• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The U.S. is more dangerously divided than any other wealthy democracy. Is there a way back from the brink? (Yascha Mounk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the problem has to do with social media and the internet as a whole bringing out the absolute worst in people, and that includes their "die on their hill" political stance. in a normal setting, I interact with right-leaning people without a problem, despite having largely different opinions on the way the world works.
I've thought about this a lot, and by nature of the internet, we have to fill in the blanks since we aren't interacting in person.

I feel fairly confident this is similar to how we act with drivers on the road, as well. We seem to 'thingify' people when we can't actually interact with them, and we're very adept at convincing ourselves we are correct about the initial blanks we fill. We can't really have world views without making some assumptions, leaps of faith, and then testing all of it - which is hard to do when we're all naturally inclined to be somewhat stubborn.

Reactions: mituzora

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitions and a country divided are two different things. At least the "leftists" aren't getting bent out of shape for some nuanced changes in a definition.
Nuanced = this definition doesn't work with the propaganda so it must me changed immediately. And if you use the old definition, you're a fascist transphobe who eats kittens.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nuanced = this definition doesn't work with the propaganda so it must me changed immediately. And if you use the old definition, you're a fascist transphobe who eats kittens.
Does it bother you that words are fabricated? Because you really seem like it does.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but no one laughs. Not even you do lmao
Most of the time I feel sorry for you. I wonder, is this person really like this irl? I seriously doubt it, but it wouldn't surprise me. That's why you come on here and say lame things and have to put lmao at the end of your comments to signify that this comment is supposed to be funny to all your NPC friends.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the time I feel sorry for you. I wonder, is this person really like this irl? I seriously doubt it, but it wouldn't surprise me. That's why you come on here and say lame things and have to put lmao at the end of your comments to signify that this comment is supposed to be funny to all your NPC friends.
we are now at the stage of discourse where you are irrationally upset by four characters

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we are now at the stage of discourse where you are irrationally upset by four characters
You assuming my emotional state day in and day out is peak arrogance. You act like you know me when in reality you don't. I'd appreciate it if you stop acting like you do.

With the extra brain power gained by not concerning yourself trying to guess my emotional state, you might be able to piece together a coherent argument for once.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You assuming my emotional state day in and day out is peak arrogance. You act like you know me when in reality you don't. I'd appreciate it if you stop acting like you do.

With the extra brain power gained by not concerning yourself trying to guess my emotional state, you might be able to piece together a coherent argument for once.
oh, so it's okay for you to act like lefties are bent out of shape and salty for the dumbest of reasons but it's not okay to be called out for the same behavior.

man you're hypocritical as hell, talking about how it's only okay for leftists and shit to do things, but then turn around and get butthurt when someone calls you out for the same thing. grow up dude.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, so it's okay for you to act like lefties are bent out of shape and salty for the dumbest of reasons but it's not okay to be called out for the same behavior.

man you're hypocritical as hell, talking about how it's only okay for leftists and shit to do things, but then turn around and get butthurt when someone calls you out for the same thing. grow up dude.
It would be a lot easier to take you seriously if you called out the lefties here for bad behavior, but we all know why you don't.

You need to remember, this is all just banter, nothing more. Nobody here needs a knight in shining armor to come save them from the "big bad fascist guy" here.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be a lot easier to take you seriously if you called out the lefties here for bad behavior, but we all know why you don't.

You need to remember, this is all just banter, nothing more. Nobody here needs a knight in shining armor to come save them from the "big bad fascist guy" here.
no, you're right, they don't need a "knight in shining armor" because they can hold their own no problem. I'm not here to support them, they can do that just fine, I'm here to call you out on your ungodly hypocritical behavior.

I personally never called you a fascist. so thanks for putting those words in my mouth. oh wait, you're making generalizations and lumping me in with the rest of the lefties, aren't you. You're pretty keen on that.

I'd take you a lot more personally if you weren't so fast to jump to logical fallacies when you want to argue, and roundabout bullshit. but instead of arguing a logical point, you'll turn around and ask a question entirely left field (such as asking someone to define things) then turn around and act like that has something to do with the topic at hand.

anyways, this has just become a bashful off-topic back and forth, so I'm out.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you're right, they don't need a "knight in shining armor" because they can hold their own no problem. I'm not here to support them, they can do that just fine, I'm here to call you out on your ungodly hypocritical behavior.

I personally never called you a fascist. so thanks for putting those words in my mouth. oh wait, you're making generalizations and lumping me in with the rest of the lefties, aren't you. You're pretty keen on that.

I'd take you a lot more personally if you weren't so fast to jump to logical fallacies when you want to argue, and roundabout bullshit. but instead of arguing a logical point, you'll turn around and ask a question entirely left field (such as asking someone to define things) then turn around and act like that has something to do with the topic at hand.

anyways, this has just become a bashful off-topic back and forth, so I'm out.
Sorry if I offended your sensibilities by lumping you with a group of people that you obviously identify with and defend here.

I never said you called me a fascist, but most of your lefty friends here have because they have weak arguments. You only imagined that I said you called me fascist. That's on you.

Every one of your comments paints a nice pretty picture of why we are divided as a country. I never spoke to you ever and you start off by attacking me. That is entirely on you too. And then you end with this hit-and-run saying that you are out after spending multiple comments literally screaming at me like I took your toy away.

Here's some words of advice. Grow up. Learn to talk to people. And try to not be so emotional in public. You'll get further in life like that.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I offended your sensibilities by lumping you with a group of people that you obviously identify with and defend here.

I never said you called me a fascist, but most of your lefty friends here have because they have weak arguments. You only imagined that I said you called me fascist. That's on you.

Every one of your comments paints a nice pretty picture of why we are divided as a country. I never spoke to you ever and you start off by attacking me. That is entirely on you too. And then you end with this hit-and-run saying that you are out after spending multiple comments literally screaming at me like I took your toy away.

Here's some words of advice. Grow up. Learn to talk to people. And try to not be so emotional in public. You'll get further in life like that.

I think you're projecting there bud.

the practical left only cares about their rights not being infringed upon because of some old fucks who can't let go of the past and adapt to the ever changing world around them.

Federal rights protect shit that would otherwise, be removed at the state's discretion. and giving access to gay couples to legally get married is one of those rights. otherwise, they wouldn't be able to legally get married and get all of the benefits of being a married couple in many states.

also inb4 move away; moving is expensive, neigh impossible for many people, especially the people that would be affected by the repeal of federal amendments.

Sounds like you decided to attack me first; quoted is my first post in this thread. oh wait, saying you're projecting is a personal attack I guess....

Nobody is screaming here. again, sounds like you're projecting.

Here's some words of advice: Take your own advice. Grow Up, learn how to speak to people, instead of bashing people with different opinions, and try not to be so emotional in public when they call you out.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you decided to attack me first; quoted is my first post in this thread. oh wait, saying you're projecting is a personal attack I guess....

Nobody is screaming here. again, sounds like you're projecting.

Here's some words of advice: Take your own advice. Grow Up, learn how to speak to people, instead of bashing people with different opinions, and try not to be so emotional in public when they call you out.
I thought you were out? Why are you still here?

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have never heard anyone who is extremely secure say something like "Y-YOU DON'T KNOW MY EMOTIONAL STATE" lmaoooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/osTeKSTvtC8?si=MdOZMg5EvnWCAvmz