TheFlow is teasing a possible exploit for the PlayStation 4, recommends users to stay on OFW 6.20

ps4.jpg

After cracking the PlayStation Vita wide open, and providing a litany of useful homebrew tools, it appears that TheFlow is looking to move onwards and upwards to the next Sony system: the PlayStation 4. As those in the PS4 scene are likely aware, there is a current webkit exploit for consoles on firmware 6.20, thanks to SpecterDev. According to a post made by TheFlow on Twitter, it appears that he has an exploit in the works for OFW 6.20 as well. Those interested in homebrew are being told to stay on that system version, with a vague comment of, "Also don't update past FW 6.20 if you want a kxploit". What makes this tease even more notable though, is the fact that it isn't just a webkit exploit--the term "kxploit" was specifically mentioned. While a webkit exploit is useful, a kernel exploit would allow modders to do more with a theoretical softmod, and would be the first possible kexploit available since OFW 5.05/5.07. There is very limited information as of just yet, but with a track record like TheFlow's, it'd be wise to stay on 6.20 if you're on it. As of December 2019, the latest PlayStation 4 system software version is 7.02.

UPDATE: Well, it appears he didn't actually have a vulnerability in mind when he made his first Tweet above, but after receiving a PlayStation 4 from a fellow hacker, TheFlow has confirmed he indeed does have a vulnerability for OFW 6.20.

:arrow: Source

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are many uses i have stated earlier in thread. Just a basic one would be linux. Look if you don’t want a jailbroken ps4...why are you here?

Just trolling?

Inquiring, as someone who isn't familiar with the scene. And who has expressed favorability towards Vita modding, for example.

Don't be offended by my lack of knowledge. I obviously support the modding community in general (and the flow who I've already stated is like a god) else why would I be on GBA?

Also respect Luca (qwerty), with his iOS Yalu and checkra1n bootrom exploit jailbreaks

Just because *I* don't see value in this particular use case, doesn't mean others don't. I'm not blind to that

Last edited by playstays_shun,
D

Deleted User

Inquiring, as someone who isn't familiar with the scene. And who has expressed favorability towards Vita modding, for example.

Don't be offended by my lack of knowledge. I obviously support the modding community in general (and the flow who I've already stated is like a god) else why would I be on GBA?

Just because *I* don't see value in this particular use case, doesn't mean others don't. I'm not blind to that

Alot of people visit threads like this just to troll.

personally love my vita. I even took out the 3g card and upgraded it with 256gb of internal memory. But yeah. Haters gonna hate trolls gonna troll. That is gba for ya!

Reactions: playstays_shun

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alot of people visit threads like this just to troll.

personally love my vita. I even took out the 3g card and upgraded it with 256gb of internal memory. But yeah. Haters gonna hate trolls gonna troll. That is gba for ya!

Thats fine, but I aint trolling just asking.

skinnyBIGGS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome . Good to know theflow has something up there sleeve .. they release they dont tease and keep.. great job guys i havent played my ps4 since spiderman and rdr2 came out wasnt gonna update to play those games my discs will finally be used soon still in the wrapper hahahahah

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was previously waiting for the 5.05 exploit but then my cousin updated it to 5.50 to play fortnite.. so i missed it but i have kept it on 5.50 since then and hopefully now i will finally have homebrew access

Reactions: Deleted User

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
UPDATE: Well, it appears he didn't actually have a vulnerability in mind when he made his first Tweet above, but after receiving a PlayStation 4 from a fellow hacker, TheFlow has confirmed he indeed does have a vulnerability for OFW 6.20.

Wtf ? So he just had this a day after his tweet ? He's quite fast

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never had a PS4 but this would be a reason to pick 1 up. I miss how it was in ps2-360&ps3 days, downloading games days sometimes a week before release, good times

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6.20 has been out since late 2018. I can only keep the wifi off on my PS4 for so long before I need to watch Netflix on it. I don't really use my PS4 enough for gaming to warrant jailbreaking it. And I have CFW on my PS3 and Switch if I want to run emulation.

Last edited by Delerious,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As already pointed out, RA is available everywhere. If I need to use Linux, NOTHING beats simply running it on a PC/Laptop. Vmware to the rescue, if you just want to compile homebrew real quick... 2 reasons to jailbreak that keep getting passed around, that are actually NO REASON AT ALL to jailbreak.

converting PS2 games to .pkg and playing them, however... sounds like a good reason. Maybe I'll look into that. Probably won't anytime soon though, until more cool/useful homebrew is made.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Finally I'll be able to play Spiderman and KH3.
As for the reason to hack your PS4, I like to backup my game, so that I don't risk breaking the CDs (happened way too often to me before), and playing Monster Rancher 4 by scanning Blu-ray disk is surreal.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat, is there a method for updating to 6.20?
I wouldn't update just yet, not until the exploit is actually released to public and homebrew is ported to it.

But updating would be as simple as finding the 6.20 PUP and installing it via USB, nothing tricky or hacky required since Sony officially supports manual updates via USB.

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, though only sometimes when some people arent home
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honey he's playing gta again
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    WUT! Get my belt.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, but atleast i have the amazing spiderman and red dead redemption 1 too, they are more family friendly compared to GTA (i think)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If it's modded you always have everything
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My pc already has every ps3 game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it only has like 26 GB avaliable right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    GTAV is fine beating up hookers is OK, they don't mind!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, uhhhhhhhhh how do I tell you i entered their club once?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just don't pick them up, and drive to a hidden location.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you do run them over and get your money back
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    @BigOnYa a strip club
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The strip club you shoot up the hookers you pick up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You actually get to own that strip club, later in the game.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After you shoot it up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm still pissed I had to pay for that game again, (3rd time) just to get the next gen(4k) update. It should be free. Typical Rockstar move tho.
    +1
    I live like walking distance to a strip club lol
    I should check it out some day
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you shouldnt, you may run into one of your long lost daughters you never knew you had.
    +2
    BigOnYa I had a modified version with texture mods and all kinds of goodies lol https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5g4kxs4UU&t=64s
    Me playing it like 4 years ago on a 2080 Ti lol
    Lol that reminds me I am like 60% sure my step daughter is dead...
    Meth addicts don't move out of a house they are trying to sell and the boyfriend says she moved and does not know where lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was about to be like can't wait for gta6 so @Psionic Roshambo can tell me places to go then you drop that
    +3
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I was about to be like can't wait for gta6 so @Psionic Roshambo can tell me places to go then... +3