• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Theory related to George Floyd murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All of this isn’t new to me but you haven’t answer my question what did you mean by it really isn’t?
You said that your theory is believable in the current political climate. It isn't believable, and wouldn't be believable in any political climate - it would be the least efficient suicide-by-cop for the most unlikely cause ever. I was simply trying to paint the bigger picture for you by demonstrating that what happened to Floyd happens all the time and to people of every race or creed, which is truly unfortunate, but in many ways unavoidable. The best we can do is train officers well, minimise the amount of officer-citizen interactions and hold them accountable. Decriminalising large swathes of petty crimes and more widespread drug legalisation would help too - there is absolutely no reason why the police should be involved in an argument over $20, a bag of weed or a cigarette.

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t need to be schooled on the statistics I only wanted to post about this theory and I’m also not saying that his death wasn’t wrongful nor that the theory is true because not all theories are I just said I tend to believe it because of my views. What happens to blacks by the police is worse than what happens to whites and other races and needs to be fixed but I’ll save this for another thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Somethings maybe, but drives are rated in hours, so most likely many hours already on them. I...