PS1/2 Theres a FFXII USA release for PS2!

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Although ionly played the demo of this i`m not too happy with it and for me nothing beats FF7. Square have tried and tried to beat it and it can`t be done .... Cant win dont try.

Here's something for you to think about.

If Final Fantasy is so final why have there been 12 of the buggers ?

Firstly i think Final Fantasy VI was the best FF not VII, the only people that think FFVII was the best, are the ones that never played RPG games before FFVII and were about 15 years old and "omgz the grafix!" crowd back then wouldn't care if it was "Watch paint drying 2" as long as it had polygonal walls with raytraced paint sheen.

FFVII was my first RPG and I dont consider it the best VI and IX were my favourite Final's

Strokemouth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All i can say is after many MANY years of waiting I was happy to finally get my hands on this game. It plays great. Fantastic voice actors thus far. My nomination for game of the year over every game console.

It's decent, but certainly not "game of the year." The CG is nice, battle system is better than I expected, and the voice acting is definitely great so far. But other than that, there is really nothing that sets it apart. The storyline itself seems contrived (from what I've played...~3 hours). World design is bland. Characters draw no emotion from you. It's all pretty standard fare save for the gambit system and Tales-esque battle system, which again, is nothing to write home about.

That being said, I am still liking it a lot. I'm not going to rush out and cancel my pre-order or anything.
tongue.gif

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really dont see everyone big deal about the graphics on FFVII. Althought the backgrounds are really nice, the walkabout graphics are just aweful. At least the battle graphics are good. There must be some reason why the backgrounds look so great as do the battles, yet the walkabout look aweful (notice the big improvment on FFVIII). I generally dont judge a game on graphics, i still play the NES Final Fantasy... but the problem with 7 it just doesnt match the backgrounds, like ff5 and ff6 does with there characters. So basically i can understand someone for liking the game due to the story but definetly not for its graphics

and about ff12 and the magicks and techinqueks and whatever, i think its done on purpose but I have no clue why? On the gambit system you can program your chars to fight each other. I know it seems wierd but a good way to test some things like your attack and defense. (I think they let you attack each other so you can wake someone up, you cannot directly attack a teammate in battle tho, can only be done with gambits)

GyroidFanatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Why do they have to use that f**** K everywhere ?
Why the word "magic" became "magicks" ? why why !!! it hurts my eyes ;__;
I really think I'm playing a childish l33t translated game ...
They ended as bad as french translations, that's why I hate my native language games ^^;

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=magick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magick

It's a legal spelling.
Wikipedia said:
The archaic spelling with the terminal "k" was repopularized in the first half of the 20th century by Aleister Crowley when he made it a core component of his mystical system of Thelema. For Crowley, the alternate spelling was used to differentiate it from other practices, such as stage magic.

And the most important thing I REALLY dislike is : Why do they had to change the controler setting ????
All FF are using O button to do actions and X button to cancel but this one doesn't, even when Japanese version did use O button to validate and X to cancel.

Uhh... they do that with ALL RPGs...

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I hate this game so far, I really think Square died after FFIX. FFX, FFXI, FFX-2, FFTA, all trash. I think this will be the last Final Fantasy game I'll play, and they way it's looking now I'm not even going to finish it.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argh I want this but 3GB+ is a hefty d/l for someone on a not much faster than dialup connection lol >_>; not to mention there are so many other awesome PS2 releases at the moment I don't have time to play! DDR Supernova, Pop'N Music 13, Okami, in a couple of days Guitar Hero 2 will be out as well...

The gaming season is truly upon us. =)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=magick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magick
It's a legal spelling.

Oh, thank you, I didn't know it was a good spelling.
It's just odd for me as I never seen that word before ^^

QUOTEWhy do they had to change the controler setting ????
All FF are using O button to do actions and X button to cancel but this one doesn't, even when Japanese version did use O button to validate and X to cancel.

Uhh... they do that with ALL RPGs...
For the X and O, just look FF on snes, and PSX, even FFIII on DS, they were all with the right button (O or A) to accept, and the bottom one (X or B) to cancel.
I'll have to change my habits.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This has to be the worst excuse of a rpg there is, and you can't beging to understnad what i mean till you play it. Pleas let this be the last one 6 bad games in a row is too much, and if there was a puking icon id use it here.

FFI VI The best and the last of the series
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: