The war on gay kids: "Give 'em a good punch"

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beating a child for any reason that's just as ridiculous as this is unnacceptable PERIOD. Gay or not.

Completely serious question: When is an acceptable time to beat a child?

It is NEVER acceptable to beat a child. Giving a child a spanking as discipline for bad behaviour, however, is usually justified in my eyes. There is a much stronger connotation of violence and hatred in "beat" than there is "spank". My dad has spanked me many times as a child because I often stepped out of line and disrespected my parents. Did I enjoy the spankings? No, of course not. However, I absolutely feel that I deserved them. But my dad has never beaten me.

Reactions: 7 people

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beating a child for any reason that's just as ridiculous as this is unnacceptable PERIOD. Gay or not.

It is NEVER acceptable to beat a child. Giving a child a spanking as discipline for bad behaviour, however, is usually justified in my eyes. There is a much stronger connotation of violence and hatred in "beat" than there is "spank". My dad has spanked me many times as a child because I often stepped out of line and disrespected my parents. Did I enjoy the spankings? No, of course not. However, I absolutely feel that I deserved them. But my dad has never beaten me.
I agree completely, I just wanted to hear demonic's answer.

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hold on, i'm not saying is it right or wrong, it is just not natural.
Yet you typed this message on a computer. Presumably you also live in some kind of house and eat your food cooked. You wear clothes, talk to people hundreds of miles away on a handheld device and regularly travel in some kind of motorised vehicle. None of these things are natural.

If there are any sound arguments against homosexuality, it being 'not natural' is not one of them.

Well not to support the gay bashers, but he DID state it's not about right or wrong, just it not being natural. I'm too lazy to read his other posts but based solely on the quote of his you have there, he wasn't exactly stating something unnatural (like computers and other such technology) are necessarily bad.

Regardless the argument is asinine since no mad scientist cooked up The Gay in a lab and unleashed it upon the world. Gayness is all natural. Might as well start throwing rocks at people with heterochromia for being "unnatural" (read: different).

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I agree completely, I just wanted to hear demonic's answer.
My answer? Pretty much the same as his. I didn't mean to convey "beating" as a form of discipline if it came across that way.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My answer? Pretty much the same as his. I didn't mean to convey "beating" as a form of discipline if it came across that way.
Right but you said
The italicized phrase indicates there being some non-ridiculous reason for beating a child. Or so it came across.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
North Carolina is in the South, thus bible belt, this isn't shocking.
Because punching children is a well-known Christian and Southern quality, not just a quality of dickheads.
Not the point I was making the bible belt is full of evangelicals, they tend to be much more conservative.... I wasn't saying that in general, if you have heard pastors from the bible belt,this isn't that shocking. But again... you haven't.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Because punching children is a well-known Christian and Southern quality, not just a quality of dickheads.
Not the point I was making the bible belt is full of evangelicals, they tend to be much more conservative.... I wasn't saying that in general, if you have heard pastors from the bible belt,this isn't that shocking. But again... you haven't.
But then again, you wouldn't know since you don't know me in person so you're just assuming things.
But then again, you tend to assume things about people based on their geographical positions often as it is.

An idiot pastor can be located just about anywhere around the globe - punching children in the face for whatever reason is not a Christian idea, it's not an Evangelical idea, it's a child abuse idea, it has nothing to do with the Bible Belt, it has everything to do with being a backwards twat, and that pastor certainly is one.

If you're speaking of the "density of backwards twats" then I suppose I could agree, but try not to generalize like this.

Reactions: 2 people

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
But then again, you wouldn't know since you don't know me in person so you're just assuming things.
But then again, you tend to assume things about people based on their geographical positions often as it is.

An idiot pastor can be located just about anywhere around the globe - punching children in the face for whatever reason is not a Christian idea, it's not an Evangelical idea, it's a child abuse idea, it has nothing to do with the Bible Belt, it has everything to do with beign a backwards twat, and that pastor certainly is one.

If you're speaking of the "density of backwards twats" then I suppose I could agree, but try not to generalize like this.
I'm not generalizing, it's called the bible belt for a reason, not because they punch kids, though corporal punishment in school is legal in all of those states (except Illinois, Virginia, and West Virginia).... The people tend to be a lot more religious. This might help you understand the Bible Belt http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_belt And once again hitting a child wasn't my point, it's that pastors saying dumb shit isn't abnormal in the bible belt.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Shouldn't children in christian households be punished for being homosexual? Homosexually is considered a sin in Christianity. Same with Judaism and Islam. People act (parent) according their values. I'm not suggesting that Christians should punch their children if their gay and they shouldn't be enabling the homosexual child either.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not generalizing, it's called the bible belt for a reason, not because they punch kids, though corporal punishment in school is legal in all of those states (except Illinois, Virginia, and West Virginia).... The people tend to be a lot more religious. This might help you understand the Bible Belt http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Bible_belt And once again hitting a child wasn't my point, it's that pastors saying dumb shit isn't abnormal in the bible belt.
Ah, in that case, I see your point.

Still, I wanted to stress that punching children in the face is not recommended by "Christians", it's recommended by some hillbilly pastor. Christians don't deserve to get an even more of a bad name just because some jackass in the Town of Nowhere is a bit vocal.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not generalizing, it's called the bible belt for a reason, not because they punch kids, though corporal punishment in school is legal in all of those states (except Illinois, Virginia, and West Virginia).... The people tend to be a lot more religious. This might help you understand the Bible Belt http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Bible_belt And once again hitting a child wasn't my point, it's that pastors saying dumb shit isn't abnormal in the bible belt.
Ah, in that case, I see your point.

Still, I wanted to stress that punching children in the face is not recommended by "Christians", it's recommended by some hillbilly pastor. Christians don't deserve to get an even more of a bad name just because some jackass in the Town of Nowhere is a bit vocal.
Fayetteville isn't the middle of nowhere, it has over 200,000 people, nor is it a town, it is a city. Regardless though I understand your point.

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

An idiot pastor can be located just about anywhere around the globe - punching children in the face for whatever reason is not a Christian idea, it's not an Evangelical idea, it's a child abuse idea, it has nothing to do with the Bible Belt, it has everything to do with beign a backwards twat, and that pastor certainly is one.

Corporal Punishment isnt allowed in schools in Texas... I would've most likely been on the recieving end if it was lol

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Corporal Punishment isnt allowed in schools in Texas... I would've most likely been on the recieving end if it was lol

245_teacher-norris.gif

You will not deny Chuck his right to throw stuff back at pupils.

Reactions: 3 people

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't children in christian households be punished for being homosexual? Homosexually is considered a sin in Christianity. Same with Judaism and Islam. People act (parent) according their values. I'm not suggesting that Christians should punch their children if their gay and they shouldn't be enabling the homosexual child either.

This is the problem with religion.. it preaches about being kind, "love thy neighbor"... but, then it decides to contradict itself and reveal the TRUE meaning... "Love thy neighbor unless thy neighbor is different". What the hell is so wrong with equality? Why can't everyone just be treated the same... oh, that reminds me... that's also a big thing in religion "Treat others how you want to be treated" Hmm.. so that means if some crazy ass pastor throws holy water on a kid (which, btw, has happened here in Texas), we should return the favor.. Oh, but that's wrong... too many people would rather be a hypocrite than follow their own damned religion, they preach about their god, and they don't even realize that even if their god DOES exist, there's no way in hell they'll ever see their god, not because he's invisible, but rather because they are disobeying his words.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Technically the parent/s is/are only obligated to raise the child in the values of Christianity. The child should be aware of the values it's supposed to follow and this enforcement is to take place untill the child matures, then it can do whatever it wants. It's supposed to be raised in the Christian religion aswell, but it doesn't exactly specify that it cannot make a concious choice later-on in its life about it.

It's pretty straight-forward - you get all the information during just about any baptism ceremony, if you ever attended one.

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country

*snip*

Ummmm... K

Religious families usually follow their core values. Homosexually is considered a sin in some (not all) religions. A religious household which deems homosexuality evil will parent according that belief. Homosexual children won't have any problems as long as they're not raised in religious households.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummmm... K

Religious families usually follow their core values. Homosexually is considered a sin in some (not all) religions. A religious household which deems homosexuality evil will parent according that belief. Homosexual children won't have any problems as long as they're not raised in religious households.

That's not always true. Or at least not in my parents' household. They disagree with it, but they don't hassle you about it or treat you any different.

Reactions: 2 people

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
Ummmm... K

That's not always true. Or at least not in my parents' household. They disagree with it, but they don't hassle you about it or treat you any different.

That's not the norm unfortunately. :(

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country

Nope it's legal.
800px-Corporal_punishment_in_the_United_States.svg.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740