• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The U.S. is more united than any other wealthy democracy. Is there a way to cut through the media lies and manipulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderPatTX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jan 6, peak cancel culture, shows exactly how united we are.
Don't let a minority try and tell you we aren't united.

All we have to do is find things we agree on and build from there.

I think we can all agree that lobbyists are scum. That is our starting point.

Now we can move on to another easy one. Citizens United needs to be reversed. Corporations have too much power in the United States, especially since complete industries are merging into fewer and fewer companies. Look at the number of airlines there are, food distributers, insurance, tech and auto companies.

With so few companies, the government has taken advantage and started having these corporations spy on us and censor what we say and what we can see. The less companies we have competing for our business, the less corporate boards the government needs to control. Look at how many "former" FBI and CIA agents work in Big Tech and in the legacy media.

Reactions: Snintendog

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't help that leftists thrive on division. The sole reason that you are commenting here is to gloat that leftists thrive on division.
The right keeps spewing stupid conspiracy bullshit, hatespeech, racial slurs, and Nazi rhetoric. The rest of us normal folks don't want anything to do with that crap, so of course we don't want to be associated with you guys.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The right keeps spewing stupid conspiracy bullshit, hatespeech, racial slurs, and Nazi rhetoric. The rest of us normal folks don't want anything to do with that crap, so of course we don't want to be associated with you guys.

not only are all of those things true of the left, and only the left, but the fact you were conned into believing that shows the failure in our country .

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"Can't you see you're being divisive by not tolerating all my divisive bullshit?!"

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
not only are all of those things true of the left, and only the left, but the fact you were conned into believing that shows the failure in our country .
I see it in my own Facebook feed, for fuck's sake... what do you mean conned? 🤣 You need to wake the hell up and look around without the Trump glasses on.
Post automatically merged:

"Can't you see you're being divisive by not tolerating all my divisive bullshit?!"
"So much for the tolerant left!" they say, as if we're supposed to just swallow their fascist bullshit unquestioned. 🙄

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see it in my own Facebook feed, for fuck's sake... what do you mean conned? 🤣 You need to wake the hell up and look around without the Trump glasses on.

"So much for the tolerant left!" they say, as if we're supposed to just swallow their fascist bullshit unquestioned. 🙄

*tries to use facebook to rationalize a point, cant smell bullshit when they are sitting it*

checks out.

TraderPatTX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I have right-wing friends that follow the MAGA cult.
So I guess I can put you down for a supporter of lobbyists and corporations. Wouldn't want you to be associated with any fascist or racist ideas.

Better yet, how about if you just take your childish name calling to another thread. The adults are having a conversation in here.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So I guess I can put you down for a supporter of lobbyists and corporations. Wouldn't want you to be associated with any fascist or racist ideas.

Better yet, how about if you just take your childish name calling to another thread. The adults are having a conversation in here.
Name calling? Since when is the truth a bad thing? And I hate big corporations. I fight for those of us on the bottom getting fucked by those on the top. I will always fight for humanity over profits. Pull your head outta your ass.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Name calling? Since when is the truth a bad thing? And I hate big corporations. I fight for those of us on the bottom getting fucked by those on the top. I will always fight for humanity over profits. Pull your head outta your ass.

so then you are self hating maga?

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, all us normal people (lefties) can't stand the MAGA idiots. Even some on the right see how nuts they are.

i still havent gotten a source on anything yet, the only info i have is the article about one of your guys handing butt plugs out to kids in a school

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to opposite land, you were sent here by an orange thief.

i still havent gotten a source on anything yet, the only info i have is the article about one of your guys handing butt plugs out to kids in a school
You know there are pedophiles and sexual deviants in both parties right? And it's a common ploy among pedophiles to distract from their crimes by exposing other pedophiles.

You gotta wonder just what all those republicans are up to, when they create this mass hysteria. It's got to be really bad for them to go to all this effort.

Don't let a minority try and tell you we aren't united.

All we have to do is find things we agree on and build from there.
The whole Trump disaster only happened because he realized that people were hungry for division.

Last edited by smf,
  • Angry

TraderPatTX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you hate big corporations, that means you agree with me. What's with your hateful racist, fascist rhetoric?

This is a quote from you, right?

I'm trying to save you from getting involved with the MAGA cult, so you must be pro lobbyist and pro big corporation.

"Guys, guys, why can't people just accept my bullshit!"-- @TraderPatTX
Hey look, the guy who thinks everybody who disagrees with him is a Nazi. Nice of you to drop by. I take it since you think I'm a racist, transphobic fascist, that I can put you down as pro lobbyist and pro corporation also?

I'd hate for all of you leftists to be forced to agree with the literal reincarnation of Hitler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI