Hacking The ultimate list of mods to enter RCM

Setnour6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After the V1 got a revision, RCM jig was no longer an option. We now have hardware mods to exploit all handhelds after the v1
EDT: RCM was an exploit utilized to leverage tegra chipset. Chip was changed and so was the attack vector for exploit.
You need a modchip if you want to have CFW on the switch lite.
I did some quick searching and found that using a mod chip is the way to go in that case. Hardware mods are assumed to be via the mod chip if that is what I am getting through the searching.

Reactions: HawaiianInTown

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, modchip is the hardware modification that will be installed onto a switch for CFW access

EDT: Are you familiar with soldering/micro soldering?

Reactions: Setnour6

Setnour6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, modchip is the hardware modification that will be installed onto a switch for CFW access
Hopefully there can be a software modification like there was for the 3DS in the future.
EDT: Are you familiar with soldering/micro soldering?
Not for the Nintendo Switch, no.
I'll say in advance: I don't plan on using soldering for the switch lite. I'll just wait until there are easier and/or more accessible methods.

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully there can be a software modification like there was for the 3DS in the future.

Not for the Nintendo Switch, no.
I'll say in advance: I don't plan on using soldering for the switch lite. I'll just wait until there are easier and/or more accessible methods.
I could be proven wrong but I think a modchip is the efficient solution. Cheap yet requires some technical skills... Keeps developers interested in a console, if you get what I'm putting down.

Setnour6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I could be proven wrong but I think a modchip is the efficient solution. Cheap yet requires some technical skills... Keeps developers interested in a console, if you get what I'm putting down.
I get what you mean. The modchip is efficient as some have said but not something I plan on using for the switch lite or any other switch for the matter. Thank you for the info

Reactions: HawaiianInTown

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer