Things you recently bought or got

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Alright. I don’t particularly need your exact one, but a recent horticultural hobby of mine maintains that I’ll need one similar for determining proper harvesting time and methods.
Speaking of horticulture, my wife is now using mine to inspect the houseplants for pests (we've been having red spider mites).

Yeah, any tiny microscope should suffice.

Reactions: rcpd

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have and still use a bunch of older 2.5 sata hdds and I've noticed that I'm still using mini usb enclosures for them. So I ordered a couple of cheap usb-c enclosures.

It was getting to be a pain everytime I needed to use one and it would take me 20 minutes to find a mini usb cable to only find out that it doesn't work anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: AncientBoi

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Light up Mario kart statue
Kaabo wolf king gt pro super scooter
Hit a top speed of 63.3mph so far and hoping to get a bit faster when my pmt stadale tires come. 7:30am the other morning I heard kaaaboooom from the hallway on other side of wall from where I was laying. Back tire exploded. Had lost air in it so I blew it up to 49.5 and lost 2psi in 24hrs then next day I checked and lost nothing. The next morning is when it exploded out of nowhere. Tire says max psi 50 and online I see to run tire’s between 40-50psi. But I think that’s def a lil to much for the cheap tires that come on them.

Attachments

• IMG_9673.jpeg
    IMG_9673.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 70760323280__79154D0D-E00F-4710-A5CF-47B592934987.jpeg
    70760323280__79154D0D-E00F-4710-A5CF-47B592934987.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9608.jpeg
    IMG_9608.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
Last edited by Tri-Z,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got a cart of ToTK. Lol... I beat the game (although not 100%) during the week before release. Then I had to go on deployment the same day as release, so I couldn't get it then.

Also picked up a PSVR2 and a charging station for the controllers (still charging up; haven't plugged it in to the PS5 yet). PSVR2 was $579.99 with the game bundle. Is that the going price now or a discount? Either way, no taxes, and 5% off my whole purchase + another $5 off. Saved $40 total without talking about sales tax.

EDIT: Just Googled that and apparently it's still $599 but some place named monoprice had (has?) a sale for $550.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last thing I bought?

I’ve been to the stupid parts store 13 times today. Why? Plumbing. My idiot ass thought I could do this myself. I am not a plumber but I watched a bunch of YouTube videos on how Pex works, how “sharkbite” fittings work, the proper way to clean and glue PVC, and a bunch of other stuff.

Let’s just say next time I’ll pay a plumber. It’s done and it doesn’t leak but it is neither pretty or neat. But at least the damn shower will stop leaking into the basement.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
w7pjcm685m7.jpg

Ram seems to have dropped in price a lot, so thought I'd bump up to 32GB. Fury Renegade seems to be one of the only 3600mhz cl16 kits easily available in the UK these days, is dual rank (or so says data sheet) and apparently overclocks decently (probably won't bother though, too lazy), also not covered in tacky rgb.

Not really needed yet, but cheap and don't know how long I will keep this system, so rather have it now, than want it later and it's unavailable/stupidly priced.

Last edited by Armadillo,

ZDA

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
zerodayarcade.com
XP
Country
United States
This is my new Anbernic RG35XX which runs tons of consoles. It has a Linux based OS with a custom launcher that's powered by Retroarch. It runs all 16-bit/8-bit just fine and also does PS1.

View attachment 391655

... and this is a Fossil Wear OS smart watch. I have a basic layout currently, nothing fancy.

View attachment 391656
That's a great handheld, love my Anbernic RG353PS

Reactions: AncientBoi

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cleaned out one of my 20 gallon long terrariums and bought a bag of Arcadia earthmix arid for it. Arcadia substrate is expensive, it's $50 for a 10 litter bag locally, but It's one of the best bioactive substrate I've used. Also bought some leaf litter(basically just heat treated dry leafs) and some powdered orange isopods to add to the tank.

Need to buy some more stuff for the tank, but basically I'm setting up a bioactive enclosure for a male hognose snake I will be picking up at the reptile expo I'm going to in 2 weeks. That won't be enough time for the tank to set up but the snake will be in quarantine for a month or 2.

Also bought 2 packs of those trick or trade Pokemon BOOster bundles. They come with 50 mini Booster packs of pokemon cards( 3 cards a pack) and are ment to be a alternative to giving out candy at Halloween.

Also....... bought some more Gundam kits. 4 more to be exact. It's 4 kits that just released and/or came back in stock on the site I buy from. I was organizing all my kits and I currently have over 30 kits. I definitely have to stop buying them.

Reactions: ZDA and AncientBoi

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It’s been a while since I’ve been around, and this entry in the recently got is the reason why. Although not that recent (it was November the 2nd), there’s a pretty good reason why we’ve held off from telling people.

This little man was born EXTREMELY prematurely, at just 22 weeks and 2 days. It’s difficult to really grasp just how small he was on that day, he weighed just 488 grams, and could fit in the palm of my hand.

I’ve held off from doing this post for so long because the chances of him surviving were less than 1 in 100. Indeed we had several horrific nights when the consultants told us to spend the night with him, because he wouldn’t make it until morning.

Thankfully, he’s a right wee fighter, and seems to revel in proving doctors wrong.
The poor wee guy hasn’t had an easy start to his life, hell he’s experienced more horrific medical situations than most of us would ever know about, let alone experience in our lives.

I could write pages upon pages on his journey over the past 10 months, but I’ll save you (and me reliving it) the heartache.

Here’s a photo from the day he was born, his wee eyes were still fused shut at that point. The tube in his mouth is from the ventilator, which did all of the breathing for him for quite a while.

Followed by one of him with my wife’s (tiny) hand a few days later. It’s black and white because he was extremely jaundice at that point and under a blue light, which is why he’s got his very fashionable shades on to protect his face.

The last pic is him now, the 7.2Kg wee chunk that he is, showing his delight at getting banana for the first time.

He is without a doubt the single most remarkable person I have ever encountered in my long and experienced life.

I thought it impossible to love my wife more than I did, but for bringing this wee man into my life, I have found a new, deeper level of love and respect for her. It wasn’t the way we expected our first child to come into the world, but she handed it all with care, love, dedication, dignity and patience. She’s a remarkable woman.

IMG_0305.jpeg

IMG_0020.jpeg

IMG_4142.jpeg

Last edited by Stwert,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?