chihuahua locked in a hot car with the window barely cracked, yapping until it's frothy. Then, when the cops show up, YOU get arrested for trying to convince it to calm down before it passes out from heat exhaustion. That's what dealing with liberals is like.

It isn't the point that they are completely powerless, and even if they COULD get through that window, they could only nip you a little bit. It's the hate and the aggression. The sense of self-righteousness. Hiding behind authority when just screaming at the top of their lungs doesn't work.

And the icing on the cake is how mad they get when you use the same exact tactics on them, by running to tell the teacher.

Case in point. Quod erat demonstrandum. Cheers.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
The left thrive on division. Even in my thread about topics we can agree on, they go on there just to push division. They literally cannot help themselves
I am going to say what am I going to say. and then I'm going to leave.

If it was true the actual left thrived on "division" why is it:
1. They actively fight for peoples rights (see blacks, see other repressed groups due to laws. Racism didn't magically fade away. It never really has. It just can't be nearly as open)
2. The only fight they want to have is:
Get rid of the rich.
And punch Nazi's in the face.

And unlike the right. The left is pretty damn well educated on what a Nazi is. It's just really fucking terrible that there's a fascist movement. Which is dividing people. Have a bucket list of that:

1.Anti-muslim rehstoric
2.Anti-trans rhetoric (300 trans bills
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...posed-306-bills-targeting-trans-people-past-2)
3. Anti-sememtism
4.anti-lgbtq
5.xenophobic (see both Texas and Florida migrant ordeals)
6. Authoritarianly against the choice to have an abortion. (You know, asking Facebook or other companies for people's information so you can arrest them for going to another state to get an abortion is totally normal and in no shape or form or way genuinely big brotheresk)
7. Actively wanting a civil war and attempting a coup.
8. constantly announcing the left is the cause all problems despite the fact the actual left isn't in power, ie middle right party has.
9. Actively continuing to support laws that are not democratic, or not wanting to get rid of the electoral collage in place of a (ranked) popular vote.
10. Remember the "war on Christmas"
Yeah I do. They didn't do it this year. But they lost their mind over "happy holidays"
And making bogus stories last year.
11. " culture wars!"
12. Anti union
13. Some are still some how fucking against racial marriage equality
14. Actively slandering the person who stopped the club q shooting. Stopping a shooting should be good, period the end. But apparently not enough for right wingers.
15. Often right wingers display the Confederate flag, the one in support of slavery. Which is ironic since they claim a party switch didn't happen. Oops.
Post automatically merged:

Oh right...
16. Attacking power sub stations
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/thre...terial-support-plot-attack-power-grids-united

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/26/physical-attacks-electrical-grid-peak-00075216
Which white supremicist openly said it was their doing. Double oopsie.

I can make the list go on much further.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,
Reactions: Lumstar and smf

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to say what am I going to say. and then I'm going to leave.
If you are just going to leave, then I'm not going to waste my time reading your comment.

And just like I told PrivatePyle the other day. You don't have to announce you are leaving. People are not going to suddenly care more about you.
If it was true the actual left thrived on "division" why is it:
1. They actively fight for peoples rights (see blacks, see other repressed groups due to laws. Racism didn't magically fade away. It never really has. It just can't be nearly as open)
2. The only fight they want to have is:
Get rid of the rich.
And punch Nazi's in the face.

And unlike the right. The left is pretty damn well educated on what a Nazi is. It's just really fucking terrible that there's a fascist movement. Which is dividing people. Have a bucket list of that:

1.Anti-muslim rehstoric
2.Anti-trans rhetoric (300 trans bills
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...posed-306-bills-targeting-trans-people-past-2)
3. Anti-sememtism
4.anti-lgbtq
5.xenophobic (see both Texas and Florida migrant ordeals)
6. Authoritarianly against the choice to have an abortion. (You know, asking Facebook or other companies for people's information so you can arrest them for going to another state to get an abortion is totally normal and in no shape or form or way genuinely big brotheresk)
7. Actively wanting a civil war and attempting a coup.
8. constantly announcing the left is the cause all problems despite the fact the actual left isn't in power, ie middle right party has.
9. Actively continuing to support laws that are not democratic, or not wanting to get rid of the electoral collage in place of a (ranked) popular vote.
10. Remember the "war on Christmas"
Yeah I do. They didn't do it this year. But they lost their mind over "happy holidays"
And making bogus stories last year.
11. " culture wars!"
12. Anti union
13. Some are still some how fucking against racial marriage equality
14. Actively slandering the person who stopped the club q shooting. Stopping a shooting should be good, period the end. But apparently not enough for right wingers.
15. Often right wingers display the Confederate flag, the one in support of slavery. Which is ironic since they claim a party switch didn't happen. Oops.

Oh right...
16. Attacking power sub stations
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/thre...terial-support-plot-attack-power-grids-united

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/26/physical-attacks-electrical-grid-peak-00075216
Which white supremicist openly said it was their doing. Double oopsie.

I can make the list go on much further.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by smf,

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Look, if people are gonna be mad at me for anything I say or do, I'm gonna have fun with it >:^)

America's division is a class thing, through and through. The working class is divided between two schools of thought, the idea that workers own the fruits of their labor, and the idea that the ruling class owns it all because some books and agreements say so. At the end of the day that's all this nonsense is. All of the dressup shit about progressive vs regressive is just a smokescreen for the fact that our division stems 100% objectively from ultrawealthy, dead weight pieces of shit who want society to exclusively favor them and never take away what they're hoarding unethically.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tru...war-flying-confederate-flag/story?id=71656456
1672379978900.png

1672380001868.png

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-confederate-idUSKCN24K0I0
Article headline: Trump says Confederate flag proud symbol of U.S. South

Unless you want to tell me waving a flag that represented the side of slavery, in the same breath as a right wing president is not in support of slavery, and it's somehow a happen chance.
Like defending Charlottesville and saying there was good sides on both sides when the rhetoric openly called back to either the nazi's or KKK. I think it was leaning on the nazi's since they had a slogan saying "jews won't replace us" that they chanted.

Oh Right
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...ke-says-of-course-trump-voters-are-his-voters
headline
"Former KKK Leader David Duke Says 'Of Course' Trump Voters Are His Voters"

Tl:dr
Yes sir, The confederates were conservative... If they weren't, why would they still fight racial marriage equality. have both trump (a representive of the Republican party, which is conservative), and the confederate flag(representation of slavery) together.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People on your side having a tantrum about things that didn't happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spitting_Image
I guess I'll just ignore all of the videos I've seen showing leftists spitting on soldiers. Not to mention my dad's friends coming back from Vietnam telling their first hand accounts of being spat on.
The confederates were conservative...
I guess George Wallace was a conservative too, lol. Woodrow Wilson? FDR? Lyndon Johnson? The segregationists that Biden hung out with for decades? Robert Byrd? The Great Party Switch of *insert year here* never happened. It was a media lie. In fact, the political parties didn't even have official colors until the media decided on their own to make Republicans red and Democrats blue. Before, the colors would switch for each election.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
guys how do i untag threads?
There should be a “…” icon at the top of the thread - click it, then find the “Unwatch” option. Sadly, you can’t actually “unwatch” what you’ve witnessed, we don’t have the technology for that yet, but it *will* stop the notifications.

4A9EF665-DF64-4AC1-8525-715BF1706B54.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol