• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The U.S. is more dangerously divided than any other wealthy democracy. Is there a way back from the brink? (Yascha Mounk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's just a statement of fact. I say likely because basing off of evidence that is not yet proven, but using evidence relating to the subject to infer what it would be.

To explain what I mean. We don't know what every persons opinion is, left or right leaning. However, we can infer by just one major proven factor
population density. In more dense areas, people are more left leaning. There's more people living in cities than rual areas. As result, likely being left leaning just under that one correlation.
However, while it is a inference, that doesn't make it fact. Because if I said "most people are left leaning" that would be factually wrong. Hence the probability statement thrown in. Making it factual to say. There's not much to prove other wise.

now why your getting so bent out of shape over the term "likely" and not explaining why, well, I got a few guess as to why.
"statement of fact"

"likely"

OMFG :rofl2:
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
"statement of fact"

"likely"

OMFG :rofl2:
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
Wow that is sure whole lot of cope.
If a weighted coin was designed to land on tails more frequently than heads. It would be a statement of fact to say "it's likely to land on tails"
Me saying "it's likely most people are left leaning because of population density"
Is also a statement a fact.
Saying that the the coin WILL land on tails is not a statement a fact. Because the coin can still land on heads, just very unlikely. Same for my statement. It would be wrong to say "most people are left leaning"
Because the actual result is unproven. And thus a very small chance to be wrong. A already small chance decreasing but never reaching 0 as population density in a area increases.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I saw the definitions and and false narrative comments and interpreted that as a rejection of:

Adjusting our view on gender from purely physical in regards to sex, to cultural or attitudinal characteristics distinctive to the sexes.

For sake of argument though, would you accept or reject this change in view of gender?

*Edited for clarity
People can do whatever they want as long as they aren't bothering me or harming others. Taking kids to drag strip bars is harmful. Talking to kindergarteners about sex is harmful and creepy. Telling kids to hide it from their parents screams of stranger danger. Forcing other people to talk in a strange way so they can feel good about themselves is peak privilege. Assigning unwanted labels like Latinx is colonization, especially since the group that it labels hates it with a 90%+ majority.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You asked me why I was still here, so I left. You @'d me so, here I am. but on the subject of changing people's quotes, you both did it, but when she did it back to you, you got super bent out of shape, don't dish out what you can't take yourself. How is this hypocritical when you both did it to each other, so in that regard, neither of you are better than one or the other. At this point, you two are just going back and forth with each other. Let me ask you this, why is it hypocritical when she does it, but it's okay when you do it? are you willing to call yourself a hypocrite for doing the same thing? Not bashing here, a legitimate question. I do think quote changing and then bashing each other over nothing is childish on both fronts.

You're RIght, I am going to say something, because you asked me to define woman, and then got bent out of shape when I said assumptions are okay, assuming you were attempting to make a point. If you don't care about people calling themselves different genders, that's kinda not okay, but it's your provocative, and it's not that big of a problem as long as you aren't being a dick about it. You don't have to accept something to tolerate it, and please if there is someone using a gender reassignment as to justify problematic behaviors., by all means, call them out, because that causes problems for the people who really do feel like a different gender. They're the reason why there's so many people who have problems with gender reassignment as a whole, and frankly I have issues with it too. I personally accept people going by a different gender than assigned at birth, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to call them out for being a toxic person.

I'd gladly talk to you in a regular, non heated conversation. But when you get heated yourself, it's hard for me to have said conversation. Hopefully I've made that clear with my interactions with you outside of the political posts. My first post on this thread was not heated, minus the "microaggression" of stating that you were projecting. You don't want me to come at you heated? don't reply back to me with a heated response and then questioning a bunch of definitions to fit your narrative of bad left people not being able to make definitions. Sorry if you don't think I can't have a logical conversation with you.

back on the subject, I agree with you, this is why the country is so divided, because no matter what side you're on, one person can say something the opposite of your beliefs, and the other person immediately sees red, starts bashing, and refuses to listen. I definitely know I am guilty of this too. I think this is exasperated with the last decade of social media addiction and algorithms built to push the hateful rhetoric. honestly if we met in person, we'd probably get along just fine as I get along just fine with people that have completely differing opinions to my own, but for some reason the internet likes to take those opinions and turn them to 11.

edit: back on the gender subject; there's a really good episode of South Park called the Death camp for Tolerance which addresses this to an extent. It's still pretty topical and I think it's incredibly important to watch for both sides. If you haven't seen it, It's an amazing episode and I would advise you to watch through it if you want.
If you read further in history, you would have seen that @LainaGabranth changed my words first, but I guess you were too lazy to do even that.

The rest I didn't read, because sometimes I too, am lazy.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read further in history, you would have seen

The rest I didn't read, because I am lazy.
:^)

The difference between you and me is that you don't know how forums work and get mad at fictional understandings of honor while I, a based DBL don't give a shit about your feelings. Reality > your emotions

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm going to assume you accept this, then:
Adjusting our view on gender from purely physical in regards to sex, to cultural or attitudinal characteristics distinctive to the sexes.

If that's the case, then we both are in agreement on what we mean by gender, so that helps us get some footing.

So now I feel like I can work with this and look at what you object to in regards to the Trans community as a whole.
People can do whatever they want as long as they aren't bothering me or harming others.
Might sound obvious at first, but what do we mean by 'bothering me or harming others.'?

I understand what you're going for by then following this up with acts you deem harmful that you object to, but I'm trying to get what's in your head into mine, so I'm interested in where you draw those lines objectively (or as close as we can get) in addition to that.

As for this:
Taking kids to drag strip bars is harmful. Talking to kindergarteners about sex is harmful and creepy. Telling kids to hide it from their parents screams of stranger danger. Forcing other people to talk in a strange way so they can feel good about themselves is peak privilege. Assigning unwanted labels like Latinx is colonization, especially since the group that it labels hates it with a 90%+ majority.
What do you believe caused these?

Last edited by appleburger,

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read further in history, you would have seen that @LainaGabranth changed my words first, but I guess you were too lazy to do even that.

The rest I didn't read, because sometimes I too, am lazy.
alright, way to act like a child there. you sound like a sibling bickering over spilled milk.

you literally sound like a petty brat that is pissed that their sibling isn't getting yelled at. way to prove that you can't take anything in a serious manner on these forums. You're not here to argue logic, you're just here to stir up the pot.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, way to act like a child there. you sound like a sibling bickering over spilled milk.

you literally sound like a petty brat that is pissed that their sibling isn't getting yelled at. way to prove that you can't take anything in a serious manner on these forums. You're not here to argue logic, you're just here to stir up the pot.
I asked her politely to refrain from changing my words. She continues to this day. Now I just ignore her as she is nothing but a petty troll.

Let me know when you tell her these exact words. I'd be interested to see how far you get.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm going to assume you accept this, then:

If that's the case, then we both are in agreement on what we mean by gender, so that helps us get some footing.

So now I feel like I can work with this and look at what you object to in regards to the Trans community as a whole.

Might sound obvious at first, but what do we mean by 'bothering me or harming others.'?

I understand what you're going for by then following this up with acts you deem harmful that you object to, but I'm trying to get what's in your head into mine, so I'm interested in where you draw those lines objectively (or as close as we can get) in addition to that.

As for this:

What do you believe caused these?
I explained it in my comment.

Don't make me use weird words and definitely do not try to cancel me when I refuse. That's straight up fascist.

Quit trying to get kids to take puberty blockers and irreversibly alter their bodies with surgery. Kids still believe in Santa Clause, they already live in a fantasy land and not able to make life changing decisions.

Quit letting men take over women's sports. It is physically unfair and robs women of potential scholarships.

Quit talking to kindergartners about sex and telling them to keep it from their parents. It's creepy as hell and screams of stranger danger.

Stupid suburban wine moms who crave attention because their husbands are spending nights with their mistresses. Dave Chappelle also summed it up pretty nicely in his "controversial" Netflix special.

These are really pretty simple concepts and should be noncontroversial. They used to be not many years ago.

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I explained it in my comment.
I didn't get across what I meant, then - I'll try and re-phrase:

I meant specifically, what do you think is causing that list of things to happen? They're related, right? So I'm offering to clear up the ambiguity to get me closer to how you think about this.

Example, if we were talking about Nazis, I could list out things Nazis have done that I object to, but we can then go a step further and list why they felt justified doing those things. It's why we bring up Marxism, communism, etc. when we talk about them, right? We're highlighting the fundamental issue - it helps explain the flawed thinking, and from there the reasoning takes care of the rest. Otherwise, you give Nazi defenders in this case, an opportunity to list out other aspects of Nazi-ism that aren't so bad, or a counter list of justifications, and you can do that all day long.

I'm interested in understanding what you believe is causing the lists you gave in regards to the trans community, because listing them together in your post strongly suggests you believe there's a common thread.

If you're not sure, that's fine, too - but it reads like you're suggesting these are all expected behavior from any given member of the trans community, I just didn't want to make that assumption.

I promise my goal isn't endless questions, I'm trying to understand your case so we can be on the same page and I can offer counter points where we differ on this.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't get across what I meant, then - I'll try and re-phrase:

I meant specifically, what do you think is causing that list of things to happen? They're related, right? So I'm offering to clear up the ambiguity to get me closer to how you think about this.

Example, if we were talking about Nazis, I could list out things Nazis have done that I object to, but we can then go a step further and list why they felt justified doing those things. It's why we bring up Marxism, communism, etc. when we talk about them, right? We're highlighting the fundamental issue - it helps explain the flawed thinking, and from there the reasoning takes care of the rest. Otherwise, you give Nazi defenders in this case, an opportunity to list out other aspects of Nazi-ism that aren't so bad, or a counter list of justifications, and you can do that all day long.

I'm interested in understanding what you believe is causing the lists you gave in regards to the trans community, because listing them together in your post strongly suggests you believe there's a common thread.

If you're not sure, that's fine, too - but it reads like you're suggesting these are all expected behavior from any given member of the trans community, I just didn't want to make that assumption.

I promise my goal isn't endless questions, I'm trying to understand your case so we can be on the same page and I can offer counter points where we differ on this.
That's easy. The transgender agenda is spread by the state-run media with huge assists from social media and fact checkers. It's how a minority voice seems to be a majority.

They are forced to silence dissenting speech (Libs of TikTok) because their arguments do not hold up. It's interesting that the University of Washington Medicine quietly retracted their study showing that hormone treatments and gender reassignment surgery drastically decreased depression in trans teens. The study was flawed and collapsed when questioned. Parents are actually announcing that their 4 year olds are coming out as trans. That's not an original idea from a 4 year old. That idea was planted there by someone seeking attention.

People with gender dysphoria need psychological help, not irreversible hormone treatments and surgery. My heart goes out to them because they are being lied to.

Why anybody still puts their trust in the media is beyond me. They lie about everything. They are just trying to divide us into smaller and smaller groups so we continually fight each other and ignore their crimes. And we keep falling for it.

Don't worry about asking too many questions. I hope my response clears a few things up for you.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fascism: The complete control of economy, politics, and culture, all under one party in a nation that exalts racial purity and supremacy over all else

What fascism is not: "Hey, you can't just call me slurs for asking you to use different pronouns."

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked her politely to refrain from changing my words. She continues to this day. Now I just ignore her as she is nothing but a petty troll.

Let me know when you tell her these exact words. I'd be interested to see how far you get.
I just think it's funny how mad you get like you think you're owed respect or have any resemblance of honor in a video game forum.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
I go a few days without responding to this shit.
Taking kids to drag strip bars is harmful
Which doesn't happen. We already went over this story. Either the 16 year old knew what was happening (had his phone on him. Could of called the police at any time. Or told his dad something was wrong) and the timeline of events don't make sense from a time perspective.
Moving on from that non story

Talking to kindergarteners about sex is harmful and creepy.
Except nobody does. Unless your (the person arguing) is trying to conflate sex with gender. Talking about gender is fine. We do it all the time. What the fuck do you think pronouns are? Again, only you are the one trying to imply there is some sort of kabal that needs to check everyones pants. Which unironically you seem to support them by refusing to believe gender exists.

That's easy. The transgender agenda is spread by the state-run media
State run?
Really???
Okay trader, last time I checked every fucking news outlet under the sun is run as a corporation. How the fuck would it be state run? Do you even know what that means????

They are forced to silence dissenting speech (Libs of TikTok)
Libs of tiktok was found to actually be intentionally misclipping of people to prove their argument, causing teachers extreme harassment from otherwise mundane boring videos.

So no. It's not just "dissenting speech" it's violent speech towards another group of people design using fake evidence to keep beating a drum against group of minorities. Just like Alex Jones and sandy hook. aka stotastic terrorism.

People with gender dysphoria need psychological help,
That's false. Doctors identified best practices. Most of the time, resolving the issue requires transitioning. So no.
You don't know more than doctors. So please stop trying to rule what they should do.
They already have a damn mess to deal with mother's having to give birth to fetuses with no heads because of your own laws. All because it's still alive. Or doctors afraid to do anything that could look as an abortion due to 10 years of jailtime and 10,000 dollars that they very likely can't pay for. You know. Considering student loan debt.

Why anybody still puts their trust in the media is beyond me.
Why do you continue to trust it? Because trader, you are consuming that media. You just went on to talk about libs of tick tock. Suprise, that's part of the media.

We don't live in a world where just news is the media. Just like the democrats and republicans. Your given two fake options. And so you have rejected one option. And embraced the other fake option.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
They lie about everything. They are just trying to divide us into smaller and smaller groups so we continually fight each other and ignore their crimes.
Okay is that not exactly what you are perpetuating? Think for fuck sake. Your side is constantly attacking. One year it was abortion. Another it was trans. Another year and it was against Mexicans. Another year it was against gay people. And that's just the start.
Edit: what about masks? I already pointed out before but I'll repeat. If we didn't waste our time debating if masks work or not, or your side arguing that hydroxy worked (which it clearly doesn't) we could of spent more time fucking over bill gates and him patenting one of the covid vaccines. Because that is utterly spineless to profit off the need of a vaccine. People died because poorer countries couldn't afford it.
None of those attacks are uniting. NONE. They are dividing.
What do you get in return from these attacks? To you stopped an evil threat. But what else? Did it fix your job? Did it make it so people are less poor? Did it make the rich have less power over us? Did it fix the busted two tier justice system?
Did it make your life easier?
No. None of them do.
Go outside. Unplug.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,
Reactions: Dakitten

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I go a few days without responding to this shit.

Which doesn't happen. We already went over this story. Either the 16 year old knew what was happening (had his phone on him. Could of called the police at any time. Or told his dad something was wrong) and the timeline of events don't make sense from a time perspective.
Moving on from that non story

Except nobody does. Unless your (the person arguing) is trying to conflate sex with gender. Talking about gender is fine. We do it all the time. What the fuck do you think pronouns are? Again, only you are the one trying to imply there is some sort of kabal that needs to check everyones pants. Which unironically you seem to support them by refusing to believe gender exists.

State run?
Really???
Okay trader, last time I checked every fucking news outlet under the sun is run as a corporation. How the fuck would it be state run? Do you even know what that means????

Libs of tiktok was found to actually be intentionally misclipping of people to prove their argument, causing teachers extreme harassment from otherwise mundane boring videos.

So no. It's not just "dissenting speech" it's violent speech towards another group of people design using fake evidence to keep beating a drum against group of minorities. Just like Alex Jones and sandy hook. aka stotastic terrorism.

That's false. Doctors identified best practices. Most of the time, resolving the issue requires transitioning. So no.
You don't know more than doctors. So please stop trying to rule what they should do.
They already have a damn mess to deal with mother's having to give birth to fetuses with no heads because of your own laws. All because it's still alive. Or doctors afraid to do anything that could look as an abortion due to 10 years of jailtime and 10,000 dollars that they very likely can't pay for. You know. Considering student loan debt.

Why do you continue to trust it? Because trader, you are consuming that media. You just went on to talk about libs of tick tock. Suprise, that's part of the media.

We don't live in a world where just news is the media. Just like the democrats and republicans. Your given two fake options. And so you have rejected one option. And embraced the other fake option.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/l...test/287-c7984c66-6141-4690-97b1-ec0b9882b4bb

What's the word when government tells corporations what to do and say? Hint: bundle of sticks

Misclipping, lol. They admit that they are intentionally telling kids not to tell their parents what they are talking about in class. What was clipped out? They all saying "Sike!! Gotcha bitch" at the end?

Mutilating kids is not a treatment. Not sure what the rest of this paragraph is about.

Media = Corporate media/government conglomerate. I thought you people were against corporations?

Attachments

• 36131a39-d039-4553-8866-db7e421a76a2.jpg
    36131a39-d039-4553-8866-db7e421a76a2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 24

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay is that not exactly what you are perpetuating? Think for fuck sake. Your side is constantly attacking. One year it was abortion. Another it was trans. Another year and it was against Mexicans. Another year it was against gay people. And that's just the start.
Edit: what about masks? I already pointed out before but I'll repeat. If we didn't waste our time debating if masks work or not, or your side arguing that hydroxy worked (which it clearly doesn't) we could of spent more time fucking over bill gates and him patenting one of the covid vaccines. Because that is utterly spineless to profit off the need of a vaccine. People died because poorer countries couldn't afford it.
None of those attacks are uniting. NONE. They are dividing.
What do you get in return from these attacks? To you stopped an evil threat. But what else? Did it fix your job? Did it make it so people are less poor? Did it make the rich have less power over us? Did it fix the busted two tier justice system?
Did it make your life easier?
No. None of them do.
Go outside. Unplug.
So you think that debating is a waste of time and we should just accept every leftwing point of view, even if it's been proven false?

I guess calling people fascists, Nazis, racists, homophobes, terrorists, transphobes, Islamaphobes, sexists, deplorables, etc is what you call uniting? I know you can't see me but I'm currently flipping you off.

You sure do seem wound up for somebody who takes frequent breaks. Maybe you should try meditation. It gets me through those tough days too. Good luck, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...