Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nope it's legal.
It's called a dead law, many things are legal/illegal but never used/enforced againts simply because there is/isn't a social stigma related to them anymore. Think back to the idiotic law that forbade anal sex in Washington, no matter what kind of sexual partners were to perform it. Or the law againts licking lollipops.

They were made at some point but are no longer used, it's just that the State doesn't feel like changing them because it's just a waste of time and paper to officially remove them.

EDIT: Silly irregular verbs are silly, fix'd.

Reactions: 1 person

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope it's legal.
It's called a dead law, many things are legal/illegal but never used/enforced againts simply because there is/isn't a social stigma related to them anymore. Think back to the idiotic law that forbid anal sex in Washington, no matter what kind of sexual partners were to perform it. Or the law againts licking lollipops.

They were made at some point but are no longer used, it's just that the State doesn't feel like changing them because it's just a waste of time and paper to officially remove them.
During the 2006-07 school year, the most recent period with statewide statistics available, more than 49,000 Texas students were paddled, putting Texas at the top of the list, according to the U.S. Education Department's Office for Civil Rights. But the punishment continues to be a controversial and confusing subject, partly because school districts make their own policies and the line between discipline and abuse can be blurred.
http://www.star-tele...still-take.html
Doesn't seem dead to me.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
During the 2006-07 school year, the most recent period with statewide statistics available, more than 49,000 Texas students were paddled, putting Texas at the top of the list, according to the U.S. Education Department's Office for Civil Rights. But the punishment continues to be a controversial and confusing subject, partly because school districts make their own policies and the line between discipline and abuse can be blurred.
Doesn't seem dead to me.
"I think most people are surprised that it still goes on, especially in other parts of the country" (...) "State Rep. Alma Allen, D-Houston, agrees. In January, she introduced House Bill 916, which seeks to ban corporal punishment in all Texas school districts -- her fourth effort to pass an anti-paddling law."

...and 40 schools already officially banned it. According to the article you sent, paddling mostly takes place in rural areas, not in the major schools. They're getting there, so chill.

Moreover, the so-called "paddling" is still subject to anti-abuse laws. They're not exactly beating the crap out of them.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't seem dead to me.
"I think most people are surprised that it still goes on, especially in other parts of the country" (...) "State Rep. Alma Allen, D-Houston, agrees. In January, she introduced House Bill 916, which seeks to ban corporal punishment in all Texas school districts -- her fourth effort to pass an anti-paddling law."

...and 40 schools already officially banned it. According to the article you sent, paddling mostly takes place in rural areas, not in the major schools. They're getting there, so chill.

Moreover, the so-called "paddling" is still subject to anti-abuse laws. They're not exactly beating the crap out of them.
Yet, it is still legal in Texas...... and it does happen so it's not a dead law.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to pass anti-paddling laws?

nGOs3.jpg

Sorry to get off topic... but an opportunity like that comes only once in a lifetime.

Reactions: 3 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yet, it is still legal in Texas...... and it does happen so it's not a dead law.
Putting rural areas in the same basket with major settlements is a crime againts reason - those people live in a "different world" and have a "different mindset", for them it's not something out of the ordinary. They'll eventually change, but civilizational change takes time, not just legislature.

Give it a generation or two and it won't be legal anymore. I would say "mark my words" but neither of us will be alive at that point.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Putting rural areas in the same basket with major settlements is a crime againts reason - those people live in a "different world" and have a "different mindset", for them it's not something out of the ordinary. They'll eventually change, but civilizational change takes time, not just legislature.

Give it a generation or two and it won't be legal anymore. I would say "mark my words" but neither of us will be alive at that point.
The only point I was making was that Texas still allowed corporal punishment. Rural areas in Illinois can't administer corporal punishment, thus making it completely illegal. Unlike Texas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo