Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Screen streaming app

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
One has been made, it only works on Linux systems now, and it just allows the computer to replace the gamepad. Now if you want homebrew that will also stream the gamepad to a PC, one was made, but it's not anywhere near enough fast enough, not even fast enough to be only 256 color or anything, because of the crappy WiFi on the Wii U. Since it's a Wii U hardware issue, one can never be made. Replacing the gamepad with a PC only works, because the video streaming to the gamepad from the Wii U uses a faster and better WiiFi connection, and not the one that connects with the internet, which would be used for the other type you want.

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got one:

A version of Loadiine that's more like USB Loader GX, where you can use an a non-propriety external hard drive to play any Wii U game (retail or digital, Lego Dimensions or Octodad), while your data saves directly to the Wii U system storage and access already existing save files.

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use the HBL2HBC forwarder channel I made, and change the config of HBL2HBC to point to Nintendont.

Ohh nice, I'll be sure to install it immediately. By the way, since I don't plan on using the Wii homebrew, is it possible for me to modify it to change the logo/splash so it says "Nintendont" instead of Homebrew Launcher?

Last edited by VictorMoreno015,

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far is i know the USB Slots on the wii were Slot 1 and Slot 2 so if that is somehow similar on wii u wouldnt it be somehow possible to make a homebrew that can like toggle between the two? Like you have a wii u hdd on Slot 1 and a vwii hdd on Slot 2 and you can choose to ignore one Slot at a time. So you could just switch between hdds without the need to constantly unplug them. Maybe it would even be possible to link that function to the wii u and vwii Menüs to automaticaly choose the right hdd.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd love to see a PS2 Emulator or a Gamecube Emulator (no nintendont vWii)

The wii u is Not nearly strong enough to emulate either of it. Nintendont would either way be better for its more like reactivating backwardcompatibility then emulating.

EDIT: feeling really dumb. There is a Programm that can accomplish my goal, Not the Same way but with the Same result. Ustealth one USB drive and Put your vwii stuff there and it works. Wii u wont See the hidden drive and vwii does Not See the wii u drive. Problem solved.

Last edited by BlackZero500,

Vrilya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been on thee lookout for a tool that can either put passwords on certain apps or hide them from the wii u dashboards so I dont have to worry about childen access things where I dont them to poke around homebrew launcher for example.
I am not if something like this exist already but if you do know of something please help me out here. Also i wondering it's possible to put a 4 digit code or something to prevent the childreb from accessing my own profile so they get access to all the goodies anyway.
Kindly
Vrilya

Reactions: pelago

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been on thee lookout for a tool that can either put passwords on certain apps or hide them from the wii u dashboards so I dont have to worry about childen access things where I dont them to poke around homebrew launcher for example.
I am not if something like this exist already but if you do know of something please help me out here. Also i wondering it's possible to put a 4 digit code or something to prevent the childreb from accessing my own profile so they get access to all the goodies anyway.
Kindly
Vrilya
De-select the option to remember your password, and then every time you select your profile, you just enter your password. I know of no way to have just a pin for your profile though.

As far as the content you have installed, you can change the ESRB or PEGI rating for a game in the meta.xml file. I am not sure of all the values, but if you look at a M rated game, you can copy the same values, which should then not allow your children to use the content. You need to make sure you set the ratings that they can and can not play in their profiles. Any files not in the "code" folder can be changed without harming the signature for the game. Just use ftpiiu anywhere to download the meta.xml file, change it, and then re-upload it.

Here is a list of M rated games on GameStop's site, just copy the values from one of these games - http://www.gamestop.com/browse/nintendo-wii-u?nav=131b0-35

Last edited by brienj,

Cliftin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamepad button inputs as Pro Controller inputs while still keeping the touch screen inputs. This would be useful for NSMBU/NSLU multiplayer.

Nikoru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One has been made, it only works on Linux systems now, and it just allows the computer to replace the gamepad. Now if you want homebrew that will also stream the gamepad to a PC, one was made, but it's not anywhere near enough fast enough, not even fast enough to be only 256 color or anything, because of the crappy WiFi on the Wii U. Since it's a Wii U hardware issue, one can never be made. Replacing the gamepad with a PC only works, because the video streaming to the gamepad from the Wii U uses a faster and better WiiFi connection, and not the one that connects with the internet, which would be used for the other type you want.
I just want it so I can remote play my Wii U on my computer screen I hope they make one for Windows based pc

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I just want it so I can remote play my Wii U on my computer screen I hope they make one for Windows based pc
It requires a special driver that's built into the Linux kernel and a 802.11N Wireless adapter on the PC. For Windows, it would require someone making a special driver for your adapter, good luck with that, but you will for sure have to have a N Wireless adapter.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
It requires a special driver that's built into the Linux kernel and a 802.11N Wireless adapter on the PC. For Windows, it would require someone making a special driver for your adapter, good luck with that, but you will for sure have to have a N Wireless adapter.
Minor nitpick: it's actually not in the Linux kernel. You have to patch and compile your own to make it work 0_o

Vrilya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
De-select the option to remember your password, and then every time you select your profile, you just enter your password. I know of no way to have just a pin for your profile though.

As far as the content you have installed, you can change the ESRB or PEGI rating for a game in the meta.xml file. I am not sure of all the values, but if you look at a M rated game, you can copy the same values, which should then not allow your children to use the content. You need to make sure you set the ratings that they can and can not play in their profiles. Any files not in the "code" folder can be changed without harming the signature for the game. Just use ftpiiu anywhere to download the meta.xml file, change it, and then re-upload it.

Here is a list of M rated games on GameStop's site, just copy the values from one of these games - http://www.gamestop.com/browse/nintendo-wii-u?nav=131b0-35

Thanks alot for your reply... I never thought about that. I also have another question. as I have coldboothax installed will this procedure lock me out of my wii u? as I assume Coldboothax needs to run the exploit before the daskboard is launched?
Many thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Psionic Roshambo only if you're electroboom