The war on gay kids: "Give 'em a good punch"

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I've never seen one of "these" threads as calm before. I'm actually rather amazed.

that's because school's not out yet
I think that the recent actions of the staff showed that users can't go around talking crap without getting warn'd or banned - certain flamewar instigators and troublemakers have been banned recently and I think it works somewhat like a scarecrow on the rest.

...but I ain't care! I'mma gonna troll anyways. :lol:

This guy has a few screws loose. The Bible does say things about homosexuality (nothing too specific though, mind you), it does not say anything about "effeminate behavior."
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination." ~Leviticus 18:22 KJV
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." ~Leviticus 20:13 KJV

...except the Bible wasn't written by God but by men. If God wanted us to have Bibles, it would rain Bibles on sundays. It's God.

The old testament is a good reference for what God does and does not like, but it's not a good reference to know what we are and are not supposed to do. Christians are not bound by the Old Testament.

Also:
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16)
The word "inspire" is used, and it literally means "God-breathed"

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The old testament is a good reference for what God does and does not like, but it's not a good reference to know what we are and are not supposed to do. Christians are not bound by the Old Testament.
Uhhh... yes, technically they are, not sure where you're getting that from. The Bible is the holy book of Christians, how you treat it is a matter of your personal judgement but TECHNICALLY whatever's in the Bible bounds you.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhhh... yes, technically they are, not sure where you're getting that from. The Bible is the holy book of Christians, how you treat it is a matter of your personal judgement but TECHNICALLY whatever's in the Bible bounds you.

Liberal christians believe the bible is a moral guide.
Fundamentalist christians believe the bible is truth.

As a general rule.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just want to point out there is more in the Bible people
http://www.11points....t_you_do_anyway

Not to mention most parts about homosexuality were not about homosexuality and were edited later on to be about it.
The Bible at best is a very weak argument about homosexuality and really just stop being used so often.

Reactions: 3 people

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just want to point out there is more in the Bible people
http://www.11points....t_you_do_anyway

Not to mention most parts about homosexuality were not about homosexuality and were edited later on to be about it.
The Bible at best is a very weak argument about homosexuality and really just stop being used so often.

This is why I'm not Christian

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how many people here realize that the Bible has been re-written multiple times to change the meanings, and add stuff...

Also... Here's somethin:
The Bible says God loves everybody, does it not?.... and then it says he hates homosexuals and bisexuals, and everything else... It says love thy neighbor.... yet it says kill thy neighbor if he's bi... The damned book is full of contradictory statements...

So, I guess it's "Love thy neighbor unless he's different" right?

Anyways... here's a damned good idea.. How about you live your life the way you want? it's YOUR life, is it not? Last I checked, ppl own only their own lives, not other's lives. Live the way you want, if anybody wants to tell you different, then f*ck them.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Christians are not bound by the Old Testament.
Uhhh... yes, technically they are, not sure where you're getting that from.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_law_in_Christianity

Although Christianity affirms that the Pentateuch is part of Scripture that is inspired of God, Christian tradition, in this case similar to Jewish tradition, denies that all of the Old Covenant still applies directly to Christians, but different arguments are used to reach that conclusion and there are differences of opinion within Christianity as to which parts, if any, still apply. The predominant Christian view is that Jesus mediates a New Covenant relationship between God and his followers, according to the New Testament, which ended or set aside some or all of the Old Covenant.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i like to point out that contrary to popular believe, we gays actually do love jesus

Hunky_Jesus.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Liberal christians believe the bible is a moral guide.
Fundamentalist christians believe the bible is truth.

As a general rule.
Very much so. Thank goodness I'm quite liberal when it comes to the Bible. :P

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And wow, this escalated even further since I left. Still, it's nice to see that a flame war hasn't erupted to burn this thread to cinders; firm handshakes all around, GBAtemp.

Choice or not (while Foxi's information is certainly enlightening, that doesn't strike me as leaving any room for choice either), gay people are, well, people. Who are we to deny them their happiness (or just go straight to face punching) anyway? The sooner we can put an end to the petty bigotry and prejudice, the faster we can begin to move on.

Reactions: 4 people

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
10 pages and it's not locked. It's a goddamn miracle.

Anyway, as far as the (lol) bible verse thats says being gay is against God (lol again)...

“You shall not eat any abomination. 4 These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat, 5 the deer, the gazelle, the roebuck, the wild goat, the ibex,[a] the antelope, and the mountain sheep. 6 Every animal that parts the hoof and has the hoof cloven in two and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. 7 Yet of those that chew the cud or have the hoof cloven you shall not eat these: the camel, the hare, and the rock badger, because they chew the cud but do not part the hoof, are unclean for you. 8 And the pig, because it parts the hoof but does not chew the cud, is unclean for you. Their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch.

Uh oh...You like porkchops? Bacon, Sausage? Ham? Aw shit, son. You are now unclean. And you thought it was against God just for the Jewish and the Muslims

"Ye shall not round the corners of your heads." -- Leviticus 19:27

Have you ever shaved? Yeah? BAM! You have just pissed off God.

My point is, there is a bunch of crazy shit in the Old Testament, and if you're going to take everything at face value, then take EVERYTHING at face value.

Reactions: 2 people

yuyuyup

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I think the "feminizing the fetus" is an interesting theory but I think there might be a plethora of factors that determine sexual preference. I absolutely believe that people can be born gay, but I don't think it's such a stretch for someone to gain such feelings later in life. People treat same-sex relationships like it's the biggest deal in the world. But as the subject becomes less taboo, I think future generations will yield much more experimental and open minded behavior.

I know this plays into the argument that "gays can be changed," but even if someone DECIDED to be gay, who cares ? Many pro-homosexual arguments can be made; how it is evident throughout nature, how there are great same-sex parents because they don't have kids by accident, etc etc. By insisting ALL gays are BORN "that way," it's using the same tactic of using an unprovable theory. Why ? All anti-gay arguments are rooted in Christian minutia. The same minutia that says you will burn in hell for eating shellfish, mixing fabrics, etc etc.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most Christians are full of hypocrites. According to this bible: "You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you: 'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far away from me, 'But in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men" (Matthew 15:7-9)

I am very ashamed of churches for their misinterpretations and cold hearts such as give em a good punch or force them to be straight. No wonder, many gay and lesbian people took their lives by suicidal. Those churches are sickening to my stomach!

Is gay a choice ? No.. Is straight a choice ? No! So be it. Problem solved!

Many people in churches have misinterpretations.. This link is good for us to understand something:

http://www.cohss.org...x.php/about-gay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1