The war on gay kids: "Give 'em a good punch"

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to point out there is more in the Bible people
http://www.11points....t_you_do_anyway

Not to mention most parts about homosexuality were not about homosexuality and were edited later on to be about it.
The Bible at best is a very weak argument about homosexuality and really just stop being used so often.

As I mentioned, Christians aren't bound by the Old Testament. Everything there except divorce (which I can assure you, I don't approve of) is in the Old Testament.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On-Topic now; It seems like Pastor Sean Harris was just saying something stupid to get attention towards him.

So he made controversial comments for the attention and we've had a very special someone do the same thing in this thread. If you want a lesson on trolling, ladies and gentlemen, here it is.

@TehSkull

Why is divorce the exception, and not the rule?

Also, aren't Christians still bound by the Ten Commandments? Or is it that seen as technically renewed by Jesus (I forget the exact speech, though it was in at least the Book of Matthew)?

Reactions: 1 person

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I grew up in a Christian household, I've been through the bible, though I don't believe in any of that stuff anymore... What I don't fucking understand is that the bible explicitly says do unto others what you would have them do to you, treat others how you would want to be treated. Supposedly this man is a man of God, a man that should know what that book says, now why the hell are you breaking "the golden rule." Stupidity, pure stupidity.

Reactions: 2 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On-Topic now; It seems like Pastor Sean Harris was just saying something stupid to get attention towards him.

So he made controversial comments for the attention and we've had a very special someone do the same thing in this thread. If you want a lesson on trolling, ladies and gentlemen, here it is.
It could also be that they realize that they may be wrong and wanted to soften the negative backlash...

Anyway, I think was meant to be grown up as a conservative Christian(only part of my whole family is),but that just didn't happen. I went to multiple churches inconsistently then stop altogether and the stuff I learn over years just help me see things in a different way. Maybe it time to admit I'm actually theist as some like to point some Christians actually are.

As a said before, it just doesn't seem right for punching a kid for that.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The war on gay kids" sounds a bit sensationalist, perhaps "Dumb pastor pops off at the mouth" is more appropriate?

That being said, the pastor seems to not know the other languages in which the bible was translated from. The passage he uses is most likely the famous (widely used) one in Corinthians mentioning "effeminates" going to hell. The problem with that, though is that the word that shows up in that translation is a badly translated word from a Greek known as μαλακοί, or soft or fine. That word was meant to be used to describe the soft, fine clothing only the very rich of the time period wore. See? History lesson for all.

Reactions: 2 people

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I would like my last post reinstated, it broke no rules, and I wasn't flaming anybody.
You made yourself clear you were the troll with your first post straight-up bashing. We know you don't like homosexuality, but you shouldn't bash it. I used to be like you. But then you start to wonder why people turn gay. That's their life. They have nothing against you, so why should you have something against them?

As for religion, you are just preaching what others have preached onto you. I am christian but that is because my parents raised me that way. Doesn't mean I follow all of it. Relax bro.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"The war on gay kids" sounds a bit sensationalist, perhaps "Dumb pastor pops off at the mouth" is more appropriate?

That being said, the pastor seems to not know the other languages in which the bible was translated from. The passage he uses is most likely the famous (widely used) one in Corinthians mentioning "effeminates" going to hell. The problem with that, though is that the word that shows up in that translation is a badly translated word from a Greek known as μαλακοί, or soft or fine. That word was meant to be used to describe the soft, fine clothing only the very rich of the time period wore. See? History lesson for all.
I second this motion

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I can't believe how liberal you guys are. Blowing something so silly out of proportion. HE WAS SPEAKING METAPHORICALLY.. Guys punch each other, he was telling them to snap them out of their [censored]ry, not to encourage it, to "Man Up". He even came back and said it was just an expression.

Our countries economy is on the verge of another meltdown and this is the "breaking news" we're discussing? Wooooooooooow

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Wow, I can't believe how liberal you guys are. Blowing something so silly out of proportion. HE WAS SPEAKING METAPHORICALLY.. Guys punch each other, he was telling them to snap them out of their [censored]ry, not to encourage it, to "Man Up". He even came back and said it was just an expression.

Our countries economy is on the verge of another meltdown and this is the "breaking news" we're discussing? Wooooooooooow

Public outcry is usually followed by massive backpedaling. And nice usage of a (if now a few) logical fallacy. You can only report on the economy so many times , so often before messages start to repeat. Just because there are OTHER things going on in the world, it doesn't mean things like this aren't worthy to be reported on.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Public outcry is usually followed by massive backpedaling.

The "backpedaling" was after the "pubic outcry". That wasn't even backpedaling, like I already stated, he said it was just an expression. People are going out of their ways to misunderstand him and try to twist around his words. He was saying to crush out the gayness and not encourage it, before it manifests, like you would get treated to stop a disease before it gets worse; as an analogy.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

The "backpedaling" was after the "pubic outcry". That wasn't even backpedaling, like I already stated, he said it was just an expression. People are going out of their ways to misunderstand him and try to twist around his words. He was saying to crush out the gayness and not encourage it, before it manifests, like you would get treated to stop a disease before it gets worse; as an analogy.

Yeah, I worded that wrong, but the message still remains the same.

So what you're saying is mental and emotional abuse for the sake of "crushing the gay out" is okay? If anything that would CAUSE mental instability where there was none.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I worded that wrong, but the message still remains the same.

So what you're saying is mental and emotional abuse for the sake of "crushing the gay out" is okay? If anything that would CAUSE mental instability where there was none.
Nice edit of your original post bro, and I love how you try to twist around words I say like you did with the pastor.

Your post is so unintelligent, there's no way I can respond to it. Proverbs 26:4 "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself."

If you're too simple minded to understand an analogy or a metaphor, then no one could possibly argue with you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm good, how r u
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm good, how r u