• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Theory related to George Floyd murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I’m posting this not to cause a e-riot but just to put this out here. There’s a theory going around that George Floyd and Derek Chauvin the police who killed him both worked at that bar where he died before and colluded to make a side op that hence hides the Clinton trial for her emails and ruin the economy back to the way it was before trump. This just is just a theory but I tend to believe it even though it may not be true.

Last edited by ThatGamingAirman,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Nice trolling. ;)

Lets me make a point I wanted to make before, when a protest erupts around people being confronted with something like police brutality, the actual people involved become 'bigger than life' symbols, for that transformative process ('heroes, villains, ...'). No one, rightly so, cares about if Floyd tried to pay with a fake twenty, or that during the protests other people lost their lives as well (pulled as an argument to belittle the initial killing).

Its the symbol that now stands for a transformation that people want, and will do so, until some perceptible change is enacted. Not the person.

Last edited by notimp,

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice trolling. ;)

Lets me make a point I wanted to make before, when a protest erupts around people being confronted with something like police brutality, the actual people involved become 'bigger than life' symbols, for that transformative process ('heroes, villains, ...'). No one, rightly so, cares about if Floyd tried to pay with a fake twenty, or that during the protests other people lost their lives as well.

Its the symbol that now stands for a transformation that people want, and will do so, until some perceptible change is enacted. Not the person.
Oh so you think I’m trolling you why don't you look up George Floyd Derek Chauvin theory and see what you get

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@notimp call me a troll as much as you like but I just wanted to put out that there’s a theory not tell everyone to believe it but it’s out there.

Reactions: notimp

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Ok, I bite. :) Why would you want to shed light on a story that might be baseless. And why would it matter, that two people 'staged' a prestory, when one of them die...

I shouldnt have asked, should I... ;)

Reactions: 6adget

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I bite. :) Why would you want to shed light on a story that might be baseless. And why would it matter, that two people 'staged' a prestory, when one of them die...

I shouldnt have asked, should I... ;)
Well that’s easy just because one website says it’s baseless doesn’t make it true we live in a world where we tend to believe the first thing we see whether fact or fiction and if we look at things objectively and not how the media wants us too this theory could be true regardless if someone wants to make you think it’s baseless and before I can ask your why what is prestory?

1stmoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell am i reading?

Do yourself a favor and stop paying attention to right-wing nut jobs, because they clearly have a lot of trouble identifying a facist even when it's right in front of them.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Teslas Fate, wants to privatize state owned companies?

(Dang it, now I'm trolling... Its contagious!! ;) )

On a more serious note, you think this really is bait for people to google that theory, and end up in communities groomed by the far right?

Those people must be really stupid.. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretext/Prestory (pretext sounded to 'serious', so I used 'prestory' :) ): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretext
Ok have never seen those terms as to answer your why well that’s quite simple those who protested genuinely for his wrongful death should know that his death may not have been wrongful and had a greater purpose and that America is being destroyed to hide government related events and ruin the economy grown by republicans which liberal disagree with

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do yourself a favor and stop paying attention to right-wing nut jobs, because they clearly have a lot of trouble identifying a facist even when it's right in front of them.

Teslas Fate, wants to privatize state owned companies?

(Dang it, now I'm trolling... Its contagious!! ;) )

On a more serious note, you think this really is bait for people to google that theory, and end up in communities groomed by the far right?

Those people must be really stupid.. ;)
I’m sorry when did this become a bashing session and where I give my attention is out of the question but thanks for the suggestion that I’ll never follow because I don’t nor do I ever want to follow the liberal agenda and no one was told to google the theory except you @notimp and they don’t have to if they follow the same liberal agenda that you both clearly follow and I also want to thank you both for injecting political bs into a thread that was never intended for it and yet again @notimp I’m not trolling just making people aware of a theory that now has been destroyed for both of you to bash me

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Don't blame us right-wingers for this, this is the work of drugs. :lol:

Pretty wild theory. Just remember, this section is not the Edge of Forum, so you have to be really serious with the crazy or it doesn't count. Let me summarise - the police officer and the victim, who coincidentally worked together in the past, made a suicide pact so that we don't hear about Clinton's e-mails (even though we've all heard about them) and ruin the economy (which was already "ruined" by the lockdown, but it's recovering at an exceptional rate with the DOW skyrocketing and the unemployment plummeting post-COVID). That's... Certainly something.

