• Views 28,753
  • Replies 234
  • Likes 9

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shield tv uses the exact same chip 'x1' and iphone8 uses the same nand chip, maybe those hacks can be used toward the swith but idksa hacking

D

Deleted User

OP
shield tv uses the exact same chip 'x1' and iphone8 uses the same nand chip, maybe those hacks can be used toward the swith but idksa hacking
Nope. Shield TV runs under Android supervision and therefore has different hacks. The same goes with iPhone 8. (Quote me if i'm wrong)

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://mobile.twitter.com/WiiDatabase/status/884129276907454464?p=v
Literally my point and his, this doesn't mean there's code execution in anyway. They might just dumped kernel and that's it. No reason to get hyped about it

Also, TWEET didn't work so meh.
And yes, you can blame my ass for cresting yet another useless thread in here.
It makes devs and hackers understand the system more. It can prove very useful, and that means we have every right to be excited.

D

Deleted User

OP
It makes devs and hackers understand the system more. It can prove very useful, and that means we have every right to be excited.
Nothing useful for end users. Still, it's nothing. Look at ARM TrustZone and you're already limited to basic functions.

BlastedGuy9905

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing useful for end users. Still, it's nothing. Look at ARM TrustZone and you're already limited to basic functions.
I feel like you didn't read what I wrote:
It makes devs and hackers understand the system more.
Of course we can't use it, but we can get excited since we know that the devs work hard.

Reactions: whateverg1012
D

Deleted User

OP
I feel like you didn't read what I wrote:

Of course we can't use it, but we can get excited since we know that the devs work hard.
They just dumped the kernel. Nothing else. And yes, I have eyes so thanks for pointing the obvious.

BlastedGuy9905

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They just dumped the kernel. Nothing else. And yes, I have eyes so thanks for pointing the obvious.
Dumping kernel > gaining access to it > learning more about it > modifying it > finding exploit > injecting it back > making homebrew > all of that > us getting excited

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, I understand that it isn't an easy process but you have to start somewhere!

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,
D

Deleted User

OP
Dumping kernel > gaining access to it > learning more about it > modifying it > finding exploit > injecting it back > making homebrew > all of that > us getting excited

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, I understand that it isn't an easy process but you have to start somewhere!
To inject it back, you need ARM TrustZone access which haven't been cracked yet.
You can forcefully inject it, but in the end, it will revert everything back after reboot.

BlastedGuy9905

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To inject it back, you need ARM TrustZone access which haven't been cracked yet.
You can forcefully inject it, but in the end, it will revert everything back after reboot.
Great, now you abandoned your original argument and now you are pursuing something else. You do understand that it wasn't an on-point explanation, right? Please, just stop. Be pessimistic if you want, we are happy that hacking on the Nintendo Switch has made progress.

D

Deleted User

OP
Great, now you abandoned your original argument and now you are pursuing something else. You do understand that it wasn't an on-point explanation, right? Please, just stop. Be pessimistic if you want, we are happy that hacking on the Nintendo Switch has made progress.
(Kernel is nothing compared to TrustZone but okay, whatever you say?)
Just don't come crying when your people delays release by 15 years then quits.

Reactions: Deleted User

BlastedGuy9905

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Kernel is nothing compared to TrustZone but okay, whatever you say?)
Just don't come crying when your people delays release by 15 years then quits.
Just stop. That won't happen, things are happening real fast. I say it's impressive they even got to kernel in 4 months.

Reactions: whateverg1012
D

Deleted User

OP
Just stop. That won't happen, things are happening real fast. I say it's impressive they even got to kernel in 4 months.
They will not release it as fast as possible unless they want Ninjendos on their tail.
We'll both see how they will manipulate kernel after they're done digging throught it. (If they even started, Plutoo loves this kind of stuff)

BlastedGuy9905

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will not release it as fast as possible unless they want Ninjendos on their tail.
We'll both see how they will manipulate kernel after they're done digging throught it. (If they even started, Plutoo loves this kind of stuff)
Update server blocking and DNS is a thing. Nintendo may be tailing them, but they can't do anything besides sue them.

D

Deleted User

OP
Update server blocking and DNS is a thing. Nintendo may be tailing them, but they can't do anything besides sue them.
It's a thing if you want to limit your Switch and wait for a falling star to appear.
Sue hurts their budget the most. Nintendo can sue for a huge amount of money and if they do that, our known pack of devs will go bankrupt.

But let's not derail this into "Nintendo can only sue" because we all know how this will end.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcast

I got a little excited when I saw there was some kind of kernel access but if it's just a dump that's useless right now. Good luck to them with Trustzone etc though

Lol don't give me that BS, the Dreamcast did not die from piracy, when will you AP/DRM supporters realize that? Probably never. The Saturn had little piracy and it still failed, same with the 32 X. Sega started going down around this time, slowly, the PS2 slaughtered the Dreamcast. If you think for a minute that piracy "killed it" you're unfortunately incorrect.

No, but the devs can get really pissed and stop making switch games.

Indeed, but it's never happened on a large scale, either, the only devs who got "pissed" were devs like Renegade Kid, no one else. People are blowing something that doesn't exist out of proportion.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
D

Deleted User

OP
Lol don't give me that BS, the Dreamcast did not die from piracy, when will you AP/DRM supporters realize that? Probably never. The Saturn had little piracy and it still failed, same with the 32 X. Sega started going down around this time, slowly, the PS2 slaughtered the Dreamcast. If you think for a minute that piracy "killed it" you're unfortunately incorrect.
Can't wait till someone pulls the "Wii U had piracy and failed" card.
As to your post, I 100% agree with what you typed there.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait till someone pulls the "Wii U had piracy and failed" card.
As to your post, I 100% agree with what you typed there.

Exactly, the following systems were heavily pirated:

Nintendo DS
Nintendo GBA
PS3
PSX
PS2
Wii
PSP

And all have sold like hotcakes, most surpassing 100 million units in sales. And yet they were pirated, hmm, it's almost as if piracy has little to no impact on sales and success. *Sigh* Why must people constantly lose their shiz over something that's not going to happen for a long time? Piracy is the illegal duplication of a medium, not outright theft. Theft is taking something and having said object gone, requiring it to be replaced. In this case, it's more akin to taking a photocopier and copying a book 1:1 without consent. Still illegal, but hardly the same as theft. People need to realize this, but they won't. They have to lose their minds, it seems. C'est la vie I guess. :unsure:

BlastedGuy9905

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a thing if you want to limit your Switch and wait for a falling star to appear.
Sue hurts their budget the most. Nintendo can sue for a huge amount of money and if they do that, our known pack of devs will go bankrupt.

But let's not derail this into "Nintendo can only sue" because we all know how this will end.
I can agree with that, they were quite stupid actually, they tagged #NintendoSwitch, it's like they wanted Nintendo to know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1