The war on gay kids: "Give 'em a good punch"

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
gender roles are completely societal and nothing to do with our real selves imo. with that said i think there is a reason for some gay men to act gay and i think it has to do with the same reason we all play gender roles and that's signaling. in a world when all the gay people act exactly like straight people, how would we ever detect each other?
It's weird to see that comming from you - you were the one who brought bears into the discussion, they're hardly "acting gay".

The gay stereotype is a fashion-sensitive, emotional homosexual who's "fabulous" in everything he does and puts a lot of time and effort into his looks - bears don't do that and yet they're gay.

Some gay men "act gay" because they're expected to do so, much like for centuries women were enclosed in their kitchens because that's what was expected from them. They think that if they emphesize this stereotype they will gain more freedom and acceptance, but the truth is that they put their own shackles on themselves.

Edit: Not sure from the text is he/she post-op or not? Artifical vagina i would reconsider and cruise away almost surely.
Sorry about the font - no idea how that happened. Copy-pasting from text editors is always fun.

As far as the question is concerned, I'm pretty sure I recall *a penis* being involved as it was painfuly obvious when he/she was wearing bikini's - the guys just didn't notice or didn't want to notice. They were blinded by the "good looks".

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gender roles are completely societal and nothing to do with our real selves imo. with that said i think there is a reason for some gay men to act gay and i think it has to do with the same reason we all play gender roles and that's signaling. in a world when all the gay people act exactly like straight people, how would we ever detect each other?
It's weird to see that comming from you - you were the one who brought bears into the discussion, they're hardly "acting gay".

The gay stereotype is a fashion-sensitive, emotional homosexual who's "fabulous" in everything he does and puts a lot of time and effort into his looks - bears don't do that and yet they're gay.

Some gay men "act gay" because they're expected to do so, much like for centuries women were enclosed in their kitchens because that's what was expected from them. They think that if they emphesize this stereotype they will gain more freedom and acceptance, but the truth is that they put their own shackles on themselves.

but bears are totally gay. not in the stereotypical way that most people think gays should be but within us gays we identify bears strongly with gay culture and they are still signals between us and it is an act like any other gender role. they even have their own little flag.

we keep inventing gender roles, but they are all an act. some are to blend in and some are to stand out.

edit: currently within my little community of gays, effeminate gays are not very desired and there is a particular interest with "the guy next door" - so total normal guy guy is becoming the new gay. the metrosexual pretty much killed the fashion gay, now it's all about the no non sense dude.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
but bears are totally gay. not in the stereotypical way that most people think gays should be but within us gays we identify bears strongly with gay culture and they are still signals between us and it is an act like any other gender role.
Honestly? I don't think I would *recognize* a bear in a crowd of motorcycle enthusiasts, and the very idea of signing up under a common denominator is recognition by the outside world.

There's nothing even remotely homosexual in being a bit on the hairy side, being generally "huge" and wearing facial hair of sorts, neither is wearing leather jackets and so on and so forth. You recognize bears because they're familiar to you, but they're not familiar to the non-gay community, at least in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 person

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Look how much discussion this topic brings up... People should post topics like this more often! Seems to drive traffic here. :P
This brings a more interesting question. Are there a lot of gay gamers or a lot of gay Nintendo fans? :unsure:
Which bring us to another question.
Is it a problem for you?

Reactions: 2 people

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know much about it, but the way someone acts around other people or talks, doesn't directly have to do with their gender, I mean, most of my gay friends are completely normal people, they just like other guys instead of girls. Although it is true that there is that idea of what a manly man is and all that, personally the type of guy's I admire the most (manliness wise) are the biker guys, they're just so badass, some of them might be homosexual while others might just be hetero, they're still friggin manly imho regardless of tastes mind you. xP

Edit: Personally I find hairy men cool too. xP

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Look how much discussion this topic brings up... People should post topics like this more often! Seems to drive traffic here. :P
This brings a more interesting question. Are there a lot of gay gamers or a lot of gay Nintendo fans? :unsure:

Summer_Nintendo_Girls_by_scificat.jpg

...I don't think so.

At first I was going to use a totally different picture, but I would totally get warn'd bad for it lol.

Reactions: 3 people

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Summer_Nintendo_Girls_by_scificat.jpg

...I don't think so.

At first I was going to use a totally different picture, but I would totally get warn'd bad for it lol.
I want that Samus.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
So, the pastor kinda wants to take it back, kinda, to a degree, in a way:

Link to story.

"If I had to say it again, I would say it differently, no doubt," Harris said Tuesday. "Those weren't planned words, but what I do stand by is that the word of God makes it clear that effeminate behavior is ungodly. I'm not going to compromise on that."

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the pastor kinda wants to take it back, kinda, to a degree, in a way:

Link to story.

"If I had to say it again, I would say it differently, no doubt," Harris said Tuesday. "Those weren't planned words, but what I do stand by is that the word of God makes it clear that effeminate behavior is ungodly. I'm not going to compromise on that."
Lololol "effeminate behavior"

This guy has a few screws loose. The Bible does say things about homosexuality (nothing too specific though, mind you), it does not say anything about "effeminate behavior."

Reactions: 3 people

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly? I don't think I would *recognize* a bear in a crowd of motorcycle enthusiasts, and the very idea of signing up under a common denominator is recognition by the outside world.

There's nothing even remotely homosexual in being a bit on the hairy side, being generally "huge" and wearing facial hair of sorts, neither is wearing leather jackets and so on and so forth. You recognize bears because they're familiar to you, but they're not familiar to the non-gay community, at least in my opinion.

like i said, it's societal. gay bears are actually very self defining, they even have their own flag and many will not have sex with non-bears. same with leather daddies.

there are. geeky gay game nerds are my favorite kind of gay :P
i've been to several gay gamer gatherings. fighting games tend to be favored at these events.

edit: and no, there is no orgies at these parties. it's all PG

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think I've ever seen one of "these" threads as calm before. I'm actually rather amazed.

I fail to understand how punching a kid would "help" the situation. When your mother shouts at you for climbing that tree; you want to climb it some more. Anyway, in my opinion your orientation is neither a choice nor a trait you are born with. Most people find it hard to answer the question "When did you decide you were gay/straight/bi/whatever?" I don't have a clue. As for being born with an orientation, it seems unlikely, it's more of a psychological thing.

I'm bi myself, when I came out. I did get a bit of shit from people. Funny how people change isn't it? One thing I do despise though, is the use of the discrimination card at the drop of a hat. Saying "that's homophobic" or "that's racist" or "that's sexist" or whatever annoys the living hell out of me. Fair enough when you've actually been discriminated against but when you don't get a job please don't say "is is because I'm gay/black/a woman".

If homosexuality were the majority then would the heterosexuals conform? Of course not. Then why should we?

And if you don't know the meaning of the word “disease” please don't use it.

Of course, this is my opinion and I'm not stating any of this is as fact.

Reactions: 6 people

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

there are. geeky gay game nerds are my favorite kind of gay :P
i've been to several gay gamer gatherings. fighting games tend to be favored at these events.

edit: and no, there is no orgies at these parties. it's all PG
It was a multiple choice question.

I don't think I've never seen one of "these" threads as calm before. I'm actually rather amazed.

Because I decided to be more careful about my words this time. Nothing people could really rage at. Plus both sides (pro-acceptance and anti-homosexual) think that the pastor is being extreme, so we all silently agreed to hate on him instead of each other.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I've never seen one of "these" threads as calm before. I'm actually rather amazed.

that's because school's not out yet
While this is funny, this is also true. Younger people have not had enough life experience to determine things for themselves, so they go by whatever it is they are influenced by.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

that's because school's not out yet
I think that the recent actions of the staff showed that users can't go around talking crap without getting warn'd or banned - certain flamewar instigators and troublemakers have been banned recently and I think it works somewhat like a scarecrow on the rest.

...but I ain't care! I'mma gonna troll anyways. :lol:

This guy has a few screws loose. The Bible does say things about homosexuality (nothing too specific though, mind you), it does not say anything about "effeminate behavior."
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination." ~Leviticus 18:22 KJV
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." ~Leviticus 20:13 KJV

...except the Bible wasn't written by God but by men. If God wanted us to have Bibles, it would rain Bibles on sundays. It's God.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination." ~Leviticus 18:22 KJV
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." ~Leviticus 20:13 KJV

...except the Bible wasn't written by God but by men. If God wanted us to have Bibles, it would rain Bibles on sundays. It's God.

Aaand... here's a very interesting link on this subject, specifically referencing Leviticus.

http://biblethumping...-homosexuality/

And here we go...

"'When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. Leviticus, 15:19
"'When she is cleansed from her discharge, she must count off seven days, and after that she will be ceremonially clean. Leviticus, 15:28
On the eighth day she must take two doves or two young pigeons and bring them to the priest at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting. Leviticus, 15:29
The priest is to sacrifice one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. In this way he will make atonement for her before the LORD for the uncleanness of her discharge. Leviticus, 15:30

He's crazy.

Edit: Added a few more passages to give some context, fixed formatting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A