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't blame us right-wingers for this, this is the work of drugs. :lol:

Pretty wild theory. Just remember, this section is not the Edge of Forum, so you have to be really serious with the crazy or it doesn't count. Let me summarise - the police officer and the perp, who coincidentally worked together in the past, made a suicide pact so that we don't hear about Clinton's r-mails (even though we've all heard about them) and ruin the economy (which was already "ruined" by the lockdown, but it's recovering at an exceptional rate with the DOW skyrocketing and the unemployment plummets post-COVID). That's... Certainly something.
And you wouldn’t be wrong but in this world we live in anything is possible and with how America is at the moment and has been since 2016 it certainly is believable weather fact or fiction and as some like to forget I was merely making others aware rather than bait them into believing it. Edit: and it wasn’t to not hear about the emails but to cover up a trial involving Clinton that’s supposed to prosecute her over it and as well to tank it to the point where it was before trump improved it through the destruction of democratic cities so that they democratic leaders have money or something like that.

Last edited by ThatGamingAirman,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And you wouldn’t be wrong but in this world we live in anything is possible and with how America is at the moment it certainly is believable weather fact or fiction and as some like to forget I was merely making others aware rather than bait them into believing it
It really isn't. People die in police custody all the time, regardless of race - it's just something that happens due to the nature of their job. This is not unusual, or a conspiracy - the reason why the reaction is so huge is because the video was particularly egregious, not to mention that we're all on-edge and stir crazy due to the lockdown.

Every single time the paths of a police officer and a citizen cross, the chance of violence occuring is non-zero because the entire point of having the police at all is to have a public service that holds a monopoly on violence and direct it against criminals. We expect those officers to make difficult split-second judgements with the expectation that they will make more good calls than bad, keeping police brutality at a minimum.

Assuming the cop even *remembered* Floyd in that moment based on their history of working together, it may have actually been to the victim's detriment. If he knew he was a former bouncer, it may have motivated him to use more force than warranted, eventually leading to the death.

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really isn't. People die in police custody all the time, regardless of race - it's just something that happens due to the nature of their job. This is not unusual, or a conspiracy - the reason why the reaction is so huge is because the video was particularly egregious, not to mention that we're all on-edge and stir crazy due to the lockdown.

Every single time the paths of a police officer and a citizen cross, the chance of violence occuring is non-zero because the entire point of having the police at all is to have a public service that holds a monopoly on violence and direct it against criminals. We expect those officers to make difficult split-second judgements with the expectation that they will make more good calls than bad, keeping police brutality at a minimum.

Assuming the cop even *remembered* Floyd in that moment based on their history of working together, it may have actually been to the victim's detriment. If he knew he was a former bouncer, it may have motivated him to use more force than warranted, eventually leading to the death.
It really isn’t? And all this information is all stuff Ik just like I know all police aren’t the same nor all bad also I edited that post so rereading maybe beneficial.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It really isn’t? And all this information is all stuff Ik just like I know all police aren’t the same nor all bad also I edited that post so rereading maybe beneficial.
That's correct - it happens almost every single day. You can have a glance at the shootings data and draw your own conclusions - in 2019 the police fatally shot 370 white suspects, 235 black suspects, 158 Hispanic suspects and another 241 suspects of unknown/other race. Of course you don't hear about that because usually they've made the right decision.

Police brutality stats: https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

As far as physical violence is concerned, statistically speaking black suspects are more likely to be roughed up like George Floyd was whereas white suspects are more likely to get shot.

IMG_20200608_073453_526.jpg IMG_20200608_073447_515.jpg
Source: New York Times

Contrary to popular opinion this trend is not influenced by body cams - the opposite is true, officers expect the tapes to vindicate them and act more violently when recorded. What's even more surprising is the fact that officers who are the same race as the suspects are more likely to use physical violence or shoot. The reason why I mention those two things (body cameras, a more diverse police force) is because they're commonly suggested solutions, and they don't work as intended. The more you know!

Some more data:

Racial disparities through the lens of officer characteristics: https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877
Use of force during arrest: https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

Of course depending on the study you look at you can see wildly different results - it kind of depends on how you define your parameters and what you factor into your calculations.

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's correct - it happens almost every single day. You can have a glance at the shootings data and draw your own conclusions - in 2019 the police fatally shot 370 white suspects, 235 black suspects, 158 Hispanic suspects and another 241 suspects of unknown/other race. Of course you don't hear about that because usually they've made the right decision.

Police brutality stats: https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

As far as physical violence is concerned, statistically speaking black suspects are more likely to be roughed up like George Floyd was whereas white suspects are more likely to get shot.

View attachment 212380 View attachment 212381
Source: New York Times

Contrary to popular opinion this trend is not influenced by body cams - the opposite is true, officers expect the tapes to vindicate them and act more violently when recorded. What's even more surprising is the fact that officers who are the same race as the suspects are more likely to use physical violence or shoot. The reason why I mention those two things (body cameras, a more diverse police force) is because they're commonly suggested solutions, and they don't work as intended. The more you know!

Some more data:

Racial disparities through the lens of officer characteristics: https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877
Use of force during arrest: https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

Of course depending on the study you look at you can see wildly different results, citing racial bias - it kind of depends on how you define that and what you factor into your calculations.
All of this isn’t new to me but you haven’t answer my question what did you mean by it really isn’t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